please go to UCLA for her problems they have great Doctors there that can help her. here is some information on one of these great doctors. PLEASE DONT LET HER GIVE UP !!
Dr. Ja-Hong Kim
UCLA MECIAL CENTER
10833 LA CONTE AVE
LOS ANGELES, CA 90095

yes, ucla is the best!!!! the dr name is dr raz. i know several people that have had the surgery by him. they are very satisified.

I have never replied to a post before, but my sister (who had a "butterfly" sling put in several years ago) is concerned about a subtle vibration in the pubic area. She has no pain and very minimal leaking, but is wondering why this unusual feeling (which started about a week ago) is happening and could this be an indicator of something serious. There are so many horror stories about these slings and if she can prevent possible upcoming difficulties, she needs to get to a specialist ASAP. What did you find out about these vibrations...what did you do? Thank you.

Did you remove it?How are you now?

For Jen...who did your 2nd surgery..what did they do...how are you now please?

are you better? I had it done about 3 weeks ago, I feel great other then that nagging pain in my left side...does it get better?

I had a bladder sling done this past August,I had a bladder repair done 3 weeks ago because the sling didnt work,have had several infections since the bladder sling was done.Now just like you I have the severe burning pain and it feels like little needles are sticking me inside where this pain is,my doctor said I shouldnt have any pain,but the pressure and draining are prefectly normal!I saw him last week,its killing me to sit here and try to write this.The only releif I get is in bed,I feel just like you!

You probably need to find a dr. that agreed with you,. You need the sling out. I believe there are other more conversational surgeries ,that will end you pain and take care your urinary issues. is YOUR BODY and the quality of your life. Don't give up until you find a dr. willing to help you. Good Luck

i was just wonder has anyone out there had prombles with heir colon leaking through their virgial i had cancer 7 years ago and scene then i had gas passing through the wrong end and its scare me i went to a ob but she said she didnt see anything but i feel it all..i dont like being around anybody because of it..i have something called the horseshoe thats holden up my kidneys..i have alot of pain useing the bath room in both ways someone told me that i could have a whole in my colon thats where the leakage coming from..someone help me understand whats going on i cant have sex with out hurting also, i gave up trying..

I had bladder surgery almost three years ago. I had excruciating pain in both my legs that radiated from my hips to my toes. I couldnt sit, walk, lay down, sleep, I really felt if I had to live with that pain I would want to be amputated. This is no joke or exagaration. It felt like my legs were being crushed and it was 24/7. I was referred to nuerologist and she said I had damage to my nerves in my back during my surgery, and said to be thankful I was feeling anything! Really!?! Well it took me a year to recover and it was a painful journey as my nerves began to heal. I couldnt walk and the whole purpose of the surgery was to improve the quality of my life. I have to say I am finally walking, jogging, but I have never stopped having problems in my legs. I dont have excruciating pain but I have alot of "myoclonic" jerks all day long, and they started after I had my surgery. Anyone with similar problems?

I just had the bladder sling surgery a week ago, after reading all these posts, I am a little freaked out, however I am reading that everyone had the mesh sling, I had the natural pig skin sling which the body absorbs better.  My question is, is it normal for swelling in the lower abdomen area where the incisions were made? I feel like I have an extra pouch, also my back has been killing me.  I know its only been a week but was wondering if this is all normal. My Dr. says I can resume all activity (work out, sex etc..) in 8 weeks.  Would love to hear back from someone that had a recent surgery and perhaps that had the pig skin one.

dkalfa83

yes I have back pain. started on my right pelvic bone. radiated to the back of my pelvic bone too. cant get up without pain. cant sleep in bed, cant get comfy at nite in bed. doesn't hurt to walk or sit at all went to ortho today, xrays show no hip issues. he ordered ultrasound of pelvis tomorrow I had hysterectomy and bladder sling 6 yrs ago

I hade the sling in one year I cant walk at time my body is in pain every day my doctors ass me go pain clinic i say with that more money

Ive had several surgeries..uterus removed..then bladder sling..then the ovarian cysts were so bad i had each one removed in separate surguries..Ive had severe pain in my lower left side..came out of the blue 4 months ago and cramping so bad like im getting my period..ive had mri..cat scan..xray..cant find anything they are saying its probably just scar tissue and to just "suck it up" thats what my obgyn said to me yesterday..He was so totally rude to me probably because i got a lawyer to check into the bladder sling..I shouldnt be in this much pain..i dont know what else to do..he said my bladder sling wouldnt be causing problems now because i got it 4 years ago..but this is my body..i know what i feel!!

Please, if you care about yourself at all, DO NOT GO THROUGH WITH THIS SURGERY, NOT MATTER WHAT.
I had the surgery done 5 years ago, constant pain, unable to even go through pelvic exam with doctor, too painful, have to take pain medications for couple of days afterwards. They cannot take it out due to my breathing problems, so I suffer all the time.