Agreed I smoked with my first child he's 2 now and is smarter then a 5 year old so...

When did u quit?

Actually there is... studys have been done and its shown beneficial for baby and mother... California actually gives thc pills to pregnant mothers for.pain and nausea... get facts straight... thc babys come out with better birth weight, and motor skills..

I am six months pregnant and have three kids and I have been addicted to drugs for most of my life. You talk about going to the clinics and getting help...well I have done that too but let me open your eyes to something....these clinics give you pills to get off drugs but really what is the difference in taking drugs off the street and getting them from the doctor?? NOTHING because even if you are getting help from the clinic your baby will be born addicted and still have withdrawl symptoms from the prescriptions from your clinic.... My response on the whole THC issue is that pot is used as medical treatment from doctors in many different states, so how do you have the right to down a pregnant woman for smoking pot and praise women who go get help from the clinic. SO WHY SHOULD THEY TAKE MY BABY AWAY FOR POT THAT CAUSES NO WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS BUT NOT FOR MY PRESCRIPTION PILLS THAT I AM GETTING FROM MY DOCTOR THAT CAUSES MY BABY TO WITHDRAWL.....ANSWER THAT QUESTION PROUD MOMMY OF 3 BOYS....I AM PROUD MOM OF 3 HEALTHY BOYS TOO!

Also smoked the whole time with my son who is not even 2 yet and is as smart as a 5 year old!

Your a penis

I suggest stopping ASAP for the safety of your baby. Be it natural ( there are a lot of plant based supplements you can't take) or pharmaceutical based, when your pregnant there are a lot of things you can't take because it can be passed to the baby and can cause harm. THC is passed along to the baby and could cause complications.
I am currently in a situation where one of my best friends smoked pot periodically throughout her pregnancy. She ended up having her son 2 weeks early, he end up in the nic u with fluid on his lungs (not a complication from the pot) and he would shake uncontrollably at times. The shaking ended up being because he tested positive for THC at birth. Child protective services was called and my friend admitted to smoking while pregnant. A plan of action has been set up to where if my friend has the urge to smoke she needs to call me, as I am her designated support person threw CPS. The CPS case worker will do home visits and the case is active initially for 30 days at which point the worker will make her recommendation. We are in the state of California for those curious. Best of luck to all. I just wanted to give my input as I see a lot of people asking if CPS will take your child away and in the end that will depend on your case, but there goal is not to take your baby away, but your babies health and well being is there top priority.

Did they drug test you, after delivery??

I smoked until 60 days before I gave birth to my daughter. They tested her poop and it came up positive for THC. I talked to her pediatrition and she said that legally she has to send a mandated report to CPS. She said they might call me and they might not. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I live in California.

First off, pot is NOT a drug. 2nd of all. Shut up. She's asking a question and isn't looking for someone to bash her down. Some women have a really hard time during their pregnancy and THC is the SAFEST thing that will help. I smoked a little during my pregancy bcuz I such awful back pain and I could not manage work or my relationship or eat right for my baby. So sometimes it's better than the stress you send to your baby. I hate that we consider weed a drug. It's not a drug. Drugs are synthetically made in a lab by chemists. Weed groes naturally from the ground and when you smoke a little, it calms you, releases pain, makes you laugh, and increases your appitite. So for
mothers who are emotionally pissed off, hurting, vomiting, and sending all kinds of bad hormones to their baby... It's not a bad option. The REALITY is weed is less harmful for you and your baby than the epidural. So shut up and quit judging people you ignorant id**t.

Tylenol and any other pills the Dr prescribe are all drugs you are taking.

I would like to second that..

What state do you live in?

what do you mean the results were "unconfirmed?"

I smoked pot my whole pregnancy with my first son, and he is super smart and healthy!! He is four now. I lived in Washington state, and they never tested me, if they did, they never said anything about it.