What is ASA?

sounds like me almost to the T...except I am 36.. Thank God I am not alone on this one..

I'm 33 and have experienced these migraines since I was 16. I had a few years of grace mid 20's but cam back with avengence at about 27. On 3 occasions they have admitted me to hospital for scans and tests the absolutely only thing that has ever worked for me is 'propananol' which is a beatablocker. My migraines were ruining my life and after speaking to hoards of doctors. A doctor in the emergency room one night gave me a shot of propananol and it went in minutes. I now take it in tablet form for 5 days from the start of my period and the migraines have gone! I some times still get the odd migraine during the rest of the month but I know the signs of one coming on and as long a I can get a pill in time it keeps it at bay. Look I know pills aren't for every one and if I had any other option I wouldn't take them but its really a very small price to pay to get your life back! It is a known treatment for migraines but you may need to educate you doctor about it! I feel for you all I really do!

I am not a doctor, My answers are not validated. But if you are having headaches related to your Period, Do these things and you will feel much better.

a) Start drinking vitamin waters or mineral water drinks

b) Yoga every morning will keep your stress level down, do a lot of stretching of your body, specially your back, your neck and your groins for better blood circulations

c) Eat Live, Eggs and dairy products to keep high amount of Vitamin B complex

d) Have some lemon water, orange, or some other fruits from same family

e) If you are not very fond of doing all above, have some vitamin supplement (Keep Yoga going)

f) This one is funny but has helped little bit    ( Swear at your headache loud)

Let me know if it works for you as well, because these things have made me and my friends feel better. 

I been having bad headaches after my Period goes off, it's to the point where I'm in tears an it feels like my head has so much pressure in it,last time around this time I went to the er about it but they told me it was cluster pain an maybe it was from stress ..I need help is there any herbal or pain pills I can use ...I wanna feel better ,tomorrow I'm going to doctor I hope they can find out where these headaches are coming from

Did you get any helpful answers. I am having that prob too. NAsty blasting headaches on the 2nd and 3rd day of my periods. plse help!

How many medications do you take right before and during Ur period? I take medication with caffeine for my period migraines but then I have rebound migraines at the end due to having do much caffeine in my system then having none since I don't eat or drink anything with caffeine. Since it lasts for two days that's what makes me think that's what it is because I have the same problem. What I do is I drink a big cup of tea the day after I stop medications for migraine then keep decreasing the amount of tea I drink each day. It seems to help. Hope u figure it out!

I know exactly how you feel. I have been having the same problem ever since I started on the pill. It always starts after my period. The migraine usually lasts up to a few days then dissipates after a couple of days. I am going to try remedial massage, as I always feel stiff in my neck. I have found too that exercise really helps!!

Ice seemed to help with my migraines. I literally icepack my head.

I get really sharp electric shock like pains that feel like there stabbing though my head and make me feel sick for a few days after my period and then it turns into a headache, it's only started happening over the last few months but no pain killers seem to do anything, has anyone else experienced these sharp pains?, they ae in the back of my head not over my eyes like a nomal headache?

Same here. I get a two day headache before and after my period. I had dizziness for 6 years- thought I was dieing and had every test by every dr known to man. Turns out its a symptom of migraine. I take 30 mg of cymbalta a day and headaches and dizziness gone. Except for the two I get around my cycle. I am now 42 yrs old

Never mind that I'm replying to a one year old post I just wanted to share how I manage my headaches. 10 days prior to period, avoid all sorts of nuts, caffeine, chocolates, canned goods, food with synthetic flavorings and coloring. Just consume all natural food, more fruit and veges. No soda and flavored drinks. Then exercise regularly and drink lots of water. This helped me manage my headache that started when I turned 27. I'm now 38. I hope this helps. I'd like to hear some feedback if it help you. 

It is estrogen-related. Eliminate all animal products (meat, dairy, etc.) and all overt fat (oils, nut, fatty foods, etc.), refined sugar and caffeine for several months and see if you notice a change. If you can get rid of the excess fat on your body and in your diet, you can balance hormones and get rid of these types of headaches. Once you're better, you can add healthy fat (a tablespoon of flax oil, peanut butter, 1/3 of an avocado) occasionally and you shouldn't feel negative effects.

i would suggest you ask ur dr about getting a dizziness meds... i have to take dizziness meds every 4 hours but then again it really helps... my meds is called meclizine and its 25mg and u can get it in chewable pills....they are t he best thing they have out there

I read thru many of these comments and same here...unbearable headaches that start on or around day 3 of my period, and lasts for 2 days. The only TOTAL relief for me has been to take Zomig.  It takes about 1 or 2 hours to take effect but that dreadful pain disappears.

Any other meds do not work, if anything they make me feel worse and extremely nauseaous.