I get these headaches too! Exact same pattern. They seem to get worse as I get older.

did you get your bloodwork done? you might be iron deficient or B12 deficient.
I would recommend the herb "dongquai" which can be found at whole foods, sprouts, or amazon.
Take it for about a month or two and that should fix the problem naturally.

It is possible you have vertigo. Look on YouTube and see how the epley maneuver is done. If you have vertigo it will help after doing it a few times. Hope this helps

Hi there,
I know exactly what you are going through. I don't know if you still receive answers from this question, but sumatriptan 100mg as needed (generic form of Imitrex) takes these headaches away for me. NOTHING else worked. I tried all the different anti-inflammatories, Excedrin Migraine is a joke. I tried ice and sleep, and the headache would still be there when I woke up. I called it my 2 day headache. Always lasts 2 days, and occurs before, during, or after my period, and often around my ovulation time. Um, seems like hormone imbalance, right, well doc didn't want to test hormones for some reason. This started for me at about 27 years old too, I'm now 33. The symptoms seemed to start after I had the Depo Provera injection. I'm not sure if that's what caused it, but it took like 10 months for me to get my period back. During that time, I was full of rage, had water retention, and constant spotting......all normal said docs. Yeah, ok. Since then, I had the 2 day headaches. I've done so much reading on so many different things like estrogen withdraw, low serotonin and the way serotonin and estrogen affect each other. They tried putting me on regular BC pills, made things worse. I don't know what to do next, but thought I'd post here for you and others who may have the same problem. Sumatriptan does take them away. It does cause me to feel a little tired, and have a weird sensation throughout my body, but at least the pain goes away.

Just wondering what the active ingredient in the natural breast enhancement pills is. I think this could be a clue to what causes these menstrual migraines. I received the Depo Provera shot, and my boobs were sooo swollen, and that is only synthetic progesterone. I started getting the headaches at that time too, and they have stuck with me 6 years after the shot wore off.

I have also experienced migraines before my period since my twenties (I am 48 yrs old now). They would nearly always last 3 days. I found out that it is due to falling estrogen levels. I've been going through perimenopause for at least a couple of years now, and with all of the hormonal fluctuations, the migraines sometimes happen during ovulation or at the end of my period as well. What has REALLY helped me is to take a Magnesium Malate supplement. You can take 800 - 900 Mg daily (spread throughout the day), and a little more if a migraine is coming on. I've found that the migraine will subside with the magnesium. Sometimes the pain comes back, but it subsides again after taking the magnesium. The Magnesium Malate is gentle on your stomach, unlike other forms of magnesium.

I completely relate to this. The neurologist I saw gave me a drug that almost made my heart explode. I am going on almost 7 years of these headaches. I have a headache everyday. The headaches around my cycle are the real doozies though. Nothing helps completely, I just have to push through. I look forward to the change....I am only 33 but I am hoping everything changes after menopause.

I'm a 40 y.o. female and I've had high pressure headaches/migraines before, during, and after my menstrual cycle for over 10 years that I can remember. Right now, it seems to just be a few days before and one day into my cycle and last for 4-5 days about two-three days after my cycle. I've been to emergency rooms several times because of it. I have tried everything under the sun including meds, acupuncture, biofeedback therapy, etc. and more. I hate taking meds and try natural relief, but the pain was just too severe, so I had to go to meds. I get pissed when doctors say it's stress. I know it's hormonal. I feel like they don't care to know and just push me off and blame me for the migraine. The only thing that seems to work currently for me is a cocktail of a strong anti-nausea med (Promethazine 25mg), Meloxicam (7.5MG) because I can't take IB Profin anymore, Phenylephrine (10mg)-nasal decongestant and Diphenhydramine HCI 50mg-antihistamine. Tylenol doesn't touch it since I believe the pain is due to inflammation. One time I accidentally took 20mg of Phenylephrine (only supposed to take 10mg at a time) with the combination above, but boy did it work. All pain disappeared, but I was jittery. I am not a doctor, I'm just a sufferer. Please talk to your doctor first before doing anything I did. Oh, I also had about two cups of caffeinated coffee in me too. Not sure if that was just coincidence or if it really helped.

This is very true and helpful advice. Thank you!

I am 46 and started experiencing the same headaches after periods some 6 months ago.

I get the same thing.. Please seek help from anxiety centre online! .. I really think my dizziness is a menstrual/stress combo and these guy really helped me overcome it! Best of luck

On the day my period finished which was a week ago I got a huge headache and now it won't go away. I took Tylenol and Aleve but it didn't work and it would go away than it would come back stronger. It's like 5 days now that I have the headache. I told my mom about it and she says it's normal? I searched up it up and the only thing that comes up is things about pregnancy and I am only 15!

Hello. I have been suffering from migraines towards the end of my period for years, vomiting and tingling sensation in fingers and lips plus really sensitive hearing adds to the pressure too. I am also a teacher so can appreciate how difficult it can be to try and cope with it all when you have a class full of students, NOT easy. I am 47 and have had such a bad year with migraines each month I have been worried about it affecting my job as well as family life. I have researched on the Internet and what I have come to the conclusion that it is the body coping with the reduction in oestrogen and progesterone. Try and take migraine tablets the day before you think you may have a migraine. At my age the Dr has referred me to try an injection once a month, for three months, which will stop hormone production (menopasual state) to see if I keep getting migraines.
If you are not happy keep going back to your drs, or ask for another opinion. There are also lots of websites with some good advice too. You are not alone suffering, there are so many women who have to go through this debilitating stage every month. It's easy for me to say but try not to get too down, there is always an answer out there somewhere, it could even be dietary? All the best and good luck.

Thank you for the advice. You too- have all the best of luck and God bless you. Have a nice day.

For years, I had really bad headaches around the time of my period. Then I heard an ad for a compounding pharmacy that specializes in natural hormone therapy for migraines. (It is safe to take natural progesterone. It does NOT cause cancer. Progestin is synthetic. Totally different.) I made an appt. Got natural progesterone 50 mg capsules prescribed. I take one a day, 5 days before my period and keep taking it until day 9 of my period. No more headaches!! I wish I had gone a long time ago.