irene,

no one can help me at all. they just shrug it off. they dont want to do anything to help because they cant fix it.

LADIES, I HAD THE SLING PUT IN, IN 2009. THE PAIN STARTED AS PERIOD CRAMPS BUT, BECAME PROGRESSIVELY WORSE. NOW THE PAIN IS CONSTANT. THE DR. WHO DID THE SURGERY HAS MOVED. I NOW SEE THE DR. WHO TOOK HER PLACE. SHE IS OK FOR A ANNUAL CHECK UP. I DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT WITH HER IF I NEED SURGERY. I'VE BEEN READING YOUR RESPONSES. I DON'T NEED SEX TO BE AN ISSUE. MY BOYFRIEND HAS RA. WE JUST GOT UNDER CONTROLL SO WE CAN START HAVING A SEX LIFE AGAIN. NOW THIS STARTS. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SURGERY DOESN'T HELP? CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THEY WERE DIAGNOSED. I'VE HAD CAT SCANS, SONOGRAMS, BLOODWORK AND I'M HAVING AN MRI TOMORROW. NOTHING HAS SHOWN UP SO FAR. WILL THE MRI BE ABLE TO DETECT THIS? OR IS THERE ANOTHER TEST? MY PCP AND GYN WON'T RETURN MY CALSS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. SHOULD I SEE A SPECIALTY GYN? OR UROLOGIST? WHAT DID/ARE YOU DOING? LET'S DO SOMETHING TO HELP US AND OTHER WOMEN. TELL THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE DO NOT GET THIS SURGERY!

I HAD THE SURGERY 6 WEEKS AGO AND I GET A BAD PAIN IN MY LEFT GROIN TO MY LEFT KNEE AND MY FOOT FEELS AS THOUGH IT'S BROKEN, i CANNOT WALK FOR VERY LONG PERIODS WITH OUT WANTING TO LIMP. IT'S AWFUL . I GET SOME BURNING ON MY LEFT GROIN AREA , NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS. BUT I CAN RELATE BECAUSE ALL OF MINE IN ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE , I HAD A LOT OF COMPLICATIONS WITH THE SURGERY TOO. I GOT A BAD INFECTION, AND ALLERGIC REACTION , I HAD TO CATH MYSELF FOR A WEEK AND A HALF. IT WAS AWFUL... IF YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS SURGERY DON'T DO IT.

After a total hysterectomy, I had complications from a damaged ureter and a twisted colon but I won't give the long details. The ureter was repaired, and another surgery corrected my colon. Anyway, I couldn't urinate sitting down but figured out if I stand, bend over, and barely bend my knees then I could urinate. I've been having to do this for 15 years now. It doesn't takes a rocket scientist to realize it's because the bladder sling apparently collapsed and interferes with the ureter (that has a stint in it) to work normally. I had specialists to check me but it seemed a "mystery"--actually doctors won't reveal other doctor's mistake from the same state in case of lawsuits.

donna,

you need to have a trans-vaginal sonogram done. tell your doctor thats what you want. dont take no for an answer! nothing will show up on any other test. my doctor retired and another doctor is taking his place, the doctor that assisted him in my surgery. i have been going to a urologist. i havent had that test done yet because i have just recently heard about it. also you need a urogynecologist and they dont have one where i live. it is a different doctor. they specialize in both things. i also have a recurrence of melanoma and i am facing surgery for that at a cancer hospital here in texas and i cant do anything about the sling and mesh until the cancer is taken care of. so i am sure i will die before anything is done. but you can do something!!!!! please get that test done.

cathy

THANK YOU CATHY. I'M HAVING SURG TOMORROW 7-24-12. WITH UROGYN. LAPAROSCOPY AND D&C. HE WILL CHECK THE MESH. I USED TO WORK IN ONCOLOGY. I KNOW THE STRESS AND STRAIN CANCER HAS ON THE PATIENT AND FAMILY. I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING GOOD CARE AND HAVE ALOT OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY SUPPORT. THE PTS. THAT DO THE BEST ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SUPPORT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. GOD BLESS

thank you donna. i wish you luck tomorrow. let me know what the doctor finds. yes i do have family support but it is still so hard as i am sure you know working in that field and all.

cathy

I have the same problems,and cannot stand up straight since surgery. Please tell me if you have gotten any relief.

I had a full hysterectomy and a bladder sling in Dec of 2011. I feel like I was healing fine but I still have some bloating in my lower pelvic area. At first the Dr. told me I needed time to heal. I have a weird tugging pulling sensation especially after doing any activity. My Dr. now has suggested to give me a steroid injection. I cancelled my appointment because I am scared of more side effects. I am so tired of being in pain. I don't like being a complainer. I just want to move on. 

bea,

women across the country are having all kinds of problems with it including me. plus i have the mesh too to deal with. i hope you get better.

cathy

I am going through exactly the same Thing , I also had a sling put in 2006 and always had a problem urinating due to a histerectomy. I let them put in a sling and at first it seemed fine . About a year ago started having trouble peeing now it's a lot worse It takes me 3 minutes to go now , I seen my eurologist today and he has agreed to remove as much of it as possible he said the mesh is doing its job and suggested to leave it in and catherize myself so the irritation can go away well I told him I couldn't live like that and with the pain. I am so happy to get this out of my body I do know that some of it has absorbed into the skin but he is going to remove as much as possible ,he did warn that I will probably wet myself again but atleast I will be able to pee again. The pain I will have to live with .i just wished I never had this damn thing put in my body. If anyone you know wants this surgery warn them . If I had to do it all over again I would wear the pads. My surgery is sept. 4 I call it my liberation day.good luck to you and if you need an ear e-mail me. Your not alone.

I too have a bladder sling and yes I have abdominal pain and I can't pee either . I contacted a lawyer ,he sent me a list of recalled meshes . That's where I started and yes mine was recalled ,I'm having surgery soon to remove it, well remove as much as they can . Atleast that can be a starting point .I hope yours is not one of them. Just remember if they want to remove it make sure they save whatever they remove. My doctor keeps bringing up lawsuits on tv, so I know they are afraid they will get sued but that's not the case the manufacturers are the ones being sued. No matter what ,make sure it gets saved and don't feel intimidated by asking for it because yes they will discard it if you don't ask and that's your only positive proof it was inside you and it's condition. Good luck

I'm in the same boat as you I contacted a lawyer that is now handling my case . Everyone should come forward before anyone else is mutilated. And yes mutilated!! Our lives have been drastically changed for the worse I am on OxyContin and oxycodone also flexaril for muscle spasms and don't let me forget Luvox for the depression. I don't think they have diagnosed or put a name on this condition yet but I'm sure it will be soon there are just soo many of us with this affliction. And there are more of us every day . The mesh should be banned immediatly. And for us that have been mutilated should be compinsated for our suffering.not just us but also our loved ones.my husband and daughters are afraid I might not be around for them and I feel the same way. I just pray they ban all meshes. And slings.

I am also experiencing problems from my surgery I had Jan. of this year . I am hurting in my pelvic area and sometimes I can't even walk, especially when I bend over to pick up something it hurts my back and legs and i can't stand the pain. has anyone had this problem. I fell right now that i have a bladder infection and my bladder is not emptying all the way. I go to the bathroom about every 15-20 minutes. I found a site on the internet about people suing fro these same problems that all you are having. Hope you all get better.

i had bladder sling surgery in 2008.for the last to years i been having alot of pain.I can't sleep in my bed i sleep and a chair all the time so i know how you feel. I have appt with the Urogynecologist on 11-21-2012 So pray for me and i will pray for you.