After reading your posts concerning your mom and her "strict" ways, and also realizing that she is probably not going to change them, the only advice i can give you is to just "suck it up" I know it's hard, but until you reach that magic number of the big 1-8, your pretty much under her thumb. Mom's house, mom's rules, yuck..... Just don't get crazy and rebel big time, you will only hurt yourself. Start to put a little money away each week from your paycheck, do what your supposed to do around the house, just go on like it's no big deal. Then when you reach 18, you will be considered an adult and able to do what you want. Just be level headed and don't run away or quit school, see your counselor as often as you can. Your day will come hun, then you can turn and walk away. I know it's hard for you now, but soon enough you'll be have a life of your own with out any restrictions.
I have 3 daughters and 2 sons, all grown now, but they gave me a run for my money. We just want to protect, but not smother. Your mom is cutting you off at the knees, because she can.
Mom is set in her ways and you just have to accept it....for now.

So...I've Been Seeing My Counsler And I Almost Cussed Her Out And Hit Her In The Face. Im Not Going To Go Into Detail, But I Relized That Just Thinking And Discussing About My Mom Makes Me Very Unhappy And Irritable. I Dont Know Whats Up. I Havent Talked Much With My Mom, Only The Occassional Yes Or No To Her Questions But I Havent Really Engaged In Conversation With Her. Thats Been Going On For About 2 Weeks, Maybe A Day Or Two Longer. My Sister Told My Mom To Start Getting Involved In My Life...Like My Health Careers Academy At My School(I Want To Be A Pediatrition Or A NICU Nurse, So I Joined An Academy To Prep Me), Or To Just Play Board Games With Me. I Really Enjoy Playing Games With My Sister. Or To Go Paintballing With Me When I Do Go...My Sister Takes Me To Do That Too. Or Ride My Quads Or Something...Again...My Sister Is The Only One That Takes Me To Do That. My Mom Isnt Involved In My Life...Shes Only There To Scold Me And Provide Cloths, Food, And Shelter. My Sister Is The Mom I Always Wanted...My Mom Blames It On Work And I Take That Into Consideration Since She Does Work From 6AM to 10PM. But On Her Off Days She Doesnt Do Anything And She Could Be Spending Time With Her Daughter Who Wants To Have A Mother Who She Can Be Close With.

I'm sorry to hear about your counselor troubles. I do think its a good thing that you have your sister to spend time with and to socialize with. Although, it would be nice to spend time with your mom..like you said, she does work long hours, she's probably just soo exhausted and possibly frustrated from work that she takes most of her anger out on you! I would tell to consider taking some time off of work if she can and spend some time with you and ONLY you. Maybe/Hopefully that will help to ease her from being soo strict with you. I do hope that things can get better between the both of you somehow! :-)

Yeah, Im Just Going To Stop Seeing My Counsler. And My Mom Is Taking The Week Of The 14th Off So Me And Her Can Go Shopping. (Even Though I Hate Shopping)(Yeah, I Know, Im Like...The Only Girl In The Whole World That You Have To Drag Into The Mall!) But Im Hoping That I Dont Get Embaressed In The Mall....Again. My Choice Of Clothes Is WAAYY Diffrent From Hers And We Do Get Into Little Disagreement Fights And She Usually Ends Up Winning But I Think Shes Loosening Up. She Let Me Have My First Black Shirt About 2 Days Ago. :-D It Was A Complete Shocker. I Think She Is Realizing That Im Making Her Mad Just For The Attention And Shes Trying To Make An Effort To Spend Time With Me. I Dont Know How Long Its Going To Last But I'll Treasure It For As Long As It Does.

Ohh..And She Let Me Talk On The Phone...To A Boy!!! Even Though It Was Homework Related...It Was Still A MAJOR Step In The Direction Im Walking In.

Sounds like she maybe starting to let up a little bit on you!! :-)

Hopefully, it just gets better from here and you and your mom's relationship will only get better for now on! Good Luck and keep us posted!

SOOOO...Its Been A long Time Since Ive Been On My Laptop. But, My Moms Boyfriend Came Out To Our House For A Visit And Hes Still Here And That Has Its Ups And Downs. Like...My Mom Yells At Me More To Show Off For Her Boyfriend And At The Same Time Shes Letting Me Go Do More Stuff Because She Wants Some Alone Time With Him. Ive Only Been Out Once But Thats Super Bigg!!! And I Only Went Around The Corner To My Friends House. But Still...I Was Probably The Happiest Person In The World To Get Away From My Mom. So Things Are Going Alittle Bit Smoother. But I Still Do Things That Make My Mom Mad, On Purpose. Like...My Mom Bought Some Oreos And I Decided To Take It Apart And Lick The Frosting Stuff Inside And Stick It On The Wall...Hahahha. I Thought It Was Funny Because It Actually Stuck. But She Wasnt To Thrilled, Sooo, Of Course I Got A Verbal Beatdown From Her. But It Seems Now That I Dont Even Care When Shes Yelling At Me Since Im So Used To It. And I Tend To Laugh At Some Of The Stuff She Says And That Leads To Even More "Talking To".

Anyways, Its Christmas Break And Ive Been On The Computer On My Myspace And My Mom Keeps Getting Pissed Of When I Say Im Talking To Somebody, Even If Its A Girl! =/ I Can Understand If It Was A Boy, C'mon! I Dont Talki To Strangers, Stranger Danger! Hahaha. Its The Only Thing I Have To Stay In Contact With My Friends.

Celebrity
Iv been following your topis from the start.
I was really worried about you in the beggining. But now reading your reports, i feel your a very sensible mature young lady. :-)

You have a strick life style but you now why an understand how you mum is.

Its good that you have been out an been let to do stuff, even if only a little.

The one thing i realise now from reading your last post, is how children get use to being shouted at an in time it has no affect. Also how even tho you know you will get in trouble for doing stuff to annoy your mum, you do it anyway.
Your enjoying doing things to get the reaction from your mum.

Do you feel this is the only way now to get any attention from your mum?

I work in a school. I come across children who do not respond to being told off. You have just re inforced what we suspected.

Its no good telling them off, because thats what happens at home ALL THE TIME.

Thank you. I will carry on watching you topic xx

In A Way, Yes, I Do Seek Attention From My Mom In All The Bad Ways. Its Like...When I Do Something Good, Like: Clean The House, Or Wash The Cars, Or Actually Make Me Bad Every Once In A While, I Dont Get The "Praise" I Want, She Might Say "Thanks" But Thats It, I Feel The Need For More Attention. And Thats Why I Do It.

Mr/Ms CaroleL. You Are A Teacher, But I Dont Act Out In School....Anymore. I Used To In Elementry. I Was Suspended, Expelled, I Was Always In Detention For Stupid Stuff...Then Middle School Came Around And I Didnt Act Out Hardly Ever. Then High School, Im Feeling Bolder And I Have Told Off Some Teachers And Got In Their Face, I Know When Its Too Much But The Attention I Get Makes Me Feel Like Someone Cares.....My Mom Cares......ALOT! But Alot To The Point Where I Wanna Pull My Hair Out And Run Away.

For The Past Week Ive Been At My Sisters House, It Like My Safe House.
I Cant Do Whatever I Want Over Here. I Took My Dogs For A Walk Around The Block And Down These Street Until I Was Lost. I Felt Sooo Free. (: It Was Like Paradise....In California.

Glad to hear thing are starting to get a little bit better for you! :-D

I think that as some time goes by and you get older that she will gradually start letting off on you more and more.

ILoveMorgan it's been a few months since you've posted. This thread really touched me and I want to know how you're doing because it sounds like you were going through a tough time back then. How are you doing now?

Ok. First off let me say that you are VERY mature and well spoken for your age. Obviously youre a smart kid. I had a mom like yours once. Im 23 now. At 16 I had my first daughter. (being rebelious like you) :-) My mom backed off after the HUGE change brought on by me having a baby. Now Im NOT saying go have a baby. PLEASE DONT. What Im saying is maybe your mom will let up if she sees a HUGE change in you. Play the game. Do what she says for a while. Dont be a rebel. She says no tv then go to your room and draw. Dont give her ANY problems for a few weeks. See what happens. As a parent, Im willing to bet she will look at that as a sign of maturity. She might chill out a little if she feels like youre mature enough to deal with the "real world" I know how she feels. I also know how you feel. Ive been on both ends. You have two older siblings right? Youre her last baby. She doesnt want to let go. Shes also making up for EVERY SINGLE mistake she made raising the first two. If she let one go to the movies and they kissed a boy on the way home then she just wont let you go at all to make sure you dont grow up on her. She wants her babies back. As does every mom. Shes not loopy shes just stuck looking at you as a two year old. You have a hard road ahead of you proving that youre able to cope with life without her. I know you can do this. Just take it day by day and remember that arguing and defying her is only going to make it worse. Try writing or drawing to help you feel better. Good luck to you kiddo. Oh and finish school with the straight A's I know you can get. Its one of the most important things you can do for yourself.

I Honestly Thought People Had Forgot About Me And My Problems Until I Checked My Email. It Does My Heart Good To See That You Guys Show You Care Through Your Comments. Thank You.

So, So Far I've Been Doing Better. Theres Not That Many Problems With My Mom. I Still Get Into Trouble With Her About Certain Things But Overall Its Turning Out Well. I Only See My Mom On Fridays Now, Which I Better For Me Because I Will Leave Back To My Sister's House On Saturday And Have 6 Days To Cool Off, If I Need To. My Sister Doesn't Mind Me Staying At Her House Either Because I Do The Cleaning And Wash, So Shes Pretty Grateful.

At The Moment I Am In Trouble With My Mom. I Wasn't Doing So Well In My Biology Class And I Ended Up Getting A D+, Which For My Mom...Is Failing. I'm Not Trying To Make Up Excuses Or Anything But The Teacher I Had Did Not Like Me And My Mom Had To Go Up To My School And Give Him A Little "Talking To".

My Mom Took My Ipod, Laptop, And Friend Privileges(Not That I Had Any "Friend Privileges") Away From Me Because Of My Grade. Which Drove Me Practically Insane. After 2 Months Of That She Finally Gave My Ipod Back And Let My Bestfriend Come Over. I Think She Saw That I Wasn't Happy And That Bothered Her Alittle. She Would Come Up To Me And Ask Me What I Wanted To Do That Day Or If She Could Take Me Out To Dinner, Something Along Those Lines. But Everytime She Asked, I Denied. Our Conversation For Those 2 Months Consisted Of "Yes Or No" Questions And Answers.

She Still Yells At Me And I Still Yell Back, But I've Been Doing Better At Keeping My Mouth Shut And Just Agree With What Shes Saying Even When I Know Shes Wrong. Even Though When I'm Quiet She Takes That As "Being A Smart Alec" And I Get A Verbal Beatdown For That Also, I'd Rather Just Not Say Anything And Take My Changes.

Other Than That, Nothing Else Has Changed. I Still Can't Decide What I Wear Or How My Hair Is. I Can't Talk On The Phone Or Go To Friend's Houses, And Since She Took My Laptop, I Have No Contact With Any Of My Friends. I Haven't Been To A Party Or To The Moives And I Can't Go Anywhere Without Family Members.

She Won't Let Me Do Anything For My Birthday, Which Is Tomorrow. I'm Going To Be 16! (: All I Want Is To Get To The Movies With My 2 Bestfriends. But Since I Know Shes Not Going To Let Me, I'll Just Sit In The House Looking At A Wall Or Something. I Would Really Like To Go With My Boyfriend To The Movies But She Doesn't Know About Him And I Don't Plan On Telling Her. She Will Never Know Unless One Of My Sisters Slips Up Or I End Up Spilling The Beans.

But I Thank Every Single Person Who Has Gave Me Advice And Showed Compassion. Its Really Helped Me. You Can Bet My Attitude Will Improve And Lets Just Pray That My Mom Changes Also.

Thank You, Thank You.

Love, ILoveMorgan(:

I'm sorry to hear that your mom is so hard on you and it sounds like she is quite a bit. I do agree with her that getting a D+ isn't that great, but I think that she was probably really hard on you. Do you think it would be worth your time asking your mom if you can do something special for your birthday? I hope that she can stop coming down so hard on you but if not, yeah, unfortunately you gotta just play the game until you leave the house. That's why you have to study hard and make sure you get to a good school. :-)

Yes, I Agree With You, I Know A D+ Is Very Bad. For 11th Grade I Have Easier Classes And I'm Taking All Honors Classes, So Thats Going To Be Good For My Grade.

But For My Birthday My Mom Acted Very Surprisingly Different. She Let My Two Best Friends Come Over AND THEN Dropped All Of Us Off At The Mall To Watch A Movie. (Our Movie Theater Is In Our Mall) And She Even Knew Another Friend Was Meeting Us There. Which Was My Boyfriend. She Didn't Know It Was My Boyfriend But She Did Know It Was A Guy...Which Was Extremely Surprising. I Could See, In Her Face, That She Really Didn't Want Me Going But I Set That Aside And Had Me A Great O' Time. That Was The Most Fun I've Had In A Long While. Even Though I Only Saw A Movie And Went Home Right After, It Was So Much Fun. On Account That I've Never Been Anywhere With No Adults.

She Still Was Harsh And Strict About Some Stuff But She Loosened Up For That Day....But When July 3rd Came Creeping Around The Corner She Was Back To Her Original Self. With The Yelling And Controlling Behaviors. That Whole Day I Stayed Outside Talking To My Neighbor, He Helps Me Cool Down And Stops Me From Getting Too Mad. It Was About 105 Degrees Outside And My Mom Came Outside And Yelled At Me For Wearing Pants. Of Course I Have To Wear What She Wants Me To Wear So I Went Inside And Changed Into A Pair Of Shorts. I Don't Understand Sometimes...Maybe Its Just Because I'm So Young And Shes "Wiser"(Is That A Word Or Should It Be 'More Wise'?)...Anyways, Yes, I Do Not Understand.

Do Mothers Just Automatically Assume That Thier Children Are Going To Go Out And Do All The "Bad Things" This World Has To Offer? My Mom Thinks That If I Have A Boyfriend, I'm Bound To Get Pregnant, If I Hang Out With My Friends, I'm Bound To Do Drugs Or Get Arrested.

We Had This Conversation When I Came Home From The Movies. I Ended Up Crying Because She Was Basically Yelling At Me.

No, this is somewhat abnormal behavior for a parent and I'd say that your mom has some pretty serious control issues that I would even consider to be unusual and even sort of cruel. I'm glad she lightened up for your birthday but one day I feel she will probably really regret her actions. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do at this point especially because it's summer other than to wait until school starts again, but maybe at that point you can talk to a school administrator about what's going on at home? It might not be a bad idea.