OK, can we chat about this? I've been a liquid foundation girl mostly but I'm interested in seeing what the difference is 'cause I do get an oily T zone sometimes and I've heard that powder foundations can cover well and might be the right thing for me, what with absorbing the extra grease and all that. 

So far I know about Mac Mineralise. What's out there and what do you think is the absolute best powder foundation out there? Especially for a powder foundation newbie, if you know what I mean? I do require full coverage. Tips appreciated guys!

Powder foundation isn't for you if you have really dry skin, and if you want full coverage, you are going to be looking at pressed powders rather than loose ones. 

Estee Lauder's double wear, which is probably the most renowned full coverage foundation, has a powder version too. It isn't as fake looking as the liquid version though, so you may want to test that out. Clinique stay matte is good for people with seriously oily skin, and one I haven't tried or seen someone wear (knowingly at least) but have heard good things about is Kat von D's lock it powder foundation, which is meant to last for a full 24 hours!

Hmmm... I do know what you mean about the oily t-zone. I don't get that so much any more, but I still always follow my liquid foundation up with a loose powder to prevent shinage. There's also Benefit Agent Zero Shine, which if you have a very shiny face in parts, I think you will want to consider because it really does work well. 

As for powder foundations, yeah, I'm not a fan myself so I can't really help you there. I do know that you don't need powder foundation to prevent the shine though, there are other tricks for that. 

Powder foundation is best for people who have normal to slightly oily skin but who don't have too many flaws, like pimples, pigmentation issues, red cheeks, that kind of thing, to cover up. Most powder foundations tend towards the sheer side, more so than liquid ones, and in my personal experience, the full coverage ones make you look too artificial. Technique, which IMO you can best learn by watching people apply it on Youtube, is a bit tricky, so beginners may want to stay away too.

The obvious advantage of powder foundation is that it's more natural. It contains less preservatives and things that may inflame your skin, so with continued use you may notice you actually have less flaws to cover up in the first place.

I have not tried many, but I did want to tell you about a foundation that has really worked well for my oily skin. It is called Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Foundation. This foundation does not make my skin greasier or cause me to break out in pimples, which my skin is prone to do, and it's great for minimizing the appearance of pores. The coverage is also very good, and it just leaves a great effect.

If you would choose only one to try, I can say from experience that Fit Me really works well for oily skin types and it's also not so expensive.

Celebrity

Having extremely dry skin myself, I stay away from powder foundation like the plague. The few times I tried it, let's just say that it did not work out and I never went back again. I do want to say that Sappho Organics has some interesting products that are completely natural with great healing ingredients. I assumed that they had a powder foundation too and looked it up just in case; they do. I even saw it was award winning. 

I find that natural ingredients generally offer your skin the very best. No matter your skin type, they prevent further aggravation. 

Rosie

Hello! I tried many types of foundation. I tried Loreal Paris, and it's pretty good, but basically it all depends on your skin. If you have have sensitive skin, then you should use one of those teenage brands like Essence, or Sporty, anything like that works. If you have normal skin, but not clean and full of acne, then I think Mac foundation is the best.  This mac foundation is really the best, it covers up everything, I'm really happy with it! It can even cover a tattoo! My advice for you is not to use professional foundation, if you're not older than 16.