I'm pretty new to masturbation and I thought I would try to use two finger penetration, and when I put my fingers inside of me I felt a slight ripping feeling. I went to the bathroom and there was no blood, but when I looked at myself in the mirror their was a little rip on my vagina. Did I break my hymen? 

Health Guru
Hi, technically no you can't take your own virginity as to actually loose it a penis needs to enter your vagina, you can break your hymen through fingering but then again you can break it other ways with out realising such as stretching exercises that spreads the pelvis, horse riding, riding a bike and a few others. :-)

I can't tell if you broke your hymen from your description but breaking your hymen is not losing your virginity. You lose your virginity when you have sexual intercourse. I hope that helps.

thanks for the help;)

As written above - NO you can't take your own virginity. Virgin is simply a word to describe someone who hasn't had sexual intercourse.

Your hymen is what tears and it's not that visible. Certainly not to simply look in a mirror and see it - unless your hymen is quite close to the opening and otherwise very visible. Work our where the tear is - get an anatomical picture of female vagina parts and try to figure out what you tore.

Tearing can lead to infection if you just leave it. So be sure to put some ointment on any area (other than your hymen of course) where a skin tear occurs. Keep the area clean and as dry as possible until it's healed. Then feel free to go back to exploring your own pleasure centers. Masturbation is a normal, healthy activity that nearly all humans engage in.

We have well experiecned,highly qualified Lady Gynecologist/Plastic Surgeon to perform hymen reconstruction surgery -and are very serious about your confidentiality level.Hymen repair surgery,hymen restoration to tighten and restore to a more intact hymen,IVF,UTI,Hystoroscopy, for national and international patients.

The surgical options will be discussed with you and adequate choices given to you related to the type of procedure and choice of hospital at Delhi,India where we do our routine surgeries.

Thank you so MUCH !