Guys just use Natural Pure  allovera I just Started using it And forund a bit Relif

sup haddster...you mentioned u were in the dry harsh weather of tibet.
i was on vacation in cambodia in the summer.. it was winter here in the USA. went i got there it was so HOT. never felt heat like that. anyways i wasnt use lip balm and one day my lips felt real tingly. Sure enough thats when i noticed the fordyce spots. I think there may be a connection with the hot weather?

I was exposed to harsh weather and believe I got EC or chelitis. The lip condition had small dots but nothing really stunning. Then the past two weeks I've seen it go down the drain and be visibly changing. It looks like I have a patch of wax under the skin where the lips connect, but it only shows depending on the angle. This is only on the upper lip.
that came a year and a half later after the exposure to those harsh climate. Another possibility is my sharing a cup of water by mistake with a eastern european friend who seemed to have this affliction.
A third possibility might be linked to contracting HSV2 this December.
All in all not the happiest about the way things are right now, but you gotta keep on keepin' on! Do you have any underlying STDs or had oral contacts with others with this condition? Please update with such details, they help in narrowing down on what we have!

no std, i remember having an oral herpes outbreak when i was 14 but i havent had sex yet at the time. the herpes did not leave any spots. thes white spots appeared when i was 25. im now 31. never kiss any girl with fordyce either.

Here's the one that makes it scary: is it actually transmittable? It appears to be a male condition mostly, focused on the upper lip.
Kobe24 How did it evolve, was it a slow and constant increase or just a few and then suddenly many? For me it was very few for 1.5 yr and then suddenly two weeks ago my lips puffed up and dried and I could feel my lip's shape having changed and something being off. it looked slightly swollen in some spots, where the white spots showed. Haven't had sex in 6 months.
How many relationships have you had and how long and did any GF develop anything? have you kissed any girl in the past 5 years at all?
It seems to happen AFTER one becomes sexually active. If anyone has different experience please post.
Thanks for coping with my OCD'ness mate, I'm in the same boat. trying to make it go forward is all.

haha i know how you feel man..im past the point of frustration already.

o you know wat i forgot to mention, i did kiss a girl while i was out in cambodia. i was drunk in a club and happened to make out wit her. didnt have sex, jus kissing... from wat i remember it was b4 the spots appeared.

Maybe they are transmittable.. but i dont think she gave it to me.
i really think maybe its passed down from our parents?? my parents or family dont have it tho. jus me :(

Gonna try that Natural Pure allovera Ace4tech mentioned above. Like haddster said.. Everyone should post more... Even if your really feeling down. You are not alone and atleast we will have some kind of support group.

o btw..the spots appeared all of a sudden.. they came.. never went away and never got worse. nice size upside down triangle shape right in the middle of my upper lip :(

damn wat happen to the edit button... Since i had these spots i have been slept with 7 girls including my current gf of 9months..the first six were only like 3months each. none of them got the spots.

I've had these spots for 7-8 years now (started to show up in my late 20ies).. I've had CO2 laser treatment on two different occations, with no improvement whatsoever. In fact I'd argue the treatment made it worse, and more widespread. I have so many of these spots now my lips basically look "white". (Look at me from a distance and it seems like I have no lips at all.) Add the fact that "burning" your lips can actually injure them permanently. (Mine now very easily become sore/dry, and I basically have to use lip balm constantly, something I never did prior to this treatment.)

So basically; I would not recommend using CO2 laser to burn these things off..

Good luck everyone, make sure to let us know if you find something that works.. :)

I have had a few spots for a couple of years as far as 2010 but it never was noticeable. Then two months ago - bam. half of my lip swelled up and it now looks as though I have a wax deposit right where the two lips join on my upper lip. Add to that the loss of feeling (I can tell it's not my lip) and I'm rather bummed. And the left side of my lip looks a bit swollen for the past two months. Hurts to hear a friend of yours whisper to another of your friend "what's up with his lip?" or to have a coworker nervously tell you that she can't live without chapstick at lunch. 
Oh and it burns a bit at the corner of my mouth. very dry too! Do you have similar symptoms? 

Right before the major surge in spot numbers (it was never visible of painful before April '12 - I had the smoothest softest lip) I 
1) Started running again after not exercising for a year. Started sweating more for a few weeks.
2) Went to a dentist to get some dental work done. I complained a lot during a procedure that my mouth and lips were feeling extremely dry, having the assistant spray water to help me multiple times. 

I've since tried:

Lotrimin ultra overnight for a week, which somehow provided relief and made my lips feel ok in the morning
Burt's chapstick / nutrition: tasted like watermelon but never really felt like it really helped. I tried for 2 days.
I'm going through some Thuja extract 3 times a day now, for warts but hoping it might do something to my lip too. 

I'm now looking at sample CO2 options if I can't figure something out within a couple more months. Would love to hear from the folks who have positive experiences about this.....but of course I'm guessing they rarely come back if it worked. I'll go see a bonafide dermatologist in July. Go from there, likely ask to try a TCA peel treatment to try to "peel off" my lip.

@QQSauce: Did it burn the skin? how long was the recovery? 
My feeling is that it needs to burn deeper than the superficial layer....

@ Kobe: Got any good derm you'd recommend around LA? Wondering if maybe a plastic surgeon might be a better try...

Much love folks. life. goes. on.

Well I wish I had the same result. May 25 2012 I had this CO2 laser treatment. Completely got rid of the spots for about 2 weeks, but they are back same as before. I give up

I had this done. Got rid of them for 2 weeks... But they ALL came back. I also tried N02 peel... Came back... Considering having a surgeon tattoo my lip... I'd rather it be "offpink" than creamy white.

I saw a Derm who agrees that it's Fordyce for now but says it might be "glandular chelitis"(?) 
He is starting me on Protopic, an immunosupressant, twice daily for a few weeks. He gave me some aquafor to put on when my lips are dry during the day. I asked about TCA peel and he's very reluctant right now, saying TCA will scar my lips (he seems to be in the middle of a lawsuit or something like that - refused to talk about it further) 

I'm worried the protopic will make it spread further, make it show more, do nothing. Oh and it cost $170 for a tube / no generic. 

I noticed these ages ago only slightly so never thought anything of them. Then two weeks ago boom my whole top lip was covered. I dont want my bottom lip doing the same. Im using anti-sebum i know everyone says its a scam but I already bought it so might aswell use it. Also gunna start using blistex coz this sh*t is drying my lips right up. I've read about some people saying they want to kill themselves because of this sh*t (thats crazy right). People have their legs and arms and worse blown off in the war and I bet they don't bit*h as much as some of the people on some of the forums iv'e been on over the past 2 weeks. Gonna try tretinoin soon see if that works at all. Be good to hear back from some1 as all the other threads iv'e seen are years old. Be nice to know what other home remedies everyone has tried. Strange so many people seem to suffer from this but no1 has come up with a cure. The have cures fr everything now adays Acne and so on. Maybe they just haven't been bothered because it's not that big a deal. Anyway start posting back guys. Getting bored posting around these dead forums

well i recieved a tube of tretinoin 0.025%.. gonna start using it tonight. ive used the the .1% it that was way too strong. made my lips dry as hell