SAME SAME HERE!
i thought i was the only one who expierenced this c**p!
my goodness!
happens all the time during class, lately i ve been very lucky, but serously
i dont what it is, and ive cut coffee myself too, so it contains something, that makes ur stomache
loud, and annoying more annoying than your lil brother or sister
its embarassing, and i dont know how to stop it? i dont know if it can be treated
this has never happened to me..it began suddenly one time during class, when i turned 16
and it was so embarassing

omg, i am soooo relieved to hear that many other people have this problem too!! I am 17 and started having this problem a few months ago...today was only the 2nd time that it has hapened. but the noises are sooo loud! like it seriously sounds like all i do is fart...really really loud....ever minute. its horrible. i had to leave class early today due to a "headache". please help!!! i dont know what to do :-(

PLEASE READ, I HAVE FOUND THAT THIS HAS ELIMINATED MY PROBLEM. It's long but very important.

I had the same problems and I thank God he has given me a to deal with it.
My recommendations:

1) go to your doctor and tell him/her about the problem. Do not be shy. I went to a Gastroentorologist and (just as I predicted after doing my own research) he said more than likely I have IBS, he scheduled a Colonoscopy to rule out other things. I asked him for Symax (which used to help a little bit before, I had went to a doctors years back and they prescribed me that) and he prescribed me Hyoscyamine. Hyoscyamine has really helped me. I take one in the morning (because I have a morning class) and it STOPS my digestive system. it kind of put it to sleep so no noise happens at all. I also take it before I have meetings, go to the movies, etc. But dont take more than 2 per day if you are successful in being prescribed Hyoscyamine.

2) In the morning my breakfast consists of toasted bread with Peanut Butter and Jelly, along with CHAMOMILE TEA. I used 2 bags on my cup of tea. Trust me, this has done wonders for me.

3) Last but not least, I take Align, I have tried many probiotics and this one has been the most effective. The Gastroentorologist recommended me this as well. Take one every morning without missing a dose. In a matter of days you will notice the difference, you will go to the bathroom less often than before.

Other tips, do number 2 whenever you feel like you need to, pass gas whenever you feel like you need to as well (outside or in the restroom of course, or while you're driving to your meeting/class/church/movies assuming you're alone in the car). And also, pray to a higher power that they help you get over this problem as well. Trust me, it helps.

Please, these are only recommendations based on my experiences (as I have had to deal with this problem for the last 6 years). It's been more than two months since I made the wise decision of going to a specialist and being prescribed HYOSCYAMINE. It has truly changed my life for the better.

PS. I have also eliminated milk from my diet.

Good luck and I hope this works for you as well as for every other poor sould suffering from this terrible/real problem.

I had this issue too and I was able to get it under control.

First and foremost, see a doctor if you can. There could be lots of issues that are more serious (i.e. gallbladder polups, IBS, stomache ulcers, and others). If that is not an option, try what I suggest below for a week or two and see if it helps any.

It sounds like a lot of it for most people is nervous gas. One of the earlier posts had some good comments so I'll add my 2 cents in. Try taking Gas-X or Beano or some over the counter gas reducer. I don't because they give me even more stomache problems, but it helped some of my friends. Just note that when you take them, they help you pass gas faster, not completely eliminate it. When you have to fart, just excuse yourself from the room and go to the restroom to get them out. Trust me you will happier.

Chamomile and peppermint tea do wonders. Chamomile actually relaxes the stomach muscles and peppermint tea helps with cramping. Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water because this will help you the most out of everything... and it is healthy so you should do it anyway. Try working out everyday to get some stress out or find another outlet. Eat LOTS AND LOTS of fiber. It helps the digestion. If you don't like fiber foods you can try benefiber or another one of those products. Don't eat fried or heavily processed foods. Avoid gassy foods when out in public because it will only make it worse (i.e. beans, bell peppers, nuts, etc.). Avoid bubbly beverages including sodas. Avoid dairy because you might be mildly lactos. Eat SMALL meals throughout the day. Eat foods that are easy to digest. You can do a google search to find some lists. Finally, stay away from coffee.

If you follow all of this it is fool proof. The only issue is that if it is anxiety related, this is all just a band-aid. If you do not work on reducing the underlying stress you will be struggling with this for a very long time.

im so sorry for all the stress this has caused you
im 16 about to be 17 and being in high school sucks for this stomach c**p to start
i would like to suggest breathing which im serious helped me
just while sitting in class
quietly inhale deep and exhale
sometimes through the mouth helps better
and im serious
the noises in my stomach stopped
i still felt discomfort
but no noise
try it out
and hopefully i want just coincidence for me

Hi everyone!

I've also had this problem throughout my life.

I can almost guarantee everyone here that although you all seem to have the same symptoms, you DO NOT have the same problem.

Stomach noises can mean many things, every individual's body is different. If you want this problem solved you need to tell your doctor what kind of noises your stomach makes, what time of day (if there is a particular time), if there is pain, discomfort, any sort of hunger, etc.

The three most common answers of what this problem would be, 1) obviously, hunger; eat more fibre rich foods, eat small meals throughout the day.

2) Your stomach disagrees with something you are eating or drinking, in which case you need to track what you eat and when and see if there is any correlation to when your stomach makes these noises; try cutting out certain foods as some previous members on this discussion have tried.

3) The last, and most common of all (what i have), is air in the digestive track. This is the most common because of the daily stress we all have from hectic work/ school; we are constantly in a rush. When you eat fast you take in more air, when you gulp your drink and when you drink anything carbonated you take in more air, so the noises are just your stomach settling everything. I find that sometimes if i'm anxious my stomach makes more noise and thats because anxiety just does weird things to your body in general. Anxiety just seems to get everything moving faster in the body; that's why your stomach decides to 'talk' when it gets super quiet. To fix this problem you need to consciously eat slower, and take sips from your drink instead of gulps.

If you aren't sure what the problem is, my advice would be to try the solutions to #3 as well as intaking more fibre. If that doesn't seem to work and you don't think you have any food/drink intolerances, there may be something more serious happening and you should talk to your doctor. But in any case, even if you think you've figured out the problem, talk to your doctor anyways! There's no harm, that's what they're there for; and why not go to several doctors, 3 opinions are better than 1. Some doctors i'm sorry to say, really don't care enough to try and solve your problem, while other doctors are fantastic. Being someone who has been screwed over by these doctors that don't care, i fully encourage people to talk to more than one.

Hope that helps everyone!

I'm 13, and I've had this problem for almost 2 years now. At first, it wasn't so bad, and I could usually do things to make it stop. But now, nomatter what I do my stomach always makes weird noises. Sometimes its like a squeaking, othertimes its a low pitched growl. It normally happens at least once every 10 minutes thoughout the day and It can last for about 30 seconds each time. I have found that when I am in a quiet/silent room I get nervous, and It happens more. At the moment I have loads of exams in school and I have developed a phobia of silence. Its horrible and really embarrassing. I hate being at school because other people look at me oddly and iits so embarrassing. I've had to leave exams before because people were complaining about the noises. I'm too scared to go to a doctor, but a teacher at school said I might have IBS and that my stomach doesn't digest food properly. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Any help would be appreciated, Caitlin x

definently definently definently

Hello,,,, ( short and maybe affect) stress and caffein.   Regards

hii yaar, im also having d sam pblm... im so relaxed after watching ur post bcoz i dnt knw to whome to ask abt this pblm... nw i got sm 1. i really like ur suggestion (it'l b gud if we all work in same company) can i hav ur mail id so that i can ask u abt this pblm more

im trying to find out the reason, i'l surely let u know if i finds it out.. i could understand ur feelings.. bcoz i hav had enough....

DRINK HERBAL TEA! I have this same problem and I used to skip classes just to avoid any embarrassment. I have noticed an improvement when I take a probiotic everyday and I drink tea every morning or before any test! I doesn't make it perfect but it definitely helps!

Hey guys! Thank god I'm not alone! Okay so here's the thing for me. I'm in hight school and I started to notice the noises in 8th grade, basically ruined my life.o Now I'm in 11th grade and its worse! I'm so frustrated because I skip class all the time because I was so embarrassed. I am not failing high school because of this stupid problem! I can't focus or learn anything! Now I have to take after school course so I can graduate and it's not that bad because There's like 3 people in the class and I sit in the back so they can't hear it. Honestly I hope they find a cure for this thing! I also have IBS ( irritable bowl syndrome) and I'm lactose intolerant :( this really sucks for me. But I basically learned that if you breathe in and out and tell yourself it's going to be okay your stomach will calm down and feel better. If you can try to get out of the class and try to release the gas before you come back in class. Anyways that's my story! Hope the breathing thing works! Oh and I tried all that kind of pills like beano, nothing works for me lol.

Hi there ive been suffering with embarassing stomach noises for nearly two years, i think i 've built an intolerence to milk but i cant be sure could this be your problem?

Oh my God you wrote something same what i have since 5 years, i was living in Afghanistan and i had never stomach noises but i had stomach burning and my heart beat once was so high due to smoking cigarettes, i quite from smoking cigarettes since 5 years. After that i shifted to Kuwait while my age was 21 and now i will be 27, after a few months like 7 or 8 months i had a bad stomach noises and gases, and day by day my stomach was becoming bigger, i noticed from my clothes i couldn't wear it, i went to too many doctors but i had the same problem i went to Afghanistan, Pakistan even in Kuwait here and there but big problem was gases, i was living a lone and my foods all from restaurants, even i couldn't set with friends and people the problem of stomach noises and gases, i took many prescriptions medicines herbals, mostly doctors were telling me to make exercises at the early morning and drinking water when you woke up, as well as to avoid fast foods, and eat only home made foods healthy once, and drink only lactose free milk, anything consist lactose avoid it, finally i made endoscope from month ago, i feel much better than before at least i can work well and i can set with friends no sounds coming from stomach but when i eat some bad food or fast foods i feel bad and sounds, so i eat fruits, vegetables, i avoid pepsi these drinks which have gases, i drink fresh juices, and diet things, i do not do excersies and running at early morning but sometime when i do i feel better, i will start excercise is the most important thing,