OMG! U r sooo funny!

Really wtf. I need a solid answer without people trying to be the fda.
I've been smoking and using warm salt water whiskey honey and lemon and it hasn't gotten worse. Really it's gotten better. Only smoking about 3 a day

I had the exact same thing happen to me! Literally struggled to breathe they were that swollen

Well a NHS nurse said to me the other day "I shouldn't tell you this but a one now and again won't hurt and it will in fact kill bacteria on your tonsils.... dunno if that is to be believed or not. I still smoke with it but a bit less cos it tastes rank with tonsilitis.... now I have glandular fever if I smoke it makes me gag haha! Ouchy

This guy knows the meaning of life

what a great thought really. be a free spirit

jaja shhsh jsjsjsj sjjs

I would recommend you not to smoke at the beginning of your tonsillitis, since that will give you the worst sore throat. But as the antibiotics start working I dont see why not. You might wake up the next day feeling ill. I currently have tonsillitis and I'm testing my theory now where ill take a pill of ibuprofen (anti inflammatory medicine) and then smoke. I'm hoping that the ibuprofen cancels out the inflammation from smoking. This might not work since i have no knowledge in medicine hahahha.

I have a small cut on my right tonsil would I be ok?

Don't smoke with tonsillitis it will only make it worse

actually if you smoke with tonsilitis it causes bad pains in your throat and makes it worse for about an hour or two and the pain calms down but over all if you smoke with tonsilitis it could make it worse, i know thi beccause this is mh second time with it and ive experienced the pain first hand

I have smoked for a while now and I would strongly recommend you not to start if you haven't already but anyway, I have gotten tonsillitis a few times and my doctor has told me that smoking doesn't cause tonsillitis, but it does increase the risk of contracting it and makes it worse when you already have it. As a smoker ( again i wouldn't recommend starting and would strongly recommend trying to quit) I can understand your struggle and would say to just try and cut down while you have the infection or an even better soloution would be to stop completely or at least while you have the infection. But you can get rid of it while smoking it just makes it a little bit harder and more painfull.

Probably not the best idea but it's not a terrible thing to do, if you want to smoke go for it, it's your choice. It harms you in many ways but helps too. Maybe not the best for your condition but you can't help if you want one.

Yes. It can just slow the healing process down. But make sure you are not smokeing in cold air like outside for example if it's cold smoke in your car or your house and instead of smoking a full cigarette smoke only a few hits or half. I realized with my tonsillitis my treat felt so much worse if I smoke a full cig instead I smoke a few hits or half and didn't smoke as much just had half every hour or 2 hours hope this helps

I feel you man. I have this crappy tonsillitis as well, had a smoke and I Dont feel any worse so I guess it depends on how bad your tonsillitis is. Mine were pretty bad but they cooling off now. But I did slow down on the ciggies due to the uncomfortable feeling whilst smoking with tonsillitis. So just try smoke a bit less smokers, because we all know we can't just stop now can we