I contracted HPV when I was 19 . It moves quickly. I had severe dysplasia almost full blown cancer. Was caught just in time. And I had flat warts which weren't visible to the naked eye. So it does cause both warts and cancer. Not just one or the other.

Thanks so much for this detailed reply.

Hi. In 2007 i was diagnosed with hpv... In my case it was bad and ended up with Cervical, Rectal, Colon and finally Bowel Cancer.
I had 3 lots of radiation and after 3 days of chemotherapy i ended up in ICU with Pneumonia so they wasn't able to continue treatment.
I had major surgery which has left me with a permanent Colostomy .
I couldn't believe that the HPV had turned into Cancer.
Now i have found more growths(warts) and am worried what will happen next.
Im too overwhelmed and scared to go to see my doctor at the moment.
Any feedback would be great.
Thanks for listening to my story.

The same thing happened to me hun. Now i have recently found more growths(warts) and im scared to death of what happens next. I had Cervical, Rectal, Colon and bowel cancer and have a permanent Colostomy bag.
What happens when they come back.???
I can't have anymore chemotherapy or radiation.
Im terrified.

I was diagnosed with hpv at the age of 14 yrs. I'm now 31, I had the one outbreak back then....they burnt and treated them. I have never had any recurrences over the years. In some cases I read your body natural gets rid of the virus. I now have a 9 year old daughter, and Im seriously considering making sure she is vaccinated for HPV. Though, Im a bit weary of the side effects, it's my job to protect my baby girl from any harm. Had there been a vaccine 15 years ago for this, my mother would have done the same.

Thank you for sharing your story.

You gave me a little relieve. Thanks for the encouragement!

No I am not a doctor, however I developed stage 3 vulva cancer, and it was from warts, so all this reading of HPV warts can't cause cancer in the cervix or vaginal or uterus or even anal is total horse poop. I am 3 time cancer survivor of HPV cancers. I had stage 3 vulva cancer in 2012, no surgery just god awful chemo/radiation. In 2014 I developed vaginal cancer and after colposcopy and cone biopsy they discovered uterine cancer as well as cervical, I didn't find out their stages until after a complete hysterectomy was done in later end of 2015, uterine was stage 3 cervical was stage 2. Now then to the present I have been diagnosed with vaginal cancer again. HPV lays dormant in your body for years, upwards some never have one episode their entire life or like us develop the symptoms and it gets worse and grows. There is no cure for HPV and repeated routine regular paps don't always tell the truth, women who have had an episode of HPV anytime in their life should undergo a biopsy to make sure there are no HPV cells. It never goes away, I am living proof as well as several million of other women who have been diagnosed, it never just goes away, it goes into remission only.

This is not true. Both low risk and high risk can come back at older age or if you have lie immunity !!!

Guys that gives his to us really should be punished ... I was in a relationship for 2 years after about 1.5 I had some symptoms and he had been screwing around on me now he’s married with a kid and I’m single alone and scared I might not be able to have kids one day I just had an abnormal pap after a good 10 years but recently had a nervous breakdown and believe my whole body was falling apart I was told the strain I had was nothing to be concerned about originally ,,.. I think the dr was a penis head after reading these

Thanks for all the information. I read through a lot of online articles I did not find anything about it taking more than 2 years to clear up. I was wondering if its possible for the virus to clearup after a longer time, do you know anything about that? How long did yours take to clearup?