I am doctor. Let me see how I can help you. Can you please give more detail related to your pain. What is the factor initiate the pain? Duration. Frequency...

Hi I'm Wendy. I had surgery 8 years ago. I am 34. I'm urinating whenever I want and just kinda out of control emotionally. Again, they sent me to a pain clinic and wish to do further surgery. I'm upset, not sure if I should switch doctors or stay and do another surgery. I feel "weird" and in pain. He wants to do a "U" shaped sling out of mesh. Scared and confused.

Hi Wendy, There are millions of people out there suffering from the same problem like your are having. Mesh surgery is meant for that. Surgery may have their role in managing this problem but it should always be keep as the last option. Even the surgeon would advice you to explore available conservative method first before surgery because there are thousand medico legal case due relate to complications after the mesh surgery.
What your are suffering is result of weakness of pelvic floor support (PFD). Defecation even without so called constipation is one of the factors gradually weakening your pelvic floor support further. How to have a long term solution for this without side effect of medication or the risk of surgery should be the answer most suitable for you right now.
Please read the following article carefully, after which you will have better idea what is good for you:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Gerontology.+2001+Mar-Apr%3B47(2)%3A72-6.

my name is mr.george williams contact me i will teach you some thing about your problem how to manage it

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I don't know where you are, but there is a doctor named Carl Zimmerman who was able to give me some relief. He is at Vanderbilt. Sadly, I've been dealing with this since 2008 and it doesn't get better. Get an attorney and notify FDA.gov to file a complaint so that they will stop allowing it.

yes Marilyn i do and it feels so weird

I too had the sling surgery the later part of 2010.  Within the first five months I told my surgeon that when I have intercource not just my toes what to curl under.  It is also my feet and muscles spasms so bad down both legs.  So of cource, we have to stop and work on trying to get my body to calm down.  My surgeon gave me a RX for Valium so my body would relax more during sex.  It help to calm me down to were I wasn't as afraid try sex again since that it something my partner both enjoyed extremely.  Well,  just say I have taken the path of letting that part of my life go and now that has been over three years.  Also, the way I walk can only be a third of the stride of what I was use to walking and 85 to 90% of the time I walk with a staff because I never know when the pain is going to be so over whelming to where I can hardly stand.  

My surgeon moved within months after my surgery to another state so I finally told my primary care doctor that I wasn't suicidle but I no longer wanted to be in this body.  She did have me put in the hospital and they found a couple of cysts at the lower base of my spine.  However, my artho. doctor said that would cause some pain but the cysts wouldn't cause this much pain.  He told me that I have been given pain medicine to hush me up but he feels there is something else that is causing all these problems.  The problem here is that there are very few doctors that are going to say anything negative about one of there so called own.  Especially, if they are all connected to the same cooperations or should I say hospitals.  

Now I have dealt with many types of pain during my life and I can handle a lot since I am someone that made the descision for my daughter to be born at home.  So I know what natural childbirth is like and I would rather give birth to triplets at home then to continue to go through this everyday.  Yes!! it is everyday and I am very thankful when I have a few hours of feeling normal.  Years ago I was studing to be an herbalist and still to this day I don't like taking medicine.  However, in order to just take the edge off of the pain now I have to take four percocet 10 four times in 24 hours or I cann't walk. 

Thank God for my artho. doctor who did a DNA test on me and it showed why the percocets were only taking the edge off.  My body doesn't breakdown that form medication so now I have to add another doctor to my list.  He can order the test but he won't write the RX nor will my PC doctor for fear of being reviewed by the DEA because anyone taking stronger pain medication is being ordered to go to a pain so called specialist.  Now my wonderful surgeon has moved back and I showed him the DNA report and he said he would be glad to write the RX for me; however, that would mean that I would have to drive one hour there and an hour back plus an hour or two in his office.  That is a lot of as of someone that is in so much pain!!!!!! Yes! I am willing to try this other medication because at this point if I have to make a descision between quality or quanity of life I will take quality.

I can see why some have ended their own lives and NO I don't judge them for what they have done because I do understand a lot of what they have gone through.

Now I am sure there are a lot of people that are doing fine with the sling.  However, the small percentage of us are in living HELL!!!    Most of my life has been taken from me but one thing this cann't take from me is being able to Love.  Now don't get the two mixed up.  Love making is gone, gone, gone.  However, I have to stay focused on my children that are grown and my grandchildren.  Now this is a kicker, if I hold a little baby for just a few moments I will pay for it with pain.  That is pain I will take because I so dearly love children.  

From all this pain I now have so much anger so this is one of the postive ways to let some of it go because I am normally a very postive light hearted person.  Not just me; we can only take so much pain.

Had bladder sling 10 yrs ago. did great. about a wk ago I stepped up my exercise routine with cross training and faster running, now I have a burning ripping feeling in lower pelvis. Feels like stitches or something is pulling in there when I step up with my right leg. What did I do?

I have had bladder sling, a few years ago, I have pain more in my right hip, very painful intercourse with my husband. Several infections, pain when sitting to long. I had to visit my GYN a few times/year..

Did you every figure out what was going on? I have had the bad groin pain, and shoots down inner thigh since the surgery. Just wants to give me meds. I am postOp since Oct 2013. I wish I never had the surgery sometimes, I have so much pelvic pressure and groin pain it's driving me insane. I feel like it just needs to be loosened up some. I also have bowel issues now - if I don't stay on Miralax, I am in trouble. :(

Anyone current, let me know if you suffer this way? Did it cause bowel pain. No tests are showing anything but 2.5 cluster cysts which shouldn't be causing this pain.

Hope you were able to get some relief and answers. I feel the same way and it's unreal. Doctor's don't understand and I am not sure mine wants to face the fact that something went wrong. I am so miserable and take nausea medication at times.

I had a total hysterectomy & bladder sling in 2009. My husband and I have had virtually no intercourse since that time due to pain. For the past 2+ years I've had a very sore spot on my vagina that goes from tender to outright bleeding. The sling was unsuccessful in treating my incontinence. No amount of pelvic floor and core excercise has helped. I have to lean over almost double to pee. If I have urgency, I have accidents as I lean over to sit on or straddle a toilet.  I also have difficulty emptying my bladder and have to strain to feel safe to stand and pull up my pants. I'm about to contact a class action attorney. 

I am having so many problems and can't find a doctor to help me. All the doctors and tests say everything is fine and it's not. Had the bladder sling done in 2009 been miserable ever since, uti's. lower pelvic pain, abdominal pain on left side, now I have lower back pain, hurts to walk. now I have a strong smell of urine when I go to the restroom, it is embarrassing. I am at the point where I have considered suicide. I have a law firm and they are really no help, they just want the money. My insurance company (Blue Shield) won't approve me to go to Dr. Raz at UCLA. I am screwed DON'T HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE. If I could go back, I would just use pads..... This screws with your quality of life.

I am so sorry I have the same thing.... my bowel movements are not normal at all, now they say I have IBS, they've put me on antidepressants..... The doctors that I have seen think I am crazy.