My sister is 18 years old and she seems to be very sad because of her face skin. She has pores and acne on her oily skin, which is by the way pretty much dark. I would really like to help her, but I don’t know how. That’s why I want to know if there is any way to make her skin whiter. I mean some cosmetic things, and not esthetic surgery.

I discovered something by accident during these past summers I have been trying different things. I would subject my oily acne-prone skin to intensive cleansing and exfoliation. I wanted to keep the pores clear and ensure a blemish-free complexion. Off course I wanted to get whiter skin too. While everyone was getting tanned, my face seemed to glow like some luminous beacon. Even without foundation, the skin on my face was toned and people commented on how radiant I looked. I attributed this to four brands that cleaned my blemishes and lightened my complexion. Please note that my skin color only dropped to the next lighter foundation shade. From Bobbi Brown "lighter than" beige it changed to perfect sand or L'Oreal's foundation stick natural beige to nude beige, and not the lightest tone. There is limit to how light your skin can get without intense peeling and bleaching. But your sister should go to the pharmacy and ask for her skin type some washing gel which could make her skin whiter and cleaner.