This could be a radiculopathy from your spine. I used to have the same burn near the shoulder blade. It was from a protruding disk in my cervical spine. Some PT and a couple of chiro treatments and it doesn't bother me any more. I was seen by an orthopedist.

Yesterday I had a crawling sensation on my left arm I remember just staring at it to see if I saw a bug. Last night and all this morning it burns like a bee sting on my wrist and spreading down the inside of my arm! Skin isn't even red. I do have a problem with eczema but thinking this has to do more with stressed out nerves...

I have the same burning, itchy feeling on my left back under my shoulder blade, it's so annoying...maybe from an irritated muscle?  I have been lifting weights lately, can a nerve ending become damaged?  I notice it more at work while sitting, it may be related to stress, as I notice it less over weekend and while home...At first I thought I might be getting shingles....nothing ever appeared, and I work for a dermatologist and my skin is clear.

am having the same problem as this person

Years ago I had this issue. I went to a dermatologist. He said he thought it was tuberculoid leprosy. Not anything to worry about and that it usually goes away by itself. He actually did a biopsy on the area. The lab work came back inconclusive because of "scarce bacteria". The dr said that was likely to happen if it was tuberculoid leprosy. The area got better after a while, although it has never felt totally normal, at least the crawling sensation went away. Also, in order for someone else to get it they have to come into direct contact with the infected area for an extended period of time.

Your description of the intermittent tens machine feeling is exactly what mine feels like. Not painful but annoying. Did you find a diagnosis?

having the same back crawling and burning

I have similar symptoms below my right shoulder blade.  It feels like there is a worm moving in there and it will tingle and crawl for 10 seconds or so then stop.  Its really annoying but not painful.  Its been going on for about a week.  At one point I could feel it pulsing which makes me think it is not a worm but part of my muscle or something.  I also have a mole in that same spot but there is nothing else on the skin that is abnormal.  I hope its not a worm or parasite but I have no idea.

I have "Tingling", "Crawling" sensations under the skin, on my back, on the left side, as high as my shoulder blade, and as low as the bottom portion of my ribs. Oddly enough, when I touch the area, even just brisk by it with my hand, the feeling goes away. This reoccurs daily, and also effects how I feel my skeleton system needs to adjust or be aligned, and make adjustments constantly, through out the day. 3 to 4 times an hour. I'm thinking organisms are hanging back there, or I'm feeling my body repair itself. 

Hi, I have these same symptoms and I went to the doctor.. we are running blood tests and waiting for results.. in the mean time I came across this post. I too have burning/itching sensation on my feet at times and also agree that it is contagious. Just wondering if you have had any luck finding out what you have / had??? Thanks!!

Folks, I have had this notalgia also, and I get itching and pins and needles sensations from the left trap muscle area all the way down to the lower shoulder blade near the spin (which is the main itchy 'spot'). I have had it for near a year and it came after a particular very stressful event. I also have some neck spasms and back stiffness/spams (especially on that side). Research shows there are some successful treatments involving TENs stimulation of the anterior serratus muscle, and also UVB lamp therapy to the itchy area (just as in psoriasis treatment). It is maddening!

I have what is called Pathological nerves where it feels like ants are crawling on my hands and my right foot swells up after having my main vein out but when I am in the shower I feel my foot swelling and it feels like a spider crawling on my foot but look and nothing there have just had urine test and blood test get results on Friday my Doctor want to see what is happening etc ....

Unfortunately like most of these boards there are people who comment who have very little education or knowledge about what they are saying. Water is neither basic or acidic, it takes on the characteristic depending on its surroundings. If you would just take a little time to find out the correct information instead of pretending to know and purposely misleading others, it would go a long way to making the world a better place.

I to am going to a uroligist Monday morning as in april 8th, Mine is under arm and arround to shoulder blade. Sometimes I dont even notice it , but!!! then someone will come up and pat me on the back and yikes No breakouts or red spots except when I first got it it was on the top of my right breast then on my shoulder blade, like it was going all the way throgh my back.Wierd!! When it first started I thought I was gonna scratch a hole in myself, but then the itching kinda turned into a more bad sunburn type spot. But I have never had any bliters, just a few spots on the side and top of righ breast. But that went away in about a week. Now its mainly under arm and around to right shoulder blade...

Did you just claim that water by itself is acidic? AND that you should add citrus fruit to your water because somehow that's less acidic? Oh lawdy! I'm guessing you didn't study chemistry during your "research" did you?