I started a Yahoo! Group on pregnancy after ablation:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pregnancy_After_Ablation/

Would love to share information.
-M

i can't explain what a blessing it was to find this website. i had the essure procedure done and then i got the ablation done. well about 6 months after i planed a wedding to the most awesome man i have even met. we so want a baby. i am now married. i have one baby but really want to give him a sister or brother. and my husband has no kids of his own. i feel my family pressured me into get those procedures done. i don't have any period. so i fear there is no chance for me. and in utah we can't have someone carry for us its not legal. and cuz of our age difference we don't have much option for adoption. i found i can get my essure reversed...but the ablations seems to be what's holding me back. my doctor says there is no way. and i feel dumb for letting my family push me into these procedures. if any of you ladies have any answers or suggestions i will forever thankful

To all you ladies out there that wish to have another baby after an ablation maybe it is possible. I live in Australia and am in the process of having a baby by ivf after my ablation we are still waiting on results back from the dr but so far so good. I also had a tubal ligation done back in 2002 and my tubes are blocked so ivf is the only way for me. My dr is sending me for a HYSTEROSCOPY this is to look inside your uterus and make sure there is enough lining to substain a pregnancy this will happen in the next month or so we have long waiting list but if it comes back as good then we can go ahead with ivf I have been told that if your lining is patchy then your chances are very low and the chance of the mother not making are not good when she has the baby just get lots of tests done and get your uterus get for lining and a sample of it done cause its your life your playing god with other wise let you know how it all turns out in a couple of months

momto4xys wrote:

MBgal wrote:

I read that BROMELAIN can help to thicken the uterine lining. I had the ablation procedure done in Dec 07. I started with light pink spotting (on the TP only) in March 08. I started with Bromelain 3 X day (1000mg per dose) NOT with meals in July 08 (it acts as a digestive enzyme if taken with meals, you want it to thicken the lining and combat scar tissue instead). You can only take it the first 2 weeks of your cycle - no more than that. The last 2 months I have had red bleeding for 1/2 day during my cycle which is MUCH improvement. I'm praying that I can conceive again.

MBgal - good information posted, thank you. I am 3 years post ablation. I have contacted a fertility specialist in Southern CA who says that ablations have been successfully reversed using the same treatments as for Asherman's Syndrome. Asherman's is essentially the "accidental" scarring of the uterus, as opposed to the deliberate scarring via an ablation.

I am a 36 yr old and and wanting to have a baby after I had a tubal and ablation. I have had a few transvaginal sono and and my Dr is giving me the green light to try it also Dr. Berger's 109 Conner Drive Suite 2200, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 Call: (919) 968-4656 Fax: (919) 967-8637
does say that ablations can be reversed and, he will still do a tubal and run dye through tubs to make sure they are open. the procedure may be a little costly but it has shown that the process can be reversed. dr bergers also will make payment arrangments. I have allways had a period since my ablation in 2003, abt 2-3 days lite bleeding but it is hope Dr said. I do plan to get my tubal reversal done in a few months. This is hope to anyone that is trying to get pregnat again, they will also do follow up care for you when you are pregnant. Dr Bergers has a great sucess rate of reversing most tubes I hope this helps I will keep in touch thanks ladies!!

angelsnelvis wrote:

I am a 31 year old woman who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in January after an ablation. Yes there are risks and yes I spent time on bedrest and yes she was born early, but she is now almost a year old and very healthy. It happens more than you think. I also keep in touch with another Mom who carried until 36 weeks after an ablation and has a healthy baby. Don't give up hope. My specialist told me it happens more than you think and some do go to term. I wouldn't change a thing it was alll worth it!

Can you tell me more about your specialist?  I am so desperate to have another child, but it has been 3.5 yrs since I had my ablation and I don't even know where to begin. I wish I had never had this done!!! 

Im 33 and I also have had a tubal ligation and an ablation done tubes was 6 years ago and ablation was 3years ago and I was told that was my only option due to my heavy bleeding and my mom had a little to do with it also, but I found a good man that dont have any kids but want some and I also so want another. I don't know where to start to find out if I still have a chance to have another. Someone out there if you can help please respond back

angelsnelvis wrote:

Where is the place you went to. I'm 30 and want another baby and had the ablation done. Please let me know the name and phone number and address.  Nichole

hi !!! i was reading your post and i am just wondering what happened? did you get preagnant?

What a blessing to find this site. I am 36 and desperately wish to have another baby. I had two beautiful children with my first husband but he didn't want anymore...needless to say, he was emotionally abuse and therefore convinced me to get my tubes tied...a year or so later I began having a period that ended up last for 7 months. The doctor tried to convince me to have a hysterectomy but I just couldn't do it. I always heard that tubal ligations could be reversed so I held on to that hope that some day things may change for me. Having a hysterectomy would make my hopes of having another baby impossible...so they had me do the ablation. Never once was I told how difficult this would make having another baby. I had it done two years ago but have never had a period since then. We divorced and I have been seriously seeing a man for a year now and we have talked about getting married and wanting to have a baby of our own. I have started cramping again in the last few months but still no period. I made an appointment to have a vaginal ultrasound but I am so scared to find out it isn't possible. Is there hope for me?

caseyneko wrote:

If things hadn't turned out so well and you had serious complications, premature birth, or a child with a serious physical or mental disability-maybe you wouldn't feel this way. You took a huge risk are lucky. Giving the same hope to people is really putting them at risk. You ignored the warnings given to you before the ablation. You may want to examine how you make serious decisions in the future! :roll: :!: angelsnelvis wrote:

Good for you angelsnelvis! I totally agree. The decision was made not to have another child so much so that some had tubals and ablations. Adopt a child. As my doctor explained to me the uterus becomes a hostile environment after the ablation.

i had an ablation on feb 2012...and i am still bleeding today, at first it was watery blood and now its dark red ...is this normal

Ablation...i have had mennoragia since high school.after having my two girls who are now teenagers I finally had an endometrial ablation in 2010..since then it has been almost two years.the first year no SEX..no Cycle...after I had sex again abput a month or 2 later I began Bleeding again..3-4days bloating cramping the whole nine...now I am considering having one more child and I had questions and was curious...totally glad im not the only woman who feels this way...IVF..sounds doable but I dont think he Would want to do that..so hearing that there is a way to thicken the uterine walk is exciting and gives us Great hope....Thank you for sharing your stories and Encouragement..

I read about the Bromelain to thicken the utereus walls. I dont have any bleeding but I get the bloating< a few months back I had mild spotting, so I am going to take the tablets when my body is starting to pms and see what happens> Had abalation in August 2010 and utereus is at 4 cm. I read that red raspberry leaf tea tones the uterus. I would like to prepare my body to get back to the point i can have a child. We make decisons based on the people we are with and now that life is different it changes our perception of people. I am hoping in 2 years or less things will change.

What did u to to prepare our body for the pregnancy ? What did u do about your lining??