I had an ablation in June 09 and haven't had a period since. I have had a little spotting here and there. I since got divorced and remarried. My new husband and I want a child together. Do you have any suggestions? I had a tubal ligation in 01 and it was reversed in 08 but only one tube was able to be reversed.

I too am interested in having baby #3 after ablation (almost 10 years ago and a tubal).  IVF is an option for me vs. tubal reversal.   I was that small percentage that still got her period after the ablation and my periods have remained quite heavy actually since the ablation (to the point we thought we would do a second ablation).   I thought I was done having children.   I am no longer with my  mentally, physically and abusive X husband (who used to force me to have unprotected sex with him --hence the tubal and ablation, I did not want to bear any more of his childre - we have two teenagers).   I am and have been w/the man of my dreams... he has been in my life for almost 10 years and has stood by my side during some of the darkest times.  I love him more than I have ever loved any man and I am desparate to give him a child.   I have a great relationship w/my GYN, and I have scheduled my check up for next month to discuss this.   Thoughts?

I am 38, I had ablasion 9 years ago and tubal 11 years ago.  To my surprise the desire to have another child has been growing and growing and growing,....untill now my husband and I have sought out IVF counseling, and physician.  I have regular light - moderate periods, every 28 days.  I will keep you posted

I don't know who did your ablations?  I had mine done 5 1/2 years ago and I haven't had a period since!

XDyou give me hope thanks

Any luck with the tubal reversal and ablation issue? I am curious because I was considering go to Dr. Berger to get my tubes untied for a few reasons, but I am skeptical because I have had an ablation done in the past. However, I still have my periods and they are very painful even after the ablation.

Did your doctor recommend the bromelian? I had an ablation an tubal ligation at 22years old. I am 29 now. I have two children but after my divorce I met someone new whom I am soon to marry. I was told by my dr who did the procedure it wouldn't be possible, and told by a tubal reversal center because my periods weren't heavy enough to use pads my lining must be to destroyed. I'm desperate please tell me more about exactly what you did to increase your mental flow. Thank you

I talked to a nurse at Chappell hill an they said they wouldn't reverse my tubal because after my ablation my periods are nt heavy enough to use pads or tampons. They are regular every month an go 4-5 days. I don't understand.

Where did your read the information about bromelain? I would like to do more research! Thanks for posting it!

I am in the same predicament/ state. I had an ablation and tubal but my endometrial lining has increased from a 2.4 to 4.5 from July 2013 to January 2014 and my ob gun says my lining is in great shape to try to conceive again. He referred me to chapel hill tubal reversal center.

What did you do to increase your lining?

I would like to no if I can get pregnant after I have had this ablation, me and my husband are divorced and I have a new partner, we are both 50 and have children to past partners and now want to try to have a baby of our own can this possibly happen for us the ablation was in 2006

i just recently have come to realize that i want another baby and i had this surgery alittle over two years ago and these stories are very helpful i cant wait to go to the doctors and talk to him about all this am so excited and i know i have another healthy baby in me and i cant wait to get started .

hi i was ready, and i got my ablation done , but i still get my period 5 days , before my ablation i would bleed for 10 to 13 days now i get it 5 days ,is that normal, is it suppose to be completely gone ? is it possible to get pregnant.?

When the endometrial layer in a woman's uterus is damaged, the endometrial ablation procedure is performed. In most cases, women who have undergone this procedure are not able to conceive a child. However, it is not with all cases some women still able to conceive even after this procedure, but their ratio is quite less. Even there are treatments like IVF etc. out there that can give a chance to become pregnant, but it’s all depend on doctor, how they evaluate your condition. Many doctors says that pregnancy after this process remain risky for both the mother and the child, however for any condition it’s important to discuss with doctors instead of believing on anyone’s opinion.