I am 34 and have been having problems on the right side of my throat I dealt with it as much as I could on my own when my doctor said that they would have to put a scope down inside my throat and possibly laser off/close any open areas that were not normal and were catching food particles. But going on 2 years now and I have developed a geographic tongue and constantly fighting bad breath time for me to go to a ear/ nose/ throat specialist. Hope it goes well and hope things go well for others.

Weird im 18 and ive been getting these for a while i thought they were like a form of hallitosis or something since my breath always stinks but one of my moms friends told me its called a puss postule and just to push on it with my toothbrush, kinda like you all clean them with Q tips except its like popping a zit in the back of ur throat, be careful tho cus once it slid down my throat and i almost threw up thinking about it cus they smelll sooo bad. But my uncle is a microbiology teacher in college and he said its just microbacteria and that you should gargle salt water before u go to sleep and after u eat, and not to drink any frozen drinks or really cold drinks until it goes away. Im gonna see how that goes

Hi I am 18 y/o I got my tonsils removed about 2 months ago, and then after that I noticed my throat starting to hurt again, I looked at the mirror and see what's wrong, I saw a hole besides my throat and it producing mucus like I am worried what this is!

Might I suggest an all metal comedone extractor (like this: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed) as a removal device.

The rounded end means that it doesnt scratch your throat and it loops over any of the 'nuggets' ( as someone called them).

I like the metal one because you can sterilise it or wash it really well easily.

(P.S. I know this isn't normal but I actually enjoy removing them. I'd miss them if they were gone forever!)

I have been dealing with this problem for most of my life I am now 70 years old this problem was only on one side of my throat cheese nuggets would be coming out from a small hole in the back of my throat and yes it smelled horrible and I would removed them with a large paper clip to which I created a small loop at the end and it worked just great. I no-longer have this problem and from what I can conclude is that your ear is connected to your throat ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and since I had problem with my ear for as long as I can remember and since I had some surgery done to help with a constant pain right after that I no-longer had cheese nuggets and it has been more than 2 years since that took place so my conclusion is to go see a ear doctor and have him look for possible on going infections in your ear.

Good luck

Has anyone noticed this being worse after eating dairy products? It seems like if I drink milk or eat dairy, I'm sure to get one.

These only happen to me after I have had a sour stomach

it is thrush

this should help hydroggen peroxide 3% 6% mouthwash read before use use water good for getting rid of the bad smell and bacteria in the mouth and on the tongue it will foam the rinse with water

dead right it's food, you wont' believe it but the best way to get it out is attach a drinking straw to a hoover and suck it out works every time for m,e iv'e told my doctor and he didn't say stop .

Try making a tea with dry sage leaves. Bring two tablespoon dry sage leaves to simmer with 8 ounces of water. Let it sit for 15 minutes covered and cool down, then gargle after you brush your teeth. Make this fresh ever day twice. It really helps with the whites and the mucus feeling in your throat. After the 3rd day you will get considerable relief. Good luck.