Hi I get the same "crawling" sensation but on my right shoulder blade I'm currently 17 and work as a heavy vehicle (truck) mechanic, so it involves a lot if heavy lifting, but I first noticed this crawling feeling when I was 15 and put it down to my clothes moving on my shoulder blades, it was until I noticed it when I showered so I looked up on the problem and it seems most people complain about it in there left shoulder and wondering whether it's worth getting it checked at my GP to see if they can shed any light on the situation

For about 2 years I have felt the same thing I feel like electricity on back by my lungs it scares me then it goes away also at the same time my chest flutters

Hi, hun. You have inflamation in your disks that is pushing on your siatica nerve. Please, if you can, go see a doctor. Ask for a mild steroid and a pain killer. The combination will dull the pain as the steroid shrinks the swelling. I go through this every day.

Thank goodness I found you, I have in the last week had  a crawling sensation, like something is under the skin, or clothes irritating a patch on the left back near the top of the shoulder blade.  No signs on the skin.  Has anyone found a cure yet please.  I have recently decided to invest with a sister and it is going stressful already, so the level of stress may be it, and have a small patch of psorisis but this is not new.  I also decided to start eating bread with almost every meal for the last few weeks.  Wondering if it is that as food has so many additives.  If you are still reading this, is anyone off wheat product completely and still having the problem.  Going off it anyway.

I sooooo hope it's not the bread thing! I have had this on and off for a few years. Wondering if it has anything to do with my bulging disk in my neck (neck is really sore and stiff most days, and crackles when I turn it). Always feels like it's bugs crawling along my upper back/shoulder area - and I often flick "unseen" bugs off as if they were there! (we have a few stinkbugs that get in the house, so the feeling of bugs is warranted, albeit incorrect, because nothing is there) I've had my husband look - he sees nothing there. I once told it to my doctor - he just looked, said it was nothing, and dismissed it. It's the most annoying feeling in the world! Now, it seems to come with some pain and tenderness. Anyone else?

Sounds like something that I am dealing with finding out it is a pinched nerve in my neck, kept moving up the arm to shoulder to shoulder blade.

You just 'know' or sense that something is happening/changing. You just feel different for reasons you can't explain. Stomach and digestive issues, IBS, gasto-intestial problems; loss of appetite; periods of unexplained nausea. Sudden changes in body temperatures; increased sensitivity or intolerance to heat or cold; abnormal heat and/or cold in certain body parts. Cold or Flu-like symptoms that appear and then dissapear just as suddenly without escalating. Frequent headaches; head pressure or other unusual sensations in the crown area; warmth, tingling, pinpricks, pulsating energy. Increase in sensitivity of smell; strange smells from time to time that seem to come out of nowhere; Sinus and allergy issues. Changes in vision and perception; catching glimpses of shadows, mist or smoke, flashes of light, sparkles, colors and swirling forms of energy. Changes in hearing or sensitivity to sound; hearing strange sounds, tones and frequencies in your ears; whooshing, buzzing or ear popping/pressure. Periods where you feel extremely cold for long periods of time or have a chill in your body, cold hands or feet; circulation issues. Changes in diet, appetite and eating habits; Sudden cravings for or aversions to certain foods; Unexplainable weight gain or loss. Sudden intolerances/allergies to certain food or other products and chemical sensitivities. Changes in sleep patterns; waves of extreme fatigue that come and go unexpectedly; periods of restlessness or insomnia; a need for more or less sleep than normal; Sporadic sleep schedules; repeated waking in the middle of the night especially around 3 am; unusual dreams or more lucid dreams. Increase in daydreaming, fantasy; flashes of insights and visions; increased creativity and imagination. Intense waves of heat throughout the body, hot flashes, chills or night sweats; feeling extremely hot or waves or warming energy in various chakra centers. Increased static electrical charge in the body; energy 'zaps', tingles, itching, pinpricks; muscle spasms or twitches that occur sporadically in certain parts of the body. General body aches and pains, tension and soreness not caused by injury or exercise. Clumsiness, lack of coordination at times, bumping into or dropping objects more often; dizziness or feeling ungrounded. Sporadic bursts of increased energy or inspiration; feeling hyper-active or frantic energy; panic attacks; accelerated mental energy; racing or scattered thoughts. Unexplainable nervousness or anxiety that comes and goes spontaneously for no apprent reason. Feeling Intense or unusual vibrations; experiencing pulsating or rushing waves of energy, tingling sensations pressure throughout the body or in specific areas (chakra centers). Exteme sensitivity; feeling over-emotional; Episodes of crying for no apparent reason or bouts of hysterical laughter for no apparent reason. Periods of intense frustration, anger or rage, short-tempered or easily agitated or impatient. Moments where you experience increase in heart rate out of the blue, or unusual sensations in the heart chakra area. Unusual skin changes that come and go (rashes, hives, itching or tingles). Changes in hair and nail texture, color or rate of growth. Hair and nails may grow faster than normal. Feeling more drawn to be in nature and in more serene environments. A sudden increase in synchronicity (meaningful coincidences); seeing 11:11 or other recurring numbers often. Abrupt changes with job, friends, hobbies, interests, or living environments or strong urge to relocate. Physicality may feel 'unreal' at times and external reality appears dreamlike at times. Increased "self talk" or inner dialogue; issues with voice or speech. A need for more personal space and alone time; introversion. Feeling invisible, alienated or detached from from others and/or the world around you. Feeling lost or a sudden loss of your old 'identity' and a calling to find your true self. A deep longing to go Home even though you may not know where 'home' is. Asense of urgency like you are running out of time or that 'something is about to happen'. Moments of heightened energy where you may receive channeled information ; or automatic writing. Sudden lack of mental focus and ability to concentrate or comprehend linear information; feeling scattered; brain fog; confusion; forgetting things more often. Feeling ungrounded at times, scattered or spacey thoughts; feeling detatched or in a dream-like trance. Time distortions; losing track of time; a sense that time is 'speeding up' or 'slowing down' at various moments; You begin to see halos of light around people, animals and objects; distorted or blurred vision; sensitivity to bright light; more intense closed-eye visions. Increased Telepathy with other people and animals; flashes of insight and increased Intuition. Feeling that you have a Divine purpose on the planet and that you are on a special 'mission'. Profound feeling of love, peace, understanding and interconnectedness with All things. Increased psychic awareness and sensitivity, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and intuition. Bizarre or intense dreams; prophetic or precognitive dreams or dreamlike visions occuring more often. Electronic devices may malfunction often in your presence (lights may flicker or bulbs burn out often). A feeling that you are not alone or that there is a non-physical presence near you (visits from angelic beings, spirits, e.t's, messengers and guides) Experiencing sudden inspirations and divine revelations, rushes of energy and flashes of deep insight. A feeling that something is 'about to happen' or something important is coming, although you don't know what or when. - See more at: 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have had the same problem with the tintingling area on the right side of my lower back near my tail bone. My spot isn't pancake sized though, it's more the size of a man's thumb. It started once I began getting back pain from lifting heavy boxes and trays all day. It is more annoying than painful but recently it's gotten painful. I have to pay a decent amount of money to go to my doctor and I wouldn't want to waste my own money. Hopefully someone knows what this is.

I cannot believe this thread is still open and getting replies! I have the same problem: Left shoulder, about an inch below the top. Started as a crawling feeling, now it just burns and hurts. No visible evidence of any skin problem. Just a lot of pain. After reading all of this, I'm going to see a neurologist. If I ever find out what the cause is, I'll be sure to revisit this page and let you all know!

Well Im glad to find this forum and that its not just me but sad to find that nobody can tell me what it is !

Driving me crazy. Left shoulder blade area. Happens every day or two, has been for about a year and a half. Also have cronic eye twitching ...not sure if they are related.

My Dr thinks im nuts, told me to drink more water, very comforting.

I am glad to have found this site, I will have to go back and read it all again.  I am having these little zapping or pinching feelings in a very specific spot or spots as it is on both hips.  At first I thought it was a bug, then I thought it was something caught on my skin.  There is nothing there.  The only change I can think of is I just started using a new protein drink that has artificial sweeteners.  I normally don't use artificial sweeteners but will check to see what type of sweeteners  this protein has

This is the exact feeling I am having as if a hair is stuck on a piece of clothing. It is weird, thanks for sharing

hi I pulled a muscle in my shoulder coughing and sneezing. that hurt for a while. that has now gone.....but an area of my shoulder blade is numb.....and sometimes a burning sensation......and an itch.......I bought a massage chair......and I think I have trapped a nerve. because of the crawlin sensation?? anyone relate to this!? 

is it numb too? as everything you have described I have too??

Im an only 39 years old and just last year I had shingles...really bad. This feeling in the shoulder is driving me nuuttzzz!!! It goes from my shoulder blade top to the front of my chest. The itching is crazy because it is seldom is relieved. It keeps me awake and i thought my restless leg syndrome was awful. I have created a few bruises in the past few days. Feels like the meat underneath my skin is bruised from the the endless scrathching....at "nothing" .