First off, my name is Jessica, I'm 23 and am in school at my local community college, graduating at the end of this semester with my associates so I can proceed to a local university to get my degree in Meteorology.

Ok, I am going to apologize in advance for the length of this... I tend to write novel-length posts, and I usually don't realize it until I'm finished... I also want to apologize for confusion I may cause... my thoughts tend to be really jumbled, and I haven't quite gotten a grip on that yet. Ok, that said, I'm brand new to this site, and could use a little advice!

Since August, I have been working out (mostly walking), eating less (but eating healthier), and keeping track of my progress on another message board that I'm a member of. As of today I have lost 34 pounds thanks in part to my best friend (Kendal... you're probably gonna hear her name a lot) has been acting as my personal trainer.

Kendal runs all the time, but I was too out of shape to do so at first. Well, after putting it off and putting it off (for MONTHS haha), I've finally started to jog with her. We go on long fast-paced walks, usually a little over 2 miles, and change our route everyday, but this past week we have begun to incorporate running. I'm not exactly the most optimistic person, but she seems to know just how far I can be pushed before I reach my limit. In the last few days, I have been able to run almost a mile (not all at once, we would run up a short hill and then walk a little bit so I could catch my breath, then run up a slightly larger hill... baby-steps, you know?)...

Ok, here's where I need advice. The reason for my sudden motivation to push myself is that I'm taking a health class this semester in which we have to change or begin working on a behavior that we feel needs to be improved... did that make sense? Examples: Quitting smoking, drinking more water, losing weight, eating healthier, etc... My behavior that I decided to change is working out more, and working out harder. I was just "half-assing" it (pardon my language), and throughout 4-ish months, I lost 25 pounds... Imagine what I could do if I actually applied myself???

So as part of my project, I need to keep track of my weight and how much I exercise (time and distance, I think)...

Does anybody know of a work out log I can use? I have the first part of my journal due Wednesday and I could use some help!

And again, I'm so sorry for writing such a long post... most of it may have even been pointless, but I can never tell...

I dont see why just a regular spiral notebook wouldnt do. Just make a collumn for what activity you did that day, approx cal. burn, and compare that to a list of food intake.

25-30lbs in 4 months is alot of weight to loose...congrats on that.