I am having the same symptoms as your wife! My abdomen swells so much it feels like I'm going to burst. It makes me look pregnant. I have been going to a well known clinic and they talk to me like it's all in my head and/or they tell me I have a rectovaginal tear and need PT. I do all that and on my last day therapist told me I was healed. Within a month (this past September) I went back to urologist and she tells me the bladder sling is fine and that I have a rectocele. The urologist and colorectal surgeon both told me that my GI doctor needs to get my Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) under control before they can fix the rectocele. This is one of many lies I have been told because they do not want to admit that the bladder sling is causing me all this pain and suffering. I ended up going to a new doctor and the bladder sling is loose. Two weeks following the surgery I felt it pop but was told there's nothing he can do about it, before going to the new doctor, I'd met with a Gyn because I had all this white stuff pouring out of my vagina and I had a cyst at base of clitoris. He tells me it's a part of growing olds and I said whatever. New doctor states I have a bladder prolapse and loose anchor. The urologist at other clinic treated me like I was retarded. I even caught one who changed it from mesh erosion to tissue erosion. I thought doctors are supposed to report complications of these mesh slings! Instead, I have been dealing with nothing but lies. When I learned doctors notes had been changed and they have one excuse after another as to why I have to continue going through this pain and it's just a merry-go-round of deceit and my insurance paying them. I don't trust this urologist any more. I knew I had a bladder prolapse but she wouldn't acknowledge this fact. I hate the label of IBS because for me it's like being slapped in the face when they say "it's JUST IBS".... So I convinced my GI doctor to do a CT scan to see if I had diverticulitis and that's been confirmed now. Also the Gyn dr said there was nothing wrong with my vagina even though I have been going through excruciating pain. The new doctor did a biopsy on vagina today cuz he says it looks like squamous cell carcinoma!!!! Now I'm terrified of the urologist for all these lies and making me look like I'm just overreacting. Tell your wife to find another doctor who will really listen to her and not cause her to think she's losing her mind. Those doctors want her to feel that way so she doesn't pursue it any further. These kind of doctors are dangerous and could cause us to die over stupidity and that mentality of "covering their butts" find her another doctor

Ummmm doesn't sound to me like they recovered. Did you read a word they wrote?

I had a ladder sling and hysterectomy at the same time in June of 2013 since then I have had pain on the right side of my abdomen that has increasiingle gotten worse. I have ha store ultrasounds and have been told that I'm just healing and to take motrin because they hVent found any Reason for the pain. To say I. Frustrated is an understatement. Sex is almost non existant. I need help  Asap

I had a bladder sling put in April 2012.  Afterwards, I kept having pain in my lower abdominal area.  Constant.  Like a squeezing, tightening, sharo pain.  I went to the doctor numerous times.  I was told....menapause, gas, you ate something, etc.  Let me say...in Dec 1995 I had a complete hysterectomy, so I knew nothing was there to cause pain, i.e. ovaries, etc.  The doctors even referred me to "see someone" because I kept complaining so much.  I finally just stopped complaining.  June 2013 I had intense pelvic pain.  My husband brought me to the ER.  I woke up in ICU, where I spent the next 3 1/2 weeks.  It seems I had a bowel obstruction caused by scarring & 13" of my small intestines had to be removed.  I do not know if this was caused by the mesh sling...the doctor is hesitant to say, although she did say that it is one of the complications of mesh implants.  Before the mesh implant, I had no problems other than occasional leakage.  I seem now to have continuing leakage & peeing every 1-2 hours.  I get up 2-3 times a night.  Sex with my husband?  Uh, what is that?  Been so long!  Still having pain & the doctor said probably more scarring & she is hesitant to operate again because it could produce more scarring.  So, I don't know what I am going to do.

I know the feeling have pain at the same spot when trying to have intercourse have only tried twice in 6 years my obgyn told me I was probably dry from going thru the change but it wasn't like that before the surgery and its the same spot it is so painful I will not even attempt it again and both sides of my butt cheeks hurt when I sit and it is getting worse need to find a dr. to help me good luck:) marylou

I had the sling procedure in 2008 and have off and on symptoms over the years. Now in 2015 I'm having exactly the same problem as Angie. In the morning I look somewhat normal (fatty belly) but by noon I look 8 months pregnant. I had severe constipation several weeks ago. I happened to have my annual GYN check up just as the constipation was starting. She did an internal ultra sound and my ovaries were fine. 2 weeks later I'm having lower abdominal pain & lower back pain. Constipation has improved with fiber mixes. I read on another site that the sling issues can cause difficulty with bowel movements which I have not read before. Everything I've read about removal is not something I feel is necessary for my random flare ups but I do have one of the defective slings that all the lawsuits are talking about. We never know what is best when opting for surgery but I would much rather pee my pants when I laugh, cough or sneeze than to go through this! If you are considering it - DO NOT HAVE THE SLING INSTALLED

Your post seems to be scolding us rather than adding help. We are not stupid and I, like many read about the sling - as it was reported THEN. In 2008 there was no 'recall' on the one I have. There was not that much information available. My 2 doctors (GYN & URO) are both highly qualified & well noted in their field. I trusted all the information.

I know this is old, but I hope it can help someone. I highly recommend Dr. Amanda White in Austin. She is a uro gynecologist who helped me get significant pain reduction after my botched TVT sling. She found that the original surgeon has left a 2 mm long wrinkle in the mesh. For anyone considering this surgery: Do not get it! It is definitely not worth it just to prevent incontinence. If you really need to do something because of repeated infections, I would strongly advise you to see if you can find a doctor who can do the sling with a laparoscopic technique. If you can leave the mesh sling out of it, all the better. Do not let them go in vaginally! The problems I had were minor compared to what a lot of women experience, and it still ruined my sex life with my husband, caused a great deal of pain, and is still a nuisance 5 years later.

what lawyer did you get I've had my bladder sling for 7 years and it has eroded into my vaginal wall my back is killing me all the time I'm in pain all the time

I also had a total hysterectomy in 2008 . Then I had a bladder sling and bowel operation in January of last year . I have had so many problems since . Constant pain, can't have intercourse due to so much pain . I also have pain through my back and upper thighs and lower abdominal area. I also feel a pressure and a weird feeling when I walk or put my legs together like a ball or something is between them on the inside .. Also I still continue to leak and urinate when I cough,sneeze, laugh etc... My big concern is an unexpected and unexplainable bleeding . I have not seen a gyno for a little over a year as they all seem to be retiring or moving out of our area . Not sure what to think now after reading all these aweful things happening to all of you . But glad to know it's not only me having these same problems .

Don't have that surgery you will regret it big time ...

I had mesh surgery in June 2013. While still in hospital I had severe tailbone pain and could not sit for at least 2 weeks. Dr said he had not had that from any other patients. I also started having hip pain. My husband also started telling me he felt stitches when we had sex. I also had pain. In Sept 2014 the Dr did revision and clipped off some exposed mesh. About six weeks later I went back, still having pain. He said I had a spot not healing. He cauterized it with some kind of medicine and said come back in a year. Well during all this time I have been going to doctors trying to figure out severe hip, and now leg pain. I have had to sleep in recliner since surgery, can't lay flat because of the hip and leg pain. Still have pain having sex and bleeding. Went back to Dr about three weeks ago and he says I'm still not healed! He said sometimes because of age it takes a long time. I like this Dr but am beginning to think he's making excuses! He says it's not the mesh causing problems. I ask him could this be why the hip and leg pain and he said he has n't heard of this. I have started researching about it and I am seeing complaints like this after mesh. When I had my surgery Dr told me it was the old mesh that was causing problems and he was using a new mesh. I have had the injections in my hip and back which have not helped the pain, been to a spine Neuro Dr which says it's not from back, a chiropractor and now a rheumatologist and can not find the cause of pain. There is no inflammation in blood test. I feel like it's nerve pain. Have you got any answers as to what to do yet? I am thinking about a second opinion from a different gynecologist. I was told a lawsuit would not effect the Dr , just the manufacturers of mesh, but my Dr does not seem to want to blame the mesh. I truly wish I had not had the surgery, I have been in pain since I had it. Not only physically, but mentally. I cannot barely get out of the floor if I get down to do something, and the hip and leg pain is so bad. I was very active before the surgery, but health has went downhill the last 2 years since the surgery. I am only 54 and should not be in this shape yet!

I had my surgery in 2009. I still have a small leak which I have to wear pads. I went to a urologist and he said that my pelvic floor muscles are weak that is why I am having the leak. About 3 months ago I started having bad menstral cramps. I had a hysterectomy so I know it's not menstral cramps but it feels like it. In the last 3 months I have had a cat scan with die, a colonoscopy, and a transvaginal ultrasound and nothing is showing up. I went to a urologist and he did a bladder scope and said my bladder looks good and no protrusion from the sling. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do.

I had a bladder sling Inplant in 2001, was in horrible pain for over 14yrs, I has bladder infections all the time I felt my insides like they were pinching me... I was always in lots of pain. Last July I had my sling removed because my urologist said it was too tight and all my insides needed repair. He repaired all my urethra which was damaged. All my bladder are had scar tissue he had to remove. He said it was horrible in there. After surgery I continued with the incontinence . In may I had another surgery to impact another sling. I'm having problems with this one too. Abdominal cramps I feel a lot of backache. I'm going out of my mind

I think that is what my problem is. Nerve damage. Plus obstruction of the urethra. I'm getting mine removed in July and I'm scared to death. I never asked for the bladder sling and told the Dr. that I didn't want anything like that because of all the bad things you hear about them. Well, after 3 months of pain after my Anterior/Posterior repair, I got my records and she had put a sling.........now, my life has been ruined.