I am 17 and had an abortion three weeks ago and i was 8 weeks pregnant. I didnt have the abortion for myself.
here is the story...
i found out at my boyfriend at the times house and the next day he broke up with me and didnt talk to me for weeks. During that time my ex(that i was with for a year and a half)and i started talking and he just knew i was pregnant, and he was there for me. Paul said that he would stay by my side no matter what i chose to do and so did my mom. As time went on though however my mom made me an appointment at the clinic and he said that he wouldnt stay if i had it and i compleatly understand where he was coming from with that. My biggest problem is that i feel like i was put here to be a mother. I raised my little sister and basically 2 of my friends kids. i wanted this baby more than anything but the babies would say that if i had it he would try to take it away from me and alot of horrible things. and i also didnt want to loose paul.
For the past three weeks i havent been able to sleep, when i do sleep i have the same nightmare, i absolutly hate myself for doing it, i want my baby back so bad, and i cry or get really upset when im around babies or pregnant woman.
i dont know what to do and i reallly need help.
somebody please reply i need advice about how to deal with my feelings and if it would be alright on my body if i tried to get pregnant soon.
thank you.

Hey,
Had an abortion when I was 17 too, and felt exactly like you do. It was awful, really awful. Guess in some ways you have to look at it in a way that you made the decision, maybe you regret it now, or wouldn't do the same again, but at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Could you talk to your mum or someone about all this? Maybe try some counselling? There are people there to help, try and get all the support you can.

Sorry not much help, just wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling like this.

As for getting pregnant again soon, know it seems like a good idea right now, but in reality, you'd probably feel just as confused again, you need time to try and heal after what has happened before you decide it's the right thing.

*hugs*

when i was 14, i had an abortion too. my mom was not supportive in the least, and i felt like if i didn't do it, i'd have nothing. i love my baby, and i think about what could've been. but i guess i think of it as a second chance. a second chance for what, i'm not really sure. i want my baby back too, but i know that my baby's in a better place.. and yours is too. one day, we will be mommys, but i guess now isn't our time, you know? much love, shyne.

I'm 19 and just 2 days ago I had a surgical abortion at 12 weeks pregnant. I felt forced in to it because I found out when I was 11 weeks pregnant and I freaked out. My boyfriend and I had only recently started dating and I fell pregnant straight away and I found out at his house too. He refused to come to the hospital because of work and said he couldn't stand by me if I kept it because he had to go home to his family where his mum was ill, so I too took comfort in my ex. He was emotional because wed been together for 4 years and said he would struggle to raise another mans baby so again I felt lost. I went to the hospital on my own and they said 'you have to have the abortion in 3 days or you can't have it at all' I only had 3 days to decided what to do and because I was alone, I panicked and went through with it. I can remember so clearly before I was put to sleep what the hell am I doing, I can't kill my baby but it was too late I was put to sleep and woke up before I knew it. The minute I woke up I screamed and 4 doctors had to control and calm me down and use oxygen to help me breathe. I felt evil, lost, confused and all I wanted was to feel the baby again. Yet no matter how much I miss my baby there was a reason why I did it and I have to remember this. It was not possible for me to raise a baby alone. I understand completley how lost and miserable you feel but we need to remember there was a reason behind our decision and something inside us which subconciously told us it was the right thing to do. Its natural for us to cry as our bodys are going through so much stress but there's so many people out there that is going through the same thing as you and I and there so many support groups. Don't feel alone, because your not the only one suffering. I feel the exact same pain everyday.

i was 19 years old turning 20. i was 4 weeks when i found out that i was pregnant. and at 9 weeks i had an abortion. when i found out that i was pregnant i balled my eyes out. the reason why is because the person i dated at the time i didn't want to be the father of my kids and didn't want to raise them up their. here is the story. when i found out that i was i told him over the phone when he was working he said "its not mine" i just cried. i wanted that baby more than anything. so when he got home i took 2 more test and they were both postive and still didn't believe me and so i took him to the doctors with me when i made an appointment. he would always yell at me, hit me, did drugs, and drank a lot of acohol, always wanted to go out. later on with in the 9 weeks i was pregnant i found out he was cheating on me. i called up my doctor and i talked to her. she helped me make a decision. i told her how i can't go anywhere  i have to stay home he hits me and does drugs and yells at the time. and she said would u want to bring a baby into that? and i said no i don't. so i made an appointment. it really broke my heart. but my doctor was right tho why would you want to raise a baby when all that is going on. and after all that i have changed my whole life around . but i still regret it each day that i live.  i know it was that right think to do at the time. but i am still upset over it.

I had an abbortion about 3days ago, I've never felt worse in my life, I really thought I wanted to do it but clearly now I keep seeing the doctors just saying you'll be asleep now see you in a bit and my last thought as he said that was its now or never but I never and I woke up in recovery happy and bubbly still thinking I had done right by me and my baby, when I woke up the next day I completlly broke down shaking crying being sick totally astactic and broken from what I had done to my child the day before, I notice you've said you want to try again? I also thought about that but alls I can think is that doctor is the only man who ever held my baby, ill never see that baby never hold it never care for it never see it laugh or hear its tiny cry, its really unbareable.. I'm a discrace for a women and really don't think ill have children after this.

I TOO HAD AN ABORTION, 2 OF THEM. I REGRET IT ALL, EVERYTHING!! I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HOLD MY BABIES!! i AM A MOTHER OF 2, A 7 YR OLD & A 21 YR OLD. IT WAS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE. I'M REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THIS LAST ONE DONE THIS PAST APRIL 2013. MY BOYFRIEND, WHO IS THE FATHER OF MY 7 YR OLD TOLD ME "I" COULDN'T AFFORD A BABY (I HAD RECENTLY LOST MY JOB & WAS STARTING A NEW ONE & GETTING MYSELF BACK TOGETHER). I LISTENED TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY, CRIED THE DAY HE TOOK ME - HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO ME. LIKE HE WAS GLAD IT WAS GOING TO BE OVER. TO THIS DAY, NOTHING IS EVER SAID. I FEEL LIKE I'M SLOWLY DYING INSIDE & CAN'T TELL ANYONE!!! fOR ANYONE OUT THERE THINKING OF GETTING AN ABORTION, IT'S THE WORST DECISION YOU COULD MAKE. i WOULD'VE RATHER LIVED WORKING 2 JOBS TO SUPPORT MYSELF & MY CHILDREN THAN GO THROUGH THE SLOW PAIN I FEEL EVERY DAY!!