Unbelievable that I too have the same crawling/tickling sensation around the shoulder. I'm going tom get it checked out and, if I get a good explanation, I'll report back

my little bro has the same thing he also does olympic wl .

do you feel like there crawling in the nose

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've had for the last week what feels like fiberglass under my skin on the right thigh and groin area. It is painful, and itchy.  Almost like a bruised feeling. There is no redness, no swelling, no bumps, hives or other visible sign. I can literally draw a line where it starts and stops. Again, there is nothing to see. The itching wakes me up at night. It is painful to sit at my desk at work. Could this be the result of a hernia developing?

hi, did you figure out what was the problem as i am also facing the same symptoms. Thank you

I have the same tingling sensation as well on my left shoulder blade,almost feels like little bugs crawling under my skin. I am a Massage Therspist and I use my forearms a lot for deep pressure onto clients. I believe I may have tendinitis in the left shoulder that results the tingling but not sure.

I got this pain after I started weight lifting, im only 16, I have been weight lifting for almost 2 years now, I seem to get the symptom when my body temperature gets hot, so rapid change in my bodytemperature I seem to get the bee stings.

hi im a 27 yo female and i have this too! omg so freaky that we all have the same thing/feeling in the same spot on the back, its bizzare! mine feels like someone is touching putting pressure on my back and like little burning micro organisms crawling soflty under my skin, i freaked out and was convinced it was lung cancer as i have OCD!!! but after seeing this it has eased my mind alot, im sorry your all suffering this also as it is freaking horrible! i noticed someone said about herpies and shingles, well i have had this back feeling on and off for years but i have noticed that this latest episode came on after a huge breakout of genital herpies i had a week ago, very burning and sore on the vagina, i dont know if this is linked and why my backs started up but it seems like it may be, its doing it rite now as i type, burning crawling dull pressure, ahhhhh its demented, i dont know but i notice i get it when im rund down also...i have chronic fatigue and raised rhumatoid factor also. i may very well be a pinched nerve and we are all ruminating too much! but it seems we all have the EXACT problem in the exact location as one another and i know finding this forum has made my ocd much better about this because i know its not lung cancer now. we must all have something in common WE MUST FIND WHAT IT IS!!! then we can join the dots and figure out this mystery!

Notalgia parestehtica is the name. My mother had exactly the same as me and on the same spot between the left shoulderblade and the
spine.

Well, for sure my human curiosity wants to know what that sensation in the skin of my mid-right back, is. But I will not allow my mind to over-work the issue and create panic that it may be life threatening! I am dying, and I am fine with death...I have trusted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour, in 2003, and though I am still a sinner, sinning less, I have been forgiven of all my sins, past, present and future and have the promise of eternity in God's glory, thanks to my Saviour Jesus Christ. Now, I know that this body I now live in cannot make the journey into Heaven and is deteriorating by the hour, so I look forward to that glorified body that I will receive when this one dies! Oh yeah, that strange sensation in the skin of my back, is temporary....just like this body! Praise The Lord.

that is the way that I fell, and I keeping that it will go away.

This feeling like a sunburn, or like the sharp pain when your foot has fallen asleep, I most often associate with tense muscles in the back. It's pretty much spot in to what everyone has been saying, middle left back, just under the wing of the shoulder blade. I don't take any medications, nor have ever tried taking anything to make this go away. I find it it pops up more often than not when I've been a bit dehydrated for a day or two. Rehydrating and staying that way has consistently caused the feeling to go away. Check your diet, mine is probably way to high in salt intake, so I have to be extra careful to stay hydrated. Dehydration + muscle stress almost always causes this feeling to happen. It's burns till I'm hydrated again. I've experienced this since I was a child.

My significant other came from trip to Las Vegas saying he's begun experiencing a burning sensation on his right side of his back.   It's a  small area just under shoulder blade close to spine. Describes it  as a lite ciggerette type burn.  I looked .......saw a bump, could be spider bite and thats all but as I ran my hand along the area it gave him a tingly (not good tingly) feeling. 

Seems all these posts are men.   

Is this the same for you, anyone? Answers ? 

I have a similar feeling and it's really annoying! It feels like there has been a hair stuck in the same spot of my shirt for the past year. Sometimes it feels like a little bug crawling around or it tingles, and it's always in the same spot on my left shoulder. 

Lately I've been noticing that the feeling goes away after I do arm stretches. It sounds weird but try looking up youtube videos on "nerve flossing", and you will get good stretching exercises. You want exercises specifically for the median, radial and the ulnar nerves, which all run through the arms.

This helped me so I hope you try it!

this is on my right wrist and it just started, I kept thinking something was on my arm