Greetings. I am a new pet owner. I never had a dog before, never in my life. But, three days ago, it was my anniversary, and my boyfriend bought me a dog. To be honest, I was thinking that he is going to propose me after five years since we are together. But, it is ok. This dog is from his sister. She moved to another city, and she was not able to take him with her. Especially because he is really weak and very often, he is sick. Yesterday, he was like crazy. Maybe he is missing his owner, but maybe it is something bigger. He is totally disoriented and a little bit aggressive. I was googling a little bit about this, and I found that he might have seizures. Since I don’t know what is that, I was googling all over again, and I found out that this can be epilepsy :/ Can you tell me signs and symptoms of this disease?

Now, I am worried :/ 

Um, is it just me, or you don’t want this dog to be yours? If this is true, you should tell this to your boyfriend. I don’t know is this just a nice gift, or he was looking for someone to take care of this dog, because I assume that his sister wanted him to have this dog? Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, seizures is epilepsy, and dogs, just like cats and people, of course, can have it. Yes, the symptom is when your dog is disoriented, yes the symptom of epilepsy is when your dog is a little bit aggressive. Other symptoms are jerking, collapsing, loss of consciousness, tongue chewing. Your dog can look confused as well. Take him to the vet. I think that your boyfriend’s sister was really irresponsible. 

Hey. I am truly sorry if your dog has epilepsy. I don’t know how to fight it, because I never had experience with it, but I am pretty sure that you will handle it good, with your vet. Like Dog Whisperer told you, those are main symptoms, and you should observe very well to see what is going on with your dog. But, I have to agree, forgive me if I am wrong, but I also think that you don’t get this dog serious. Did you check his stool? Did you saw anything that is weird? Those are signs…Please, let us know did you take your dog to the vet. 

Hello I can talk from my own experience. I had this dog, Chester, while I was at the college. I had him for eight years. I saw that he is acting weird, but to be honest, I didn’t know that dogs can suffer from epilepsy. He was really bad, he was disoriented all the time. Whenever I went to walk him, he was hitting the trees, buildings, etc. I was thinking that he is having some eye problems, and I went to see the vet. He told me that my dog has epilepsy, and we started to treat him. He told me that I need to observe, because disorientation is the first sign of epilepsy. Now, he is ok, but I think that my dog still has some consequences because I didn’t treat him on time.

Hello. Maybe you are a right a little bit, because I never had a pet before, and I didn’t want to have this dog. It is very huge responsibility for me, and I have to admit that I was a little bit furious because my boyfriend didn’t propose me. I know that this is not a situation, but I need to tell you this. I didn’t see vet yet, one more mistake, but don’t judge me. I had an exam, so I really needed to learn. But, I have noticed that my dog is a little bit disoriented, and that he has some pain, probably in his abdomen. Do you still think that I need to visit the vet? My boyfriend is now mad at me because I am not taking care of this dog… I have to say that I understand him totally. 

Oh my God! YES! You still need to visit the vet? I mean, have you read any of those posts? Those are obviously signs of the epilepsy, and I support your boyfriend. He is totally right for being mad at you. You didn’t have time to visit the vet? That is lame excuse: / Those are signs, and if you want to save this dog, I suggest you to go now immediately, because if you wait, something wrong can happen with this dog. Don’t hesitate, and go immediately. Maybe it is not late, maybe it is the beginning of epilepsy and you can cure it easily.