I'm new here - hopefully I am placing this in the right place :).

My skin is oily everywhere but my nose is super shiny all the time and I really hate it. Nothing I have tried so far worked so my only solution is to just keep on using absorbing blotting sheets and reapplying loose powder, like seven times a day. I am sick of it, especially when I look at pictures of myself or I have an important meeting and I think everyone is looking at my shiny nose, so if you could recommend some great products that will make me look nice and matte I'd be super happy. 

Thanks, ladies! :)

I have had great luck with Clinique's pore minimizer. I primarily got it to reduce the pores on my nose, which are also huge, but though it did not work for that very well my nose is much less shiny now. It makes my whole face feel nice, but it works miracles for the T-zone. Ignore the fact that it is called a pore minimizer and just see it as an anti-shine aid and you'll probably be fine with it.

Maybe try a good oil free moisturizer? Neutrogena oil-free for sensitive skin is one you could try, for instance. If the rest of your face isn't very oily, then you can use it just on the nose area. If your whole facial skin is oily, then it will really improve the quality of your skin everywhere. I have combo skin myself and the Neutrogena doesn't do my drier areas any good at all, that's why I am saying be careful where you put it if you aren't oily literally everywhere.

Why not try Clean and Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser? As you can see from the name of this product, it is especially designed to control shine. It also cleans and refreshes your skin after a good night's sleep, giving you a vitamin boost. I know people with oily skin who have used this product for years and years, well beyond the teen years, and they swear by it. You could then follow the Shine Control Facial Cleanser up with a good concealer on your nose and only then add foundation, and I think your shine will be busted!

Regards,

PINK

In my case, it is not just my nose but almost everywhere on my face is shiny all the time. It looks horrible and I am going to try some of the tips mentioned here. For now what I do is carry blotting paper around with me everywhere, and use it throughout the day. This does help. But I too would prefer to have something that stops my face from being so shiny. You are not alone anyway.

Celebrity

Hey,

Perhaps you could try using these tips?

Shiny skin is usually acne prone skin. It is really important to use a cleanser that works well with your skin type, as this will affect how your face looks afterward a great deal. If you use oil-stripping washes, your face may produce more sebum and you end up with shine. If you use something oil-based, your skin will simply stay oily. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash is supposed to be excellent for acne prone skin. 

For moisturizer, again you need to be looking for something that is oil free. You should also use a toner, probably something with witch hazel that comes with acne fighting properties. Before you apply any makeup, or even if you are not going to use any makeup, you could also do with a good primer. Look for something with silicone, something again that is oil free. 

Failing that, yes, you will need to keep on using blotting sheets.

Rosie

I dropped into Sephora while shopping today, and looked at the Benefit products. They look really awesome — beautiful, beautiful packages! I do get a shiny forehead a lot of the time, even if I use that loose powder over my regular foundation, so when I saw this thing called the Porefessional Agent Zero Shine, I was pretty interested. They had a bunch of other products to combat shine, and if I recall correctly they even come in sets. Now, the reason I didn't buy today was they are not really cheap or anything. So I was hoping someone could let me know whether these anti-shine products live up to expectations? If you say yes, I'll go and buy this stuff.

I LOVE agent zero shine so much I carry it everywhere I go. It does keep you looking matte even if you are not wearing any foundation and it even helps hide pores too. It saves the T zone from total destruction! :) The package is cool too, but I will say that it is not all that practical. If you want to give your face a quick once over in a public bathroom, forget it. You need a brush, you need to watch out that it does not fall out onto your clothes... I'd prefer it if they made it a little easier to get on your face. Still worth getting though.

Here are some shine-fighting ways that are known to work:

- Cleanse your face with a product that contains salicylic acid in the morning.
- Use a mattifying primer or pore reducer before you apply any makeup.
- Make very sure that you pick an oil free foundations, such as a mineral powder foundation.
- use blotting papers to reduce shine as needed through the day.

In addition, I've also heard that too much alcohol and spicy food can make shine worse. I have no idea whether this is true or not, but if you are desperate to get rid of that shiny nose, I am sure you will find that to be something worth experimenting with.

Well, you could try either witch hazel, which is like really popular for anyone who's got oily skin, or just the old rubbing alcohol to counter the shine you're facing. If you wanna play around, well, just regular soap (especially the scented ones) are known to dry out the skin. You'll also find the advise not to go in the shower too long or use really hot water given to pretty much anyone suffering from DRY skin. So would the opposite work? Wash your face with soap all the time and have a really long, hot shower? You could give it a go, I suppose, you know? Lemon juice will also strip the skin of oils so there's something else you could mess around with.

Oily noses are so ugly and embarrassing. Unfortunately this problem happens to me as well. It sucks! You can try to get rid of the extra shine factor by applying natural treatments. These include lemon, acidic of course and thus kills shine, almond and honey for killing the germs that make more oil, and aloe vera for more soothing. Blotting sheets are something I only just started using though they have been around for a long time. The difference is quite big so I am recommending them warmly.

Me, me, me!!! That's me! My nose is super shiny all the time even with really frequent application of loose powder! I think my sebum production has gone totally crazy, around the nose area and right between my eyebrows as well, and I hate it! I hate seeing pictures of myself with that awfully shiny nose and I so wish there was something permanent I could do about this shiny nose problem! Is there some salon treatment I could do to fix this? Because I really, really hate it!

You need to think about the advantages. If you have a door latch that closes hard you simply rub your finger on your nose then on the latch and it will work fine.

Be anime just buy the circle glasses. They are shining too. Be japanese

shiny nose indicates "colon polyps" get the treatment .u r shiny nose will clear shortly.
treatment#
* CLEAN THE COLON HELF OF ENIMA
* EAT PAPPAYA ( RAW PAPPAYA) . breakfast, lunch,dinnet also
#consult natureopathy doctor.
#don't go allopathy doctor.

Balan palanisamy