yes i have the same thing very scary just last night i was eaten a sweet and my throat closed on me i am off to ENT TOMorrow morning yes its very scary not knowiing wat it is

Was good to read what you wrote. Firstly I realized I am not alone. I too suffer with my throat closing feels like I cant breath. I panic cause I think I am going to die. This happens from time to time when anything goes into my throat, be it a crumb or even liquid. It is scary when it happens. I find I start fighting to breath in and out. I do stress easy and it feels like the muscle closes. This all makes so much sense to me. I am going to "try" and relax when it happens, its so hard, cause panic grips me. Thanks for sharing. Janet

Where can you simply buy stress tabs and muscles relaxants? Give me the names of the products you use and where you bought them. I think I need them.

I was diagnosed with Laryngospasm and have been on Prilosec, which seems to have helped. Whenever I have an episode, I immediately close my mouth and breath through my nose and try to remain calm. This helps reduce the length of the episode. Hope this helps.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I feel like this every night as well i also suffer from asid reflux desise except its like every time I eat I fell that way I also lost my apatite I got to force myself to eat. drink canimle tea That helps me out a lot it's scary when ur throat does that I don't take medicine tho so mines pretty bad but ur not alone w this problem

Try being tested for Sleep apnea

It sounds like you have an Immune Disorder. This happens when you start to become allergic to more and more outside stimuli. Fabric softeners, perfumes, foods, can set it off.

It sounds like you started a new med 6 months ago that is negatively interacting with one of your older rx's? If you are on Metformin check to see if you are experiencing acid lacsidosis episode? I have the same reaction to chile peppers of all types now, even though part of my diet for years? the body changes.

It sounds like yoiu may be suffering from Laryngospasm.

What were your symptoms and how did they figure out that's what it was? Are you still having symptoms? Any feedback you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated I have a loved one who is suffering greatly and I'm afraid we might lose her if something doesn't get done fast. Thank you Victoria

Guys I have been diagnosed with vocal cord dysfunction and Gerd . My throat swells up all the time at night , driving , eating, . I'm scared to eat cause I will gasp for air like I'm choking . It used to happen at night and wake me up but it hasn't in a while . It's gotten gradually worst over the years and I have not had treatment . I do not have good doctors in my area at all . What all of you describing sounds like vocal cord dysfunction which is misdiagnosed often as ashma, alllergies, you have no idea how many times they have epipen me in hospital and it didn't help me at all

I have the same problem. Have GERD plus asthma. I feel like someone is strangling me. I haven't seen a Dr. about this, but I guess I need to. I wonder if I will even wake up in the morning. Hang in there. Surely there must be something that can be done about it. Sue from Columbus

Ialso feel like I can't exhale and throat closing off. I also hear a flapping sound when this happens. It's scary. I'm afraid of me stop breathing. I'm on a bipap machine a.so

Ok so I have a few questions for you. 1. Do you have pectoral excavatum (indent in your chest, a common deformity)? 2. Does it get worse when you exercise or in warm seasons? I ask this because I have exactly what you are talking about. I've had it for 4 years now. I've seen many doctors had all of those tests with zero to no results. Good news and bad news: bad news is that no doctor will figure this out for you, good news is I have currently some theories and lifestyle changes that suck but will help you with this problem. THEORY: this is some new form of reflux but not acid reflux which is cause by having pectoral excavatum which causes your esophagus and lungs to be slightly crushed by you indented chest causing food and acid to reflux as well as give you asthma. LIFESTYLE: stop drinking alcohol, pizza, and chocolate. Alcohol always always always makes it worse and is the hardest to give up. Drink decaf teas such as green, ginger, or chamomile. Ginger almost always helps!! Stay away from caffeine and unnatural sugar. These are tough things to do bit I swear to you it'll help keep you sane! If you find anything else out please let me know or post the answer everywhere you can!!