^This was mentioned back on page 3 and the guy said its been gone 8 months for him.
I seriously think this is the "CURE" (knocks on wood) that everyone is looking for. Like ive said, my confidence is now at an all time high. The feeling is great. The stress has lifted off my chest and it just feels good to not have fordyce control my life and my emotions.

I've been trying that Blistex Medix stuff during the day and Jojoba oil at night. Now my lips are burning at the corners. Does that mean it's healing or getting worse?! These damn things are driving me nuts. I feel depressed all the time. How is there not a cure for this?! If it's so common are doctors just saying "meh everybody has it" cause no it's not freakin normal!

Hi all,
im not sure but i think there are different causes of fordyce, so some treatments work for some and not for others. Some people say that they noticed it after kissing someone, and some get it for no reason

with me it all started 3 years ago after having unprotected sex with a girl i know, i first noticed 1 small white pinhead sized bump on the head of my penis later there were a couple, i freaked out and went to the doctor and got tested for every std. everything came back negative and the doctor said i was perfectly healthy so i went on with my life. then i started to notice small cell changes around that area. a couple months later i started feeling like there was something in my throat like a small part of a cotton ball, and my tonsils were swollen. i had my tonsils removed but the feeling still remained. slowly i noticed the cell changes in my mouth as well, a few small bumps appeared in my cheeks close to the corners of my lips. then a few fordyce spots appeared in the corners of my lips, a couple days later more appeared as i suspected would. within a few weeks my whole top lip was covered so bad it was white and i would get comments about needing chapstick, i went to the doctor and he didnt know what was going on so i got an appointment with a dermatologist, the soonest i could get an appointment there would be a month. so i researched more online and thought it could be a vitamin deficiency so i started taking a multivitamin. the spots on my lips went down a bit and became a little less noticeable. he told me he couldn't see anything wrong with me and it was all in my head, i was completely normal and assured me that i had noticed a spot on my lip then went on the internet and wanted to have a disease! I about punched him in the face! he showed me in pictures of fordyce in a book about skin conditions and then showed me the door but i wouldn't leave until he did a biopsy. he did one of the bumps in my cheek and one down below, the results came in as pearly penile papules for my penis and negative for fordyce in my cheek. PPP and fordyce are supposedly non contagious so how can it spread like that? i do not think i have PPP, the only thing i can think of is that it is caused by some sort of virus and thats why no one can find a treatment for it, and maybe i got it a different way than most people

Does anyone else have symptoms like this? I have tried almost everything on this thread to get rid of this but nothing works, sometimes the cells will go back to normal for a bit and nothing is noticeable but it only lasts a couple days then comes back. what seems to help the fordyce the most is taking Natures Bounty fish oil in the morning with breakfast(it is 1360mg of fish oil and 950mg of omega-3 according to the bottle) and a multivitamin with dinner and getting a good amount of sleep. it seems to fight it from the inside i have been doing this for about a month and it is less noticeable but not gone

i would recommend trying that, it cant hurt and wont cost alot of money, if it helps let people know! hopefully we can find a cure for whatever causes this! and if anyone knows more information please respond, like many of you i dont want to live with this much longer

jus a quick update...

Almost all the spots that ive removed are still gone. a couple are kinda comming back but its only noticeable if ur like inches from the mirror and strecthing ur lip. So all in all im still very happy. DO NOT GET IMPATIENT!!! let the scab fall off by themselves. The biggest piece i got was a group of about 8-12 that was clustered up into the size of a pencil eraser. That cluster is now gone. I removed it in 3 sessions taking off 2-3 spots at a time. Took about 2wks and they been gone for 1 1/2 months.

Has anyone else tried this? Im interested in hearing others results

and btw ive completley stopped using .1% tretinoin cream. It was way too strong for me. Made my lips so dry i felt like i was gonna have a herpes outbreak. I didnt see any improvements either.

Well i did the lip burning method last night,it was red and raw and today i woke up with a scab thats starting to develop.Im not sure i burned deep enough but this was just a test drive for me.I'll wait for the scab to fall off in as said about a week,and i will report the results to you guys,hope that if its not completely gone then at least its noticibality is minimal.Fingers crossed

Hey Kobe,

How is it going, are they staying away.

I also wanted to know from anyone else around what age did they start occuring. I am 19 and just recently realised these bumps on my genitals are call fordyce spots. I have had them for about 5 years or more and as i read on i heard that you can also have them on your lips and sure enough i do but i dont know how long i have had them, could have been for the full 5 years. i can not notice them in the mirror unless i stretch my lips since there are only a few pepper on my lips. But i was wondering when they started to occur for you and when they started to spread alot. thanks in advance and kobe i would really like to hear if the burning treatment still is holding out since i am preparing for the years to come when i presume they will become noticeable on me.

samm

Ugh. Okay so I went to a dermatologist cept he hardly speaks english and he's the only guy in town so it was kinda hard to communicate but in the end he wrote me a prescription for retinol A cream. I think it's something like 0.1% which may be too strong I think. I've been putting it on every night and was first using a lip balm during the day to counteract the drying but I think perhaps that was keeping the creme from doing its job so I stopped the balm and well now my lips are sooooo dry and sore. I don't know what to do and I'm worried my lips will never be the same :-(

Hey samm,

Yea most of the spots are still gone. like 1 or 2 came back because i didnt go deep enough. I got a lil tiny scar because on one of them i forcefully ripped the scab off. Its no biggie but i strongly recommend you let them fall off by themselves. Anyways im still very happy with the results. It started 5 years ago when i went to asia. It was so hot over there and at the time i never wore any chapstick. One day when i got back to our hotel i noticed them on my lip. When i went to the derm a couple of months ago she told me the sun plays a big role in fordyce appearing and said to use a spf15 lotion at all times especially out in the sun. Since you have only peppered spots im sure this method would work very well for you.

and for the person above. Retinol A is pretty much the same as tretinoin. They are acne meds used to dry up the skin and close the pores. 0.1% is way to strong for me. i would start with .025%. I highly doubt it will work tho. It didnt for me anyways and i was using .1% for 6 months till my lips couldnt handle it anymore.

Still waiting to hear results from you guys/girls

I too suffer from these spots, for approximately a year or two. These spots are located on the middle of my upper lip. I've been following this topic for quite a while now, and tried a few method discussed here. Blistex never worked for me. I tried putting toothpaste on my lip overnight, this will irritate my lip and cause it to peel, and during the healing process, the spots become less visible but come back in a week or so.

I went to a dermatologist a few days ago, and she gave me a few boxes of Tretin-x sample, 0.025%. The 0.025% doesn't dry out my lips, and so far after three days of applying it on the lip, the spots became more visible (maybe just me). I will give it a few more days before I call it quit and just give up...

hey kobe24,

i tired your method but I may need more detail. After i used the heated needle, blood popped out which i quickly wiped off with a tissue. However, the "white" spot (pore I assuming) was still there. Did you remove the entire pore before using the paperclip? I'm assuming I did not remove the first layer. Am i correct?

I begun heating up the paper clip and branding myself. However, there was some silver like material, which came off the paperclip. Did you shave down the paperclip before heating it up?

I also want to thank you for your active involvement.

Hey Kobe24,

I've been reading the forum quite a bit and found your postings most insightful in regards to getting rid of Fordyce Spots on the lips. I'm a 22 year old guy and It's only been recent that I noticed these on my upper lip. I'm kind of confused about the process you listed as a clothing pin is made of wood so I'm kind of confused how that would work with burning your lip or maybe you're referring to a metal one. Also do you think rather than use a paper clip maybe just a pin you use to pin things up on the wall would be good (or maybe that is too small)? Hopefully you'll provide an update and also get back to me in regards to more detail as to what it is you do to remove them. It's mainly the clothes pin I'm confused about. I'm also available via email or something if you wanna send the information to me that way - just send me a PM or something either way doesn't matter but I really want to try this. XD

sorry guys when i said clothes pin i really meant safety pin. ^^ok heat up the safety pin and press on top on the spot. the heat should mealt the top layer and expose the white spot. take heat the paper clip and brand ur self. i dont know how you drew blood. sounds like you poked yourself too hard. with the heated saftey pin jus gently pressin on the lip would remove the top layer

hi guys. feels like ive followed this thread for over a year (since it was a different thread in this forum). i just want to say, i have what any derm would classify as a severe and obvious fordyce diagnosis. the spots i have number in the hundreds on my upper lip, and ive had them for 10 years (im 24). its beginning to spread to my lower lip. in the 10 years since diagnosis ive been in 4 long term relationships. i work in sales, (car, motorcycle, rv, boat, timeshare, cell phone, computer, etc). my life is working with people, up close and personal. i like to go out on the town, eat dinner at fine restaurants, dance in night clubs, take road trips, any try anything new and exciting. its safe to say that ive had close personal interaction with thousands, if not tens of thousands of people. why do i tell you this? because in all of that time, since i discovered a small offwhite cluster of bumps dead center on my upper lip at age 14, not once has anyone mentioned my fordyce. never have i seen anyone recoil in shock or surprise, never have i heard the whispers of ugly, gross or unsightly. ive only mentioned my condition to one person, a girl i was dating. as we drove in my car she showed me a birthmark on her leg. do you have any birthmarks she asked? i explained my fordyce and that i was self conscious of it. "unique is beautiful" she told me, and i never felt the need to bring it up again. i encourage you all to take advantage of the good sensibile advice here, exercise, daily multivitamin, plenty of water, dont smoke, keep lips hydrated with chapstick (preferably with some sun protection.) but i dont recommend it because i think it will cure fordyce. i recommend it because you need to forget about fordyce. PLEASE for the love of god dont start taking searing hot pokers to your lips. PLEASE dont try and burn your lips off with acids peels and acne creams. Do you folks even realize all of those products explicitly say keep them off your mouth? please, just love yourself, love life, if some1 doesnt accept u move on

Kobe, I just have a few spots that bug me and some are on the lipline or Vermillion Border I think is what them call it. They are very small but they really bother me, did it leave any scars on the vermillion border for you or around it?