yes sereda i will pray for you.  you will need to have this sling removed if you are having problems with it.  where are you located?  i am in texas and where i live there are no urogynedologists and the gynecologists dont know anything about this sling.  you need to ask the doctor in november for a trans-labial ultrasound so they can locate the sling.  it may have moved.  i have the sling and the mesh which is causing me to have uti's a lot. and lots of pain.  i cant stand or sit for long periods of time.  it is awful.  let me know how your visit goes with the doctor. 

hi every one, i have a vaginal hysterectomy last year and they placed a bladder sling. 18 days after my hyst i had a vagianl cuff abcess with sepsis = more surgery and 5 days of IV antibiotics. mutliple er visits because i ketp getting UTI"s , blader and kidney infections along with with kidney stones. my husband and i only had intercourse 3 times after the sling was place beacause it was way too painful.

in july i had surgery to have the sling removed however they could not remove all of it because it had attached to my vaginal wall. my husband and i tried to have intercourse last week and it was still painful and i am still having pain and issues with my bladder and vagina.

had i know how many issues come with a sling i would have opted to go with out one and lived with the leakage. there are more surgeries in my future for this sling and it is not a given that they will fix the issues.

after 10 months of pain and infections and the fact that there is no end in sight i am at my witts end and feeling depressed about not been able to be with my husband and not feeling well.

I have pain too.. my hips are constantly hurting. Parts of the sling have come apart and poke almost out of my skin. Oh my GOD, It moves around an pokes into what else??? I'm a wreck over it. I'm not one to complain about pain.. but now it's my entire body getting effected. I can't sleep well, my hips hurt so bad. I never had this before the surgery and I still have incontinence. I feel 90 and I'm 43! I can't do anything, had to sell my shop, and it's costing me a fortune. I do my best to get though the day and take care of my family. But it's harder and harder every day; Lord help me.

i had bladder sling surgery 2 yrs ago this month. I went back to obgyn three months later saying some thing was wrong, he said oh, you have a uti.In monts following i was at the e.r. 9 times in one year always a uti.I called the obg 6 times in four months they blew me off. finally i went out of state the urologyst said my surgery was a botched one.Now i have been on percocet for six months up to six a day I have to hav e the surgery redone anf the doc thinks the mesh has eroded onto my bladder the pain is dibilitating to the point i have lost my job. This is crazy

vickie, here is a womans email address. i want you to contact her ok? she works with people with this problem. i hope i can get this email address in. _[removed]_. contact her.

It is the nerve damage from the surgery damaging and cutting the pelvic and pudendal nerves to install that sling and the slings impact on those nerves. Gynecologist ignore this when putting in slings.

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS. WHY IS THIS IGNORED? NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NERVE DAMAGE. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS? I'VE NEVER SEEN IN IT IN ANY OF THE RESEARCH. IT MAKES SENSE. THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION. I'M GOING TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS WITH MY DR.

Guest wrote:

angie wrote:

i had bladder sling surgery done in feb of 2007. Since then i have had to have surgery done 4 more times. i have a spot on the right side of my vaginal wall that has caused me a great deal of pain ever since the first surgery. It hurts all the time. I had the mesh on the right side of the sling removed because the doctor i was seeing thought that it was causing the pain, but it was not i was still in pain after the surgery and over a year later i am still in alot of pain. My husband and i did not have sex at all in 2007 because of the pain. We have only tried about 5 times this year and the pain during sex now is worse than it was before and now i have a slight bit of bleeding afterwards. i am at my wits end with this, the doctors i have seen can not find a reason for my pain. i have had all kinds of test and scans done and they cannot find anything so the want me to go to a pain clinic now and learn how to deal with it. i dont know what to do now. :cry:

Hi, I had a sling put on my bladder & I have had a lot of pain but no infection in the bladder. Now every time i urinate it hurts to where I alway & I mean alway come out of the bathroom with red eyes from urinating & pain at the same time. It is painful. I never finish urinating cuz it does not empty complete & I have to return & empty every 1/2 hr. What is going on. Did not find anything wrong with me. Isa :

I had an bladder sling put on my bladder also.back in 10/2007 I would go to the doctors for UTI every month.I had bowel problems, bleeding problems,sleep problems.and so much pain. it hurts to have sex. 2 months ago I met a doctor who really listen to me. so I have had the second surgery, and doing wonderful!! I hope its not too late to talk to a lawyer for pain/suffering. Jen.

Im so glad to see someone else is having this sensation.....I really thought I was loosing my mind!! It feels like a cell phone vibrating softly!!

For about 4 days now, I have the vibrating. It's almost cyclical, every minute or so. It is very annoying and I couldn't figure out where this was coming from. Yesterday it occurred to me that it might be the mesh sling that was put in July of this year (2012).That is why I am doing research on it now.

Joanne wrote:

marilyn henriksen wrote:

I do have a question.  Do any of you, besides the pain of the mesh, ever have a "sensation" that you can feel something coming "loose" in your pubic region, or maybe a vibrating sensation on your pubic area? 

no i have never had that sensation.

I had a mesh sling inserted a year ago, had lots of pain related to it! Finally went to Dr Zimmern, a urologist in Dallas & had that awful sling removed a month ago! Dr Zimmern was a blessing for me! I'm sling free & feel much better!

omg I feel like I'm reading my story same with me and the worse part is not being given any pain meds because the doc says I should'nt still have pain my left side was removed in july of this year and the pain just gets worse and worse!!!!!

vickie,
did you ever contact linda at the email address above? she can help you get in the right direction.
catmandu1949

I am just reading the majority of post here and I too had a bladder sling done after my complete hysterectomy. About a year after that I started have extreme pelvic pain, problems with my bowels to the point where the pain was so bad I would pass out. I went to my doctor that did both of my surgeries and he knew right away that I had adhesion's attaching to my scar tissue from the previous surgeries. I had the laparoscopic surgery done to remove the adhesion's and have been good every since. Now with that being said my doctor did say that more adhesion's were likely to show up and that I could have more issues with them especially after any kind of surgery.  

I hope this helps some if not all of you out there because, I do know how painful it can be.