OMG! I thought I am alone. I get this super duper headache right now as we speak. They do come right after.....sometimes before or during my period. I do believe that this is hormonal as why else would I get this right around the cycle. I wish we can find a solution out there. In the past, I have tried comsuming estrogen-rich food like soy milk or soy products and it seems to lessen the symptoms. I hope this helps.

Alot of women get headaches after their period ends. It's a drop in hormones.

hiya i dont no if this will help u, but i have been suffering with migraines for years, usually just befor my period, but now im getting them after, i take a tablet every night called nortriptyline, and ecerytime i have a migraine coming i take a zolmitriptan as i get very sicky and my 1 side of my head kills but if u take zolmatriptan as u get that feeling it really does take it away, if u still have it bad u can take another 1 2 hours after but only 2 in 24hours, iv sufferd for years and zolmatriptan are still doing the trick now, i also have a bad neck which causes more headaches with the migraine and naproxen helps, i hope this will help u.

I have sufferd for years with migraines at the start, during and after my periods i take zolmitriptan on the onset of it and it takes it straight off, and the sickness, i also take nortriptyline everynight to keep them not being as bad as they could get.
these tablets are my saviour when i get these bad heads, i hope this helps.x

Have had similar problem but feel better when I use progesterone cream.. I'm 25 and have also had problems with hormones for a while now

Your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I get a headache after my period, over the nose and I throw up everything for at least 24 hours so I cannot take any medication in that time. My doctor has tried a few different preventative medications but nothing helps. I am 50 and I didn't have my period for 6 months and didn't have a headache for 6 months, then I got it again and right afterwards I got a headache. This has proved to me that it's definitely hormone related! I wish someone would do research on this. I feel like it may be related to the testosterone levels as during that same time as I have a headache my facial hair seems to grow uncontrollably (my own theory). It's great to know I'm not alone but really would like someone to do some investigating into this.

I have had the same symptoms.  Terrible (like unliveably bad) migraine with naseau then vomiting that doesn't stop for roughly 24hrs.  The migraine usually lasts, to some degree, for about 5 or 6 days.

Out of desperation I cut gluten out of my diet about a week ago (just before I expected to get my next headache).  I saw a study which explained that a significant number of idiopathic migraine sufferers have some level of gluten sensitivity, intolerance, or allergy.  While I did get a migraine, it was the first one in nearly 2 YEARS that did not come with vomiting. It also lasted only 2 days!!!

Prior to this I tried cutting out caffeine, chocolate, nuts, dairy, etc.  This is the only thing I've done that has affected the length and severity of my migraine.

Hope this helps!

My doctor put me on Marvelon, and I just take the packets back to back so I don't have to have the seven day break - which is when my headaches happen! :)

I am also a teacher and have been experiencing similar migraines the day after my period. Almost everything you've described sounds like I could've written it. Just a suggestion, but my menstrual problems usually correlate with my thyroid levels being out of whack. Maybe your doctor could check your thyroid and vitamin D levels. They are all closely related and can cause similar symptoms.

I'm 39, I've had my tubes tied & I have had one ovary removed. I've had these headaches for about 4 yrs. I have them for 4-7 days after my period ends, like clockwork. I can predict when they start and when they will stop, they come and go with/or without meds on their own. Like a someone said previously the headaches start in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades, goes up the back of the neck and out across the top of my shoulders, up the back left side of my neck (feels like an ear ache) then to the temple, nose and eye socket. I know when the pain is coming on because it feels like muscle cramps or tightness. Then later it feels like a sinus headache and my left nostril always runs when I have them. I've tried sinol nasal spray, allergy nasal spray, aspercream, tiger balm (many types of rubbing creams. I've tried progestrone creams, bp pills w/ progestrone, ibuprophen (now up to 4pills every 4hrs, about 800mg), elavil (made me gain 20lbs) tylenol, naproxin, hydrocodone, sex & exercise. Sex helps sometimes & so does exercise but it's difficult to do those if you feel like c**p and have been for days on end. None of the stuff I've tried except hydrocodone totally remove the pain & I was taking only one hydrocodone and it would stop it for a few days to now taking 2 every 24hrs. Unfortunatly that's a narcotic and doc's are reluctant to prescrib that. So it's difficult to get your doc to refill when it runs out. I have digestives issues and sometimes sever pain in my stomach when I have gas now and I contribute that to all the ibuprophen I have to take on a monthly bases along w/ all the other meds. I have a nutri-bullet and I drink a lot of fruits and vegis almost daily. Using my heating pad seems to work like a charm most times but it cuts off after an hour so the pain wakes me up so I can start my heating pad over again at night when I sleep. I work from home so I keep it up to my head while working and it helps me to be able to think cause it seems it's hard to think when they get really bad. I've also had mri, cscan's ultrasounds, been to sleep center was tested for sleep apnea, and a spine doctor. You name it I've done it!!! I've been told about the anemia thing check my iron levels they were normal but doc still put me on the pill to make my periods lighter and the headaches didn't stop. I even tried drinking a lot of grape juice starting on the last day of my cycle..it made me feel better for a day or so but then the headaches came on strong after. So it's not anemia. I feel depressed, easily irritated, emotionally sensitive during this time as well, I've studied Deepak Chopra (mantra meditation) & Eckard Tolle (present moment awareness, so I don't focus on the future & when my next round of pain starts) &  I've learned to meditate to try to keep my mind calm and it sometimes help me not to get too stressed out & over tensed about the onset of the days when I know my headaches will start. Listening to relaxing music (relaxed melodies, free app) and deep breathing seems to help sometimes early on (the first 2-3 days) but after the 4th day there's nothing I can take that will get rid of it besides hydrocodone and a glass of wine (I know I'm not supposed to drink and take meds) but when I feel like that it's whatever will work for the moment is what I will do, it's about surviving and functioning at that point. Currently I'm still taking the progestrone bp pills (3months now) but about to stop since it only made the 1st 2 days of my cycle lighter but didn't take away the headaches. As a matter of fact I've started to feel a little headache 2 days before my cycle where as before I didn't feel that. I was planning on going to see a doc about it but after reading all these post I think I will save another $35 co pay and buy a hormone kit if I can & track my hormones. Then I can treat the dropping levels as needed w/ remedies for estrogen and progestrone & other natural stuff to see if that works. I take maca root pills 750mg (natural rememdy) cause I kept getting vaginosis infections due to the sudden hormone changes. Those put a stop to that issue. After seeing soooo may women with this issue I'm starting to think there is something in our food or atmosphere etc that they didnt tell us about & the government knows but don't want to reveal it. I dont' remember hearing of so many women in my Mama's generation or my Grandma's going through this types headaches. There's something in the water or somewhere..this is no coincidence, I'm sure. The doc's just don't know what to do or they dont' want to reveal what the rememdy is cause many drug (especially bc pills) companies would be out of a lot of money if there was one way to cure our issue. But I pray we find it and it's revealed asap cause there's so many of us suffering!!!

Hi ladies, I have had this going on for years. I am 27 years old and have had migraines since i was 15. They usually come around the time of my cycle. I saw a neurologist and she prescribed ketorloac injections. It works within 20-30 mins and I feel like a whole new person! The only downside is that they are injections, but when you're experiencing the horrible migraine pain, it really doesn't matter at the time. I would talk to your doctors and see if they can prescribe that for you!

Way oversimplified and somewhat offensive response. I exercise 6 days a week, both cardio and strength, and still get migraine headaches at the end of my cycle that leave me bed-ridden for 4 days.

Hi there,
I also get these headaches where no medication helps. also around the time of me period. my docter prescribed Maxalt and it works wonderful. within an hour it is gone. it is the only medication this far that helped me. maybe it can work for you too.

Hi there, I also get these headaches where no medication helps. also around the time of me period. my docter prescribed Maxalt and it works wonderful. within an hour it is gone. it is the only medication this far that helped me...

Have you had your iron levels checked? Iron deficient anemia can cause dizziness.