Hey guys i have Fordyce spots too, i found hope when i saw this forum ,i thought that atlast i will find cure by reading your posts ,now i am really dissapointed ,because i read all 21 pages and i understood that there isnt exact cure for them.I want to say that i train a lot and i drink plenty of water.I dont know how and why but i drink more than 3 litres water every day and i noticed that my lips and throat become dry really fast(it takes like 30 seconds after i drank water).I dont know what is the problem with me , i think i can survive with these suckers on my lip.BUT i have really important question for you ,guys please tell me ,can i disease a girl by kissing her or making sex with her unprotected(or from BJs).Someone told that anyone had fordyce after kissing.Is that true please answer me im really scared ,i really dont want to disease someone innocent with that sh*t.

Hey guys.. I just finished reading every single post, was hoping for some cure, but whatever..

Don't worry people, we will find a cure oneday, soon.. Meanwhile just think of eachother, know that you are not alone in the world.. We all have this problem.. We are all special people.. Lets embrace our difference..

I'm a guy, and for any of the women out there atleast, I would not care if you had fordyce spots, honestly, if anyone would care, they are f*****g idiots..

Also.. Some famous people have it aswell.. Atleast I've noticed it in some movies.. I looked really hard for them, but because of makeup and effects its really hard to tell..

So.. The cure will come.. Soon.. Its 2011 for f**k sake..

Getting dry and thirsty is not a sympton of fordyce spots, try not drinking so much water.. Too much water is not good for you..

Anyway.. lets make this clear.. " YOU CANNOT GET FORDYCE SPOTS FROM ANYONE, EITHER BY KISSING OR ORALSEX "

Its a normal thing that happens to most people in the world.. Some worse then others.. But its a completly normal thing..

im curious what famous people have fordyce spots. any ideas?

Hey everyone,

I just noticed these on my lips last week too. I'm a 20 year old female and it's been really tough for me to deal with them as I just broke up with my bf of 1.5 years.  I'm scared that no one will ever want to kiss me again because my lips aren't beautiful like they used to be. And if my ex ever sees me he'll probably laugh and think well she's never going to get another guy again... 

I know you all say just forget about them and live life, but I'm scared they'll get worse over time. I'm really down about this, and it's been driving me crazy, checking in the bathroom every hour or so to see if they've gotten any better.

I'm trying everything- blistex, tretinon, acne medication... It seems like koebe found the only cure really, which was burning your lips. I'm curious, did that still work? Are they still gone? I know it's been like 2 years since you old posters have posted, but anyway. Would jobaba oil be helpful in making the spots more on the surface so you can burn them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks guys, best of luck.

Hello everyone;

I have noticed fordyce spots in the middle and on the corners of my upper lip a couple of days ago. I am so scared and sad and I really need your help please.

I am a 23 years old female and I have been using lipbalm before ever day before I sleep for about 10 years now (since I was 13 or 14).

I haven't used anything on my lips since I noticed the spots as I  am very scared I'd make them worse. (I don't really believe that using lipbam has led to this as I have read posts by many guys and I don't think they used lipbalm as much as I did.)

I would like to know if my exessive use of lipbalm has led to the appearance of these spots. If so, what can I do to keep my lips healthy and moisturized as they tend to get really dry ?

And will they stay the same or do they tend to spread across the lips? and Should I use Retin -A without prescription or not?

Please please please help me out, I am very scared and sad and I haven't been able to do anything ever since I noticed these annoying spots :(.

Thank you in advance.

hey guys ive been posting my success story on other forums as my way of paying it forward to all of you. i know the frustration and desperation that comes with them. im 24 male and over the last year it seemed to be more noticeable that een friends and family members noticed them and that added to my insecurity. mine were really clustered that even tring to conceal them with lipstick(yeo thats right!) and lip pencil(argh!!!) didnt work. even applied lip gloss which kinda worked for pictures since the camera flash just bounced light off the lips and you wouldnt otice it that much unless you super zoom the camera and you'll see some spots which can be mistaken for shimmer. anyway, so last april 19, 2011 i had my CO2 laser done on my lips under sedation. About a month or less prior my dermatologist and i did a trial session on one spot and it really hurt like crazy and the thought of doing it to the entire lip was just ridiculous. as of my personal count i think i had about 150++ spots on my upper lip, some clustered together making it seem like one big spot & the others scattered. anyway,the process is like cautery of warts, you'll get a scab over the spot after the laser zaps it for about a second or so. also i think im the first one ever to have it done in the philippines. i had to bring it up to my doctor. initially she told me to just let it be but i persisted and told her todo some research on it as i have. i even suggested to her the CO2 laser as my best option and so did her thing, she inspected my lips and we set up the trial session then the final operation date. i had to do some labworks (blood test, ecg test, chest xray,etc) first before being cleared for sedation. anyway to cut to the main part, as of writing almost all the spots are gone except 2 teeny-tiny ones that she may have missed which i just noticed after really staring at my lip and stretching them. I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS!!! and i couldnt be happier with my decision to undergo the operation. after the laser operation my upper lip was encrusted with scabs and wre puffy, like someone punched me on the llp. I was prescribed to apply bactroban ointment for the 1st week after and now i apply a laser cream formulated by the clinic for another week. i will have my follow up consultation this coming tuesday. so after the first 4 days or so, applying ointment was a bittricky since it was really sticky and caused some scabs to prematurely detach from the lip causing some bleeding BUT NO PAIN whatsoever, its just annoying. by the 5th day most of the scabs are gone and my lips just had some shallow puncture marks. i also avoided stretching my lips so i drak with a straw, brushed my teeth carefully-skipped flossing, laughed carefully, etc, but these were just my personal initiatives, my doc didnt tell me to do so. by the end of the first week it smothened out and VOILA--my lips are back to what they were before. my theory is that the spots started to surface after i stopped taking Isotrex (a medicine for acne skin which inhibits sebaceous glands), although fordyce spots would seem to be hereditary also since my mom and sister also have but theirs arent as prominent and noticeable as mine. especiallmy since mine were located right smack in the middle of my upper lip! anyway im really happy and i just wanted to share with all of you that there is hope!!!! ive tried the jojoba and the tretinoin creams and they did nothing!!! you also risk getting chelitis with the tret cream on the lip. guys, if it is really bothersome, i would really suggest CO2 laser and by that i mean your spots are really noticeable, even if your lips arent stretched and even through thick makeup like mine. do some research and consult with a certified and trusted dermatologist. i've read some people say that they have done CO2 laser and it just came back after 2 weeks or so, some even said worse--to that i think they're just pretending and being negative or their doctor may not have done a really good job. i think the key to the laser treatment is really hitting the spot deep into its root to really eradicate it, well thats my theory and i think my doctor was really good although she did miss 2 teeny ones. anyway, if spots do reappear, fingers crossed, i would go through with the operation in a heartbeat! downtime was less than a week and even within that period i was out & about, i just wore a face mask and told the people i was with what happened to me and it was no problem. (i had to explain to them coz the scabs & the occasional  bleeding made it seem like an std or something). so thats it for me, i hope my experience helps at least one of you! never lose hope!!!

I would just like to thank Kobe on behalf of everybody with this condition. Although you have not yet found a cure, you have sussed the scammers and found out what doesn't work. At the very least you have put our anxiety at bay.

All the best,
Charles

is ther any more news about the jojoaba oil or tretnoine?

Guys I have a CURE for fordyde spots on the LIPS(mouth). Read this somewhere else and finally tried and it worked and was easy as pie. Basically you SCRATCH the surface right above the spot, with a sharp object, then with two finger nails sqeeze the fordye spot out. I wondered if it was a cyst or just discoloured flesh, turns out they are small hard lumps that appear to not be connected to the underlying flesh (of the lip) so they pop out just like a normal spot that has a hard centre rather than liquid pus.

I didnt need to cut my lip just weaken the top layer of skin above the spot, I didnt need to sqeeze really hard when you get the sqeeze positioned correctly it pops out easily. I removed two last night with a stanly knife blade and a shaving mirror at my desk with the lamp facing me. You need light and mirror to do it right I think or you cant see where to sqeeze. Did this last night and removed two fordyce spots, I just LIGHTLY pushed the sharp corner of the blade against the edge of the spot and pushed under the spot and across it to scratch the skin right next/above the spot, then sqeeze until little white bit pops out, repeated process for spot next to that one, I have a small slightly red bit on my lip now, no scab and it only bled like a dot of blood when i did it. Your lip WILL swell up right after you do this, use a clean sharp thing to avoid this being worse, wash whole face when you are done, swelling goes in a few hours. BEST BIT you can do this is sat night and no one will know on monday if you heal fast.

I'm only going to remove the obvious ones, and now I know I can I dont need to worry about them. Oh and I chat up girls all the time anyway, with success, they dont care about fordyce spots so neither should you. If someone asks tell them it's normal, it's not a disease so who cares. But you can remove the obvious ones for cosmetic reasons.

Obviously be careful if you try this, you shouldnt be breaking more than the top layer of skin same as removing a normal spot. And you are only scratching not slicing. If you manage to deform yourself then thats your problem. You need steady hands.

I have been scanning this forum for over a year. Mostly when I get really discouraged and sad about these things. I have them on my top lip and it feels like they have taken over my life. It may sound silly to some but it is just un-explainebly life changing. A girl recently showed relative interest in me and I couldn't move on this because I was insecure and afraid she would notice my lip. This has actually happened a couple of times in the past year since these things started happening. I originally went to the Health Department and got cultures and blood test for HPV (Herpes). It of course came back negative. The Dermatologist were more or less stumped. Grazing the idea of what they were seeing but never presenting any sort of help. They actually said they have always been there and I haven't noticed them (Which is BS, I have literally watched them spread).

I don't really know what to do anymore. It took me till my Junior year of college to build up some self confidence. Then boom, it is lower than it has ever been. I don't even want to live like this anymore. I guess it is easy to judge from the outside and say "hey, just go on with your life it's no big deal." But it is to me and honestly if I can't get rid of this and regain my confidence then there is literally no reason to be alive. I don't want to live just to play video games and constantly worry about having to go out into the world that I USED to love. I don't want to live with the curse of realizing how compatible I am with a girl and then it hitting me that I am a mere shell of who I used to be and I will never be able to get her. I simply can't live like this anymore. It is almost funny. A little over a year ago I had these huge hopes for life and how beautiful it was. Now, over something as trivial as this, I am contemplating suicide. I just want to a normal 23 year old funny dude again.

I don't even know who to cry for help to anymore. I just go to class mortified all day, come home and lock my self away. My friends at school actually thought I had died for a short period of time. That is how serious of a shut in I have became. Seeing as people have claimed to have had these things for decades to no avail. It seems that I might just have to kill myself. It sounds ridiculous but I CANT live like this anymore. I f*****g hate the person in the mirror. Not just because of the spots, but because of how weak they have made me. I don't even enjoy life anymore. And it is a shame too. Because when you have confidence and can truly enjoy life, it really is beautiful. I guess I can thank the Universe for that year of happiness and accept that I will never truly be happy again.

Hey folks, I have been suffering from this for over a year. I was prescribed steroids cream and it works, but the spots always come back. Over the yr, I realized a trend with my diet. The spots seem to come out most furiously whenever I consume Heath food like fried stuffs and chocolates. I also realize maintaining oral hygiene will help to reduce these spots to a great extent. Nowadays, I try to avoid heaty food and rinse my lips after every meal, or every other few hrs whenever I have access to the basins. It kinda work well for me, so do give it a try. Cheer up folks, there are plenty of problems out there waiting for us to solve, don't get bogged down by these tiny bumps

I have had these for a while, hardly noticeable until a couple of months back. I am 15 and havent even kissed a girl before! I know the feeling, but I always try and think life is just a game, and these spots are just a joke. I even laugh because I just cannot believe how unfortunate I am in life. You may think I am an id**t because I am young and won't listen to my advice, but these things really piss me off at times. But just think of it like this...many of your friends will not care at all about these spots, and many girls won't notice. Don't think of suicide, like I said think of life as a game, play through it and if you don't enjoy it, you will never be coming back to it so don't end it early. Eventually you will realize who the nice guys are in life, who don't judge you from these spots, and start having fun. Yes I am 15, but it is going to be hard for me too, but I am a confident guy and won't lose my personality due to this condition. Hope this helps and keep your head held high, don't let this put you down! :)

hi guys im back..

Well im very sorry to say i still have these spots..i was very pleased with the paper clip method but they always fully came back after a month. im still actively searching for a cure. i jus wanna say to everyone that i went through a depression with this stuff also when they appeared 7 years ago. I never thought i would be with another girl but now ive been with my gf for 8months and im happy. she even asked me n i told her its oil trapped in the lips and she didnt really care. What im trying to say is to us they are the biggest problem but to others its not that big of a deal.

ive pretty much tried every thing ive read on the internet with the exception of co2/laser surgery. im still gonna search for a cure, but in the meantime pls everyone try to enjoy life.

for the guy that did the co2 laser. can you update us...are they permantely gone???