I had the same problem with my throat locking up and I was diagnosed with ms and needed a steroid treatments when I first had these problems I throught I had a cold off and on I had a MRI of the brain and neck and that's why my throat was locking up and I could not breath please see a doctor and have a MRI of the brain dr is a neuro dr

hey my name is michael i have the same problem since last year nd dnt kno wats goin so dnt feel left out

I just now read your post...after being woken up twice last night with my throat closing up and being unable to breathe. How scary. How are you??

I have the same type of problem, my throat closes up on me even when I am not eating anything it is also accompanied by hiccups, my doctor said it was because of my accid reflux. this even happends when I don't have accid reflux. I sometimes have to stick my finger in my throat to stop the spasm (throw up) it works but I can't keep doing that. it's so hard that I can't eat anything without having my throat close up on me. I wish I could find the propper help. facebook/Lamont2086

It's back again!  Last year I went around 4 months of dry coughing which was irritating enough in itself but when I went to draw breath my throat would close up and I would end up nearly passing out.  It got so bad that complete strangers would try to give me the Heimlich as they though I had choked on something.  Try pushing them away as the world starts to blur and you feel like your going to pass out, it's really hard!  

I had so many tests done and was prescribed an assortment of steroids, anti inflammatory meds, antihistamines and so on.  I went to 4 different doctors, all of which had no clue.  It finally started easing up over the Winter which makes me believe that it is allergy related.  I have never had hay fever or anything like it and I was checked by more than one doctor which came up negative but now I think the doctors must have missed something.  2 years ago I had surgery for a deviated septum which could have allowed my airway to be exposed to irritants.  I read from one of the other comments that neck damage can cause breathing issues.  I did have a nasty fall and fractured my arm about 16 months ago (before the coughing/breathing episodes happened).  

The only other 'new' illness I have is profuse sweating in warm to hot weather.  My gland have gone into overdrive and I don't know if this is something to do with a hormonal change which could have on other parts of my body (i.e. throat).  I'm and an average 36 year old male. 

The coughing has been consistent for the last 7 days. although the breathing problems havent started yet, last year it built up to them.  I just checked the pollen count for and it is currently high.  

I really hope I find a solution soon.  It got so bad last year that I nearly bought a scalpel and tube to carry with me along with instructions on how to do a tracheotomy.  This may sound extreme but when you have 3-7 serious episodes a day and for the really major ones you feel like it could be your last, it isn't that extreme in my mind!

Thank you so much this really helped me out I thought i was like dying or had sum weird disease haha. but this really helped me out I had alot of the same problems related with anxiety its a really scary thing. But thanks again helped me realize I can take control of it.

I had the same symptoms dry and irritated throat from acid reflux. Based on what I read and found that aloe vera juice, ginger tea, vitamin E capsules help. Aloe juice heals the irritation, ginger reduces inflamation and acid in the stomach aides digestion. Vitamin E article indicates before bed bite on a 2 gel capsules to release the E.. dont swallow the capsule just the E oil..this helps the throat.

Good Luck

i have the same thing and im only 13

i have the same thing im in pain right now like odee and my throat hurts like crazyy i 2 big boubs undermy throat i cant even breath right eat or drink and im only 13

I have compassion for anyone going through this, as I have it too, and it is scary when the throat closes up. It could be allergies for your daughter, and the joint pain could mean,Vitamin B deficiency, or shoulder pain, she needs more vitamin D, for the bones. Try Welches, Grape Juice, works wonders for the bones. Good Luck, hope she is better,poor kid, and you, dear, can get some sleep.

possible sleep apnea?

I had acid reflux bad, stopped all medicine, and had affair up in 3yrs.
Apple cider vinegar 2tbls 6oz water. If your strong drink vinegar straight and then drink water Painful but works almost instantly

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with me. It started with the first three days feeling nausious (almost like morning sickness), the fourth day, I felt like I was coming down with a cold (chills, nausea, tired). Day five, I barely made through the day at work, after work I went straight to bed and slept all night. Day six, I felt so sick....again like a cold, but mainly tired and huge headache. I slept the whole day as well. That evening my throat started feeling wierd, but didn't hurt. Day seven, I woke up feeling better but my throat was closing (no pain). I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with sinutits. I've been taking amox. and using flonase for 4 days now. I feel well, but now my throat started to close again. I'm getting worried. I think I was diagnose with the wrong illness. I'm afraid to go to sleep and stop breathing. I have been through a lot of stress, but can stress really cause the throat to close up?

if they gave you antibiotics they must have told you what it was.. Can you share that with us?

Hi! I just recently started feeling my throat close up for about a month now. I get headaches almost on a daily basis. My left arm from shoulder to elbow hurts spontaneously. But the closing of my throat is scary. I've notice when stressed this happens. Someone please help. I'm scared. Don't know what to do.