Doctors prescribe people medication for Money.

Where I live, doctors don't get paid for prescriptions.  I buy my drugs from pharmacists.  Doctors don't get money for writing prescriptions.  I don't think you know what you're talking about.  They get the same amount of money if I go for a consultation, whether I get a prescription or not.  Pharmacists make money from the prescription.

It's entirely possible to withdraw from opioids without seeing a doctor, but for most people, it's entirely unrealistic.

Well, I'm now down to 3mg a day and by Thursday of this week I will go to 2mg.

Sometime next week I do think I can get off of this completely. I do take 4.mg of Xanax a day currently

to help with the tapering. I am not thinking about that yet. Some of the comments are helpful. I just hope that

it goes smooth, but I will take what I need to prevent serious illness.

To clarify - it's going cold turkey off of benzos that can be dangerous and life threatening. You're absolutely correct about PAWS. Having been on Ativan and Klonopin for 15 years, I can attest to at least 8 months of post-acute withdrawal symptoms. I'm also coming off of 4 years of suboxone use.

You also said something that I've been saying for quite a while. It baffles me that some doctors will prescribe (post-rehab) benzos to come down off of opiates/subs. One of the basic tenets of the NA program is not substituting one drug for another. I think way too many people substitute. I did for years and it never worked. I'm even leery of the people that jump on Kratom/Phenibut because you're still not handling life on its on terms.

If you can afford it (time/money/etc), go to a professional addiction counselor and start going to NA meetings. This board is helpful but not usually the source for a great number of people with years of sobriety.

You say you weaned off of suboxone? Can you tell me how that worked out for you because I really need to do that myself? Did you suffer at all???

Not true. They kick in in 30mins and im day 3 off mine was only on them under two weeks. I suppose we r all diffrent but 100% they r fast effective. Thats why u go withdrawimg from ur heroin/methadone..they gve u ur sub,half an hour later ur withdrawels are away...

You were off 3 days when you last wrote this. It's been a week since you posted this. How did you feel on days 4-17? How do you feel now? Did you feel so bad you had to use your drug of choice, or take more Suboxone?

I weaned down off Suboxone too and have just recently quit 3 days ago and so far, it's not as bad as i was thinking it would be. It's depressing and very very uncomfortable, but it can't last forever. Just keep telling yourself you did this to yourself, and that you are tough enough to make it through anything and it will get better. I do feel like sh*t now, but I have been smoking cannabis to help me relax most the day, and to pass out at night and catch some zzzz's. The worse of my pain right now is anxiety, restlessness, and my nose is running non stop and sneezing profusely at times. I think I am going to make it as long as i keep motivated and telling myself i can.

This is just the way it worked for me , I was lucky enough to get away for a month to family's out of state , and for 3 weeks took gababapentin and clonidine , just touched it out !! I've been an addict for 15 years and it was really hard !! Alot of body pain , sweats , etc .. You get it but after about alittle over a month it all subsided , and I felt amazing !! But honestly some people don't have the luxury to just get up and go , but I had nuthing to lose seeing that I just got fired from my job . So figured better now than never !! I've come off subs 2 times n life n found the way to really do it is to just cold turkey it , that's just for myself just because it makes me remember that I never want to withdraw like that ever again !! Good luck !!