I wish it was that simple but even keeping it clean doesn't work . My boyfriend always wash up before we do anything just to take extra precautions and it doesn't work. I wish I never got into this relationship. My life is so jacked up from the consistent problems I have.

Absolutely spot on!!

****"Just fyi, the other name for female circumcision is female genital mutilation. Male circumcision, while not as drastic, certainly serves the same purposes as FGM."****

That's not exactly true. Dr. Kellogg was not advocating removal of the clitoris in whole or in part when he pushed for circumcision of both males and females. By circumcision he meant removal of the clitoral hood to desensitize the clitoris just like removing the foreskin desensitizes the head of the penis. Thereby reducing the desire to masturbate in both sexes. For some reason he thought masturbation was a bad thing.

Somehow FGM or brutal removal of the clitoris has been misnamed circumcision possibly by it's proponents to make it sound better than it is.

I had this problem with the man I was seeing, he is uncircumcised and everytime we had sex Itwice I had itching at first and a foul odor and I noticed he had it went I bent close to his penis, but I never mentioned it, the first time I got treated and stop seeing him we were just on the side under cover thing, and after I stopped srewing him I didn't get it even after I started sleeping with my other man who is circumcised, but the second time when I started screwing wit him again Boom! I caught it again and this time I also had a terrible UTI where some of it traveled up my urethra. I left him alone ,went to a gynecologist for good measure and now I am Fine! Yes I know it is wrong to sleep around with different people but it is what it is but I am a grown woman and that experience did teach me a lesson and I haeven't caught anything since.
I will never sleep with a man that is not circumcised again, it is a old wives tell that a man that isn't cut have nasty penises because that foreskin trap dirt in it and if you pull that skin back it looks like cottage cheese if it's nasty and some men don't take take care of it properly Gross!!!!
I hope this help someone in the future.

Male circumcision began as a Jewish tradition. Weird how it caught on. I feel it is totally unnecessary.

Uncircumcised penises can harbor BV-associated bacteria. I'm having issues with my boyfriend whom I love very much so we are trying to figure something out...doing a lot of research.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I know that this is an old post but my boyfriend is uncircumcised and his only smells like that when be doesnt wash it properly or if he were to go a few days without a shower. So it sounds like your man wasn't washing himself very well! I got a yeast from mine once, and it was right after he had gotten out of jail and we didn't get to have sex for two months. The first thing we did when he came home was have sex- no shower or anything and I ended up getting yeast because he didn't wash himself properly in jail. Well now I am on this thread because I think I now have BV from him.

Thank goodness mine takes such well care of his !!! He pulls the skin back to clean it and the only time it has ever smelt is when he doesn't wash it but it's actually very clean but you do have to be careful being with an uncircumcised man because any screw ups and you will end up with a yeast or BV!

I had this for 2-3 months after sleeping with a girl one time. It was a one-night kind of thing. Her vagina reeked of fish. I threw on a condom and went ahead with it anyway because I felt like I needed it at the time. Condoms don't protect against everything, and I'm assuming her juices went on to my skin and eventually ended up on the head of my penis once I took off the condom. A few days later my penis started having a strong fishy smell.

Doctor gave me metronidazole 500mg to be taken twice a day. It's a super strong antibacterial. after a few days it cleared it up. Take it for the full 7 days to be sure!

Good luck!

Someones catching feelings.... As you can read from here post, she was very unsure of what was going on with his odor issue. You can't expect her to know everything about an uncircumcised penis..... I mean it isn't taught to us women at all. We don't face your bodily issue. IT SMELLS! CROP THE TURTLE NECK..... POINT BLANK PERIOD. JUST BECAUSE YOUR PARENT'S DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO HAVE IT DONE: DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T. understand her feelings and stop throwing unnecessary shade. YOUR PANTIES ARE ALL IN A BUNCH. MAYBE YOUR EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE... DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON HER! THE ODOR IS DAMN OFFENSIVE. NOT EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO COMMUNICATE THAT.

Hey Lily, I thought the same thing! I had BV for 2 years, for a long time I thought my boyfriend was the cause, maybe something in his sperm of saliva but I no longer think so, this is my story and solution. I was proscribed 8 rounds of Metronidazol that didn't get rid of it but gave me really bad acne, weight gain, depression and itchy skin. After the 8th round I felt if I took anymore it would lead to much bigger problems long term. A friend mentioned probiotics to me, specifically Optibac Probiotics for women with intimate flora, I started on 1 a day for a couple of weeks, nothing happened, went up to two for a couple of weeks, again no change, boosted to three and after a month I am totally clear, no smell, doesn't get aggravated by sex, acne totally gone, skin is perfect, my weights starting to come off, absolutely unbelievable, I don't know if it works for everyone but my friend told me that instead of getting rid of all bacteria as antibiotics do, when it comes to BV it is about over crowding the bad with the good (probiotics), women will always have the bad bacteria in their vagina, it is natural so your never going to suceed in getting rid of all of it but if the good bacteria is stronger and more present then the symptoms of BV will go away. I strongly believe that the pandemic that is BV (and it is a pandemic) is caused by the fact that it is extremely hard to get any probiotics from the food we eat as all the dairy products we buy in the supermarket are pasteurised (meaning they are boiled to kill bacteria, meaning they are essentially dead foods) as well as soaps, bubble baths, etc cause a lot of imbalance, the tap water, it goes on an on and although our bodies are very resilient and capable of fighting unbelievable amounts of problems when they are starved of probiotics it is really hard to suppress the naturally occurring bad bacteria.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1758232/

Bacterial vaginosis is not associated with circumcision status of the current male partner.

"CONCLUSION: Women with uncircumcised current partners are not at increased risk for BV."

Just wanted to post that to counter a lot of the misinformation flying around in this thread since this thread is one of the top search results in google regarding this issue.

You sir are wrong. Circumcision was started by the church. It was thought to prevent masterbation and reduce sexual wondering. Look into educating yourself a little more before going off. You are online it would not hurt to real quick check your facts with a couple clicks before trying to pop off just for self certainty so you don't make yourself look uneducated. Why do you think Jewish religion circumsizes at PUBERTY? You can't think it is because circumcision it what makes you a man at 13, can you? Please don't tell me some Rabbi centuries ago decided to curcumsize at puberty because the penis started to get dirty at puberty and he wanted the 13 year old to experience sex with INCREASED pleasure. It was made popular in America because it was seen as the "clean" and civilized thing to do. It does in fact promote cleanliness and is how MGM is justified now. It does not increase pleasure in males. It removes 60% of the nerve ending from the penis. How does the increase pleasure? It is infact by definition MGM put nicely with a modern "civilized" logic behind it. "So please stop and go do your research before showing how little you know". -Guest

what she said in her response above is very true. My boyfriend is uncircumcised and I have suffered in the same way. I found out he had an STD, a single cell microorganism, trick for short, that requires an specific antibiotic. That microorganism causes a fishy smell. you can be giving it back and forth to each other. you definitely both need to be treated. Your boyfriend definitely needs to be wearing a condom if he cares about you. He should be concerned with your safety. If not, or he is unwilling to wear a condom or seek medical care for this condition causing the fishy smell of his penis and genitals, you may need to rethink the relationship. I hope that this helps.
T. T.

I had the same problem my man of 14yrs wasn't circumcised for the 1st yr I had many uti thought he was cheating at 1st its a very unpleasant smell we even tried condoms they had trouble staying on he isnt small at all his foreskin would push it off he went to the dr and they set him up for a circumcision he went to surge 2 weeks later and was circumcised no problem now at all sex is better oral is easier