I have been reading all of the posts and I can understand what everyone is saying. I had total hyst both ovaries removed and bladder slinging in Jan 2011. I went back to the dr cause the pain of anything rubbing on my stomach hurt for weeks after he said it was nerves that he cut, since then it took time but that problem has gotten better, but he informed me that I am cut from left to right on the outside but he cut me up and down under the skin. I went back thinking the bladder slinging didn't work they did a quick ultra sound and said it was fine. It has now been 1 1/2 years still cant wear anything tight on my stomach or it hurts me, tried to use a douche a couple times now, the pain is awful and then it causes me to bleed. I keep going to the gym hoping to tighten up the muscles and I lost almost 40 lbs thinking the extra weight was extra pressure, but I still hurt. I haven't even attempted sex (my poor husband) but I don't want anyone near there. I keep debating if I should go back to my dr and see if he can help me. I really cant believe I still hurt and I don't think people believe me or understand how it feels. I even feel nausea some days and Im sure it must all be related. Any advice let me know.

My name is Buffie and I had have all of the test done and God, I look like I am pregnant and sex is not my favor thing anymore as I lay in bed in pain which I get up and take pain killer which takes the pain away a little bit. I had many and many doctor appointments which the last one I was in tears because I felt like my doctor thinks I am crazy!!! With all this pain it is hard to run my house hold laying in bed.  My husband is the best but it is killing him that nothing is being found.  I have a disease called Sarcoidosis stage 5 which my doctor says that the is from the medicines but it is not. my bowl moment is not great but there but I am in pain. I am crying out for help!!!!!!!!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had prolapse surgery in January of 2007 and have chronic pain also. Im sorry you are having to go through this. My specialist told me to go to pain dr for trigger point injections. I cry after sex now. How miserable is that. I hope you get some relief. I woul get an attorney. I did.

I would seek an attorney about your problem. I did.

My name is Karen, I been having the same problems, omg! And same as you have wrote, I have my done 2006, and every doctor tell me it my back that causing all the problems. When I set I feel the ball also and I have pain in my back also. Also have problem with going to the bathroom pee and poop, so bad that I want to just cry or die. Have you been able to get any more help?

I had surgery 7 weeks ago, if I could go back I wouldn't have it, I have had a infection, pain and burning and the pain is so back when u have sex or should I say try, I have been married for 35 years, and three kids and I have never had pain like this with sex, I am very worried and unhappy right now with my surgery,

I also have had all the tests.. sonograms etc. Nothing can explain the pain I am feeling in my lower left groin area. As stated in previous posts I feel as though I am crazy. There really is no explanation for me pain. All my tests come back negative. I am going to go to PT for POP to strengthen and loosen the area affected. As for now, I have given up running marathons and lifting anything heavy. The only activity that seems to help is Yoga.

After reading all the stories, I just had the mini-arc bladder sling done a few days ago, I have pain a pinching feeling on the right side in the groin. It worries me after reading all the post about everyone's problems here.
I hope all is temp. and goes away. And With the sex part I love sex and I hope it I don't' lose it. and it isn't painful either.

I too had a Mentor bladder sling in January 2004. It is the one that was recalled in 2005. If it had been a car I would have been notified. This is in my body and has caused me GREAT pain and loss of my sex life. I am now checking into getting it removed but have no guarantee that the pain will go away. Will have to see what all damage has been done when they do the surgery. 9 years and nothing but pain in left side, UTI's, pain in left leg, itching in vaginal area secondary to the constant leaking from bladder. This is just the tip of the ice berg!

What state u in my name is Marvin my wife had that same surgery we hav a lot of Questions and cconcerns please help

I am having no pain but a great deal of bleeding. especially after sex. I am seeing my doctor tuesday. I am so happy with my mesh implant. I dont have to cross my legs when i sneeze anymore. I hope I get my answer tuesday..

I had the bladder sling installed at the same time as my ablation surgery which was four months ago. Since then I've had three UTIs and it feels like my bladder never empties out completely. I have to relax for a bit to get the flow started. Even then it's not a constant stream ... more of a dribble. I've started exercising again and now I'm getting terrible pains in my groin area. I think it's where they anchored the sling. Also, it's very difficult to have an orgasm now. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

I had the same thing and had the mesh removed or some of it removed I am still in pain!!

I'm glad I found these comments about all the problems everyone is having with the bladder sling. I'm glad I'm not alone. I had a complete hysterecomy & bladder tack about 7 years ago. I have had problems with my bladder evey since. Now I am having the lower stomach pain on right side and pelvic pain on my left side. Sometimes it feels like something is pulling inside. The dr. said he didn't think my problem was the mesh. Don't know what else to do. I pray that we all will find our problem and get help!

I had bladder sling lapro thru vaginal wall because by bladder had actually herniated through the vaginal wall in 2010.  I have had no problems with incontinence or pain so far.  I am sorry that all of you are in such terrible pain but it makes me wonder didn't any of you realize what put a sling on your bladder was exactly???  It is a foreign object that you are inserting into your abdominal cavity. Most bodies will reject the material, if it doesn't then it is going to adhere to your abdominal muscle or organs and create scar tissue even adhesions possibly. That is why it is up to you to research before your procedure.  You are the owner of your body, and the decision is entirely yours as to what procedures you do and do not have done.  I researched and decided that this was my best option. I did not like peeing my pants every time I tried to do an activity. Even cheering for my sons football games would cause me to pee.  The only problems  I have experienced was today when I was in the room with my daughter when she was having her MRI - then I started to feel a pressure like pain in my pelvic region. I left the room and the paid has subsided. It feels like very mild cramps now. But I am sure once I lay down and rest it will be fine. Just remember the doctor can tell you what he thinks you should do for your condition but it is up to you to decide if it is right for you. No one can "make" you do anything you dont want to.