Well i might give up using the tretinoin as my lips are still getting worse in the middle of my top lip it looks swollen and wrinkly now because there are so many spots there. God this is so frustrating I've been to see 3 doctors 2 of them didn't know what it was and the other just said oh it's normal! Well it sure doesn't look normal!

Do u remember wat triggered u to get fordyce?

Nope just looked in the mirror one day because I had a spot near the side of my mouth and I noticed it. Since then it's done nothing but gotten worse. How about you? Hows it going with the tretinoin?

So I went through and popped about fifteen large and small spots, some right on the surface that were very white and some well below.  I have to say, it helped TREMENDOUSLY!  I no longer have a distinct white spot where before it was very noticeable.  I popped them until all the oil was gone and they bled.  I immediately put a Retinol cream on it and then have been switching up with a salicylic acid cleanse.  Out of the ones I popped, only two have a small brownish, red color the size of a pinhead (scab-like).  I assume this is the blood that remained but you cant see it until youre about 2 inches away and even then it just looks like a small freckle (much better than looking like a fresh cold sore).  Popping them also made them  less noticeable to the touch, so I noticed I never lick my lips any more (was doing it about every five seconds before).

Im keeping my fingers crossed as it has only been a little less than a week.  I understand people have done this and they come back after 1-2 months but you know what, I dont mind spending 30 minutes once a month to pop these if it means they go away temporarily, I would do it in a heartbeat if only lasted a week too.  Best case scenario is that popping them releases all the oil and the retinol/salicylic creams dont allow the glands to produce oil going forward, worst case is I spend 30 minutes each month popping them.

Also, the burts bees seems to help too on the spots that I didnt pop.  I also truly believe that since I popped the ones that were causing me the most trouble, Ive started to worry about them a lot less which means less time looking in the mirror, not stretching my lips at all or poking at them every few hours.  I believe this along with a ton of water and staying away from c**p food has made the other ones less noticeable.  They are still pretty bad and cover a lot of the left right sides of lips but I am tempted to pop these as soon as I see the results popping the other spots

I wish I wouldve taken pictures but I guess if the bad ones comes back, I can document it a lot more.  I will keep everyone updated but at this point, I have been pretty impressed with the results and have since cancelled all my doctor/dermo appts.  I think getting a laser on the remaining spots that are clustered together will be my next option if I am satisfied that the cream can keep the oil from coming back after they are burned off.  Or I will just make visits to the laser lady every two months and chalk it up to maintenance, just like a haircut (a really expensive one).

By the way, I popped them with my fingernails.  I tried a hot needle at first but went to using my fingernails as it worked a lot better and would not cause any damage/scarring in addition to putting a black charred needle causing infection. I could also get a lot more accurate. My lips were pretty red after and a little swollen but nobodoy wouldve have known that is not what my lips looked like. 

So: I'm 28. I was first diagnosed with fordyce at age 18. It didn't ever bother me and no one ever mentioned it b4 until just recently. I had noticed them getting worse over the last 2 years to the point of people noticing it and asking me questions like, hey man what happened to your lip. I booked a dermatology apt in Beverly Hills and the doctor used a machine called "The Elictricator" and zapped the fordyce off my lips. She prescribed me 10,000 IU of vitamin A two times a day for prevention. There is no permanent cure for fordyce and I know they will come back but I will do my best that I know how for prevention like limiting alcohol intake and taking vitamin A. Otherwise, I'll just plan on getting zapped 1-2 times every 6-18 months. I also remain confident in who I am as a person and take pride in my unique personality which really helps mentally. Wishing all success an God bless.

Yeah, even though it's not permanent, I believe laser treatment is the only way to go.  I know people have luck with one thing and other people have luck with another but laser seems to be the only treatment that keeps them away for an extending period.

I had popped the peppered ones on my upper lip almost 5 weeks ago.  They came back after about three weeks at about 50% of what they were.  I applied the acid peel and retinol cream when I remembered but definitely not as much as I should have.  I think if I would have applied regularly, stuck with taking a multi-vitamin, taking a A Vitamin and drinking a ton of water, they would not have been as bad.

Then again, 50% was pretty good, I only noticed one that I wanted to pop again and I didnt do that until yesterday (5 weeks later).  15 seconds of work and its gone for another 5 weeks...

Like I posted before this is only for the peppered spots, I am still contemplating the laser for the areas where its full coverage.  Then again, the full coverage areas are just a lot of the peppered spots close together.

HEY GUYS! Quick intro: my names bee. im 18, female. i just got fordyce today(self/google diagnosed). i think i got it from sharing a lipstick. not too sure. thank you for everone's contribution. its like 4:30am now and i havent slept yet because i am obsessed and terrified. been googling like crazy.

anyways, i actually work in a pharmacy so i do have access to all the infos on the mentioned treatments. im gonna look further into them at work today. right now i have just upped my vitamin intakes and my usual carmex routine. simply because carmex like peels away dry dead skin. for some reason, i thought it might help. anywho shall keep you posted. oh im also on zovirax because i first thought it was a cold sore. i have pretty tip top skin conditions, so this is a first for me and i freaked out. i was on it for just today so far. i think i did have a cold sore because one patch in the corner of my mouth, bottom lip, really tingled. zovirax made it tingle even more and now its all dry, red and flaky. mind you i had this patch for a while and shrugged it off as dry skin. its obviously wasnt. then my small clusters of lumps, (i have three) appeared this morning - then the freak out. off topic, zovirax got the cold sore not my lumps. they got pretty tingly though.

ps. am not gonna look into the more expensive and harsher treatments, only because im 18 with a part time salary. i dont want to harm myself ahaha. but ill suss out the herbal stuff.

Ok, bee. Best of luck. I get emails every time someone posts so let me know if you can't figure it out an ill be happy to share any helpful information I might have

I'm telling you popping them has help me. Read my earlier posts but I had about 15 spots peppered on my lips. Popped them , used the retinol cream and acid, only a few came back that were noticeable and that was over a month later. I took thirty seconds and popped again, done. You will have a tiny scab where it pops and where you irrtated the skin but its better than looking like herpes, and comes off after 2 days

The ones that do bother me are the ones on my lips they are on the front part. and honestly you cant see that THAT well unless you are about to lean in for a kiss. My girlfriend says she doesnt care but it still bothers me i dont want her to have to think about that everytime she goes to kiss me. I dont want a huge red mark on my lip either from picking at them or using my fingernail trick on them unless its actually going to get rid of them.

But ive heard people say that when they get a cold sore they dont come back in that spot.

IF that is true i was thinking why not just cut then away and when i say cut them away i mean DEEP under where they are. (At least as deep as i can). so ive been trying this with the finger nail clippers on the corners of my mouth where you cant see. I pitched a big chunk of skin with them on there and cliped them off. It as fully back to normal now and there are no bumps. after about 2 weeks. so im going to give it some time and i know im under guest but you just have to keep an eye out. 

I hope this works if it does im going to do the front part of my lip and hope that it doesnt scar to badly.

I mean its either that or death. lol i mean seriously i just dont want this to get any worse. 

Has anyone try to wear lip stick? as gay as that may sound I would do it.

And can someone post a quote on the leaser treatment and what it is actually called?

Im so happy im not the only one with this condition..but its hard to know who has them. I know people are not going to be hey i have fordyce spots do you..I sometimes feell that people might think i have a disease or some kind of virus :(..But im just happy thats not true. were i live it gets to cold and my lips dry alot and get whiter and chapted..i also have fordyce spots on my labia of my vagina I sometimez get sad that I know I have them but then I atart being happy knowing its nothing bad..well guys good luck And hope theres a cure fast for this..God bless you everyone!!!!

Hi everyone, I am a 26 year old male, and very healthy in all respects. I have read every post on this forum and I understand what everyone has been going through, as I too have been dealing with fordyce spots on my lips. I have tried several remedies and creams and nothing has worked. Recently I went to a dermatologist for confirmation through my self-diagnosis, and sure enough I have fordyce spots. She prescribed me TAZORAC, which is a cream used to treat severe cases of acne. THIS IS WORKING!!! I have noticed the spots are getting smaller and a few of the spots have disappeared. However, this is a process. You put the cream on morning and night. A few days go by and the cream will harden. Your lips will become chapped, but this is the cream working and slowly eliminating fordyce spots. Then after a few days, you will be able to peel off the dead skin and you will see a difference. It is important that right after you peel off the dead skin, that you put on another layer of Tazorac. The more and more I stay with it, the less and less fordyce spots I will see. Not one person has mentioned this cream but myself. I hope people read this post and do this. I would not wish fordyce spots on my worst enemy, as my social life has suffered enough. I will continue to use Tazorac until my lips are back to normal.

man i help your not lying. are you sure that they are actually gone?

Because i know that when i get my lips really dry that it looks like they are gone but when my lips become more moist again you can see them again

I am not sure that they actually ever go away for good but every time I go to the dermatologist and get them zapped (once a month) they become less and leas noticeable. It has helped a great deal, people aren't noticing them anymore.