I read that you should use lubricant when you anal masterbate, because the anus doesn't self-lubricate itself, but once I use the lubricant, how do I clean it up, out of the anus so I don't get irritated?

A douche filled with water.other than that there is really nothing you can use.

whats a douche?

A douche is a jet spray of water or a mixture of water and other chemical/substance like vinegar, etc. The term is usually associated with a cleansing of the vagina but the practice has fallen out of favor for a number of good reasons. Douching is NOT currently recommended.

There are several things you can do to make clean up easier.
First, put a condom on anything that you're using around the anus. Toys, dildos, cocks, fingers, anything.

Second, use lube. Water based lube is better than oil based. Oil based, vasolene or similar substance is reported to sometimes clog pores.

Third, use the lube until you're done.

Unless it's a runny liquid like liquid KY, it's not likely to run out or be a problem. If you feel unclean or that you need or want to clean up, try a simple water shower. You can rinse a lot off your body by positioning the shower stream to run down your rump and washing off with a cloth or your hands.

As for inside, usually that's absorbed by the bowel or is simply passed with the first bowel movement. Normally, it's not an issue.

Has this been helpful?

Yes, lots, but I don't have a condom readily available, im not looking to use toys or anything else, just fingers, so I should just wash them off and clip the finger nails and i should be fine right? Also what is a good household lube? Is Petroleum jelly oil based?

Thanks.

Douching your anus is fine to clean out unwanted materials as long as you do not go too far up.

If you're using your Fingers then, yes keep you nails clipped.

As for petroleum jelly, yes it is oil based