I submit that if your MBA program suggests conducting interviews via voice recognition software while blindfolded then you might want to look into another program.
Hmmmmmmmmm...my MBA program didn't do that! Darn! I'm gonna ask for my $$$ back!!!

Ok..civil. Let's keep it civil.

HIGHHEAT and PHILLYCAT:

i am still waiting for a reason that the ideas i submitted would NOT work?

PLUS, if you will read my prior posts carefully, u will see that i never said my program espoused such a method, however, since we are THERE let's run with it! :)

again why not?

i am going on vacation for about a week, so feel free to go to town on these ideas before i get back.

enjoy,
Kel

HIGHHEAT and PHILLYCAT: i am still waiting for a reason that the ideas i submitted would NOT work? PLUS, if you will read my prior posts carefully, u will see that i never said my program espoused such a method, however, since we are THERE let's run with it! :) again why not? i am going on vacation for about a week, so feel free to go to town on these ideas before i get back. enjoy, Kel
Fine. I'll bite. Whatever about the MBA program. Just sounding as though you were implying that you were more qualified to make the claims that you were making because of your degrees and all I was trying to convey was that there are many of us here with either advanced degrees or several years of work experience that make us just as qualified to challenge your claim. As to your other point, I my professional career I have never hired just on resume alone. I do look at how the person interviews. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that because I think that there is a lot about doing a job well that doesn't necessarily translate on to a resume. I think this has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic now though.

just got back.

i was writing from the standpoint that rev dis happens because the current system draws attention to the dissimilarities (race, minorty status, etc) when it should focus on the similarities (work product, efficiency, ability etc).

by ur last post, u are an employer who tries to hire the person that will do the best job and promote the culture that is desired within ur company. as such, i could see how u would take my posts as arrogant and possibly demeaning.

i was posting from the standpoint of observing municipalities/state/federal and other federally mandated companies that otherwise hire/promote less qualified applicants instead of more qualified applicants because of minority status.

i guess i should have explained in more detail in my ramblings.

looking back, from ur standpoint i could see where u (or anyone else)could interpret my postings as haughty or arrogant, as such,

i apologize for my lack of clarity

and assure you no insult or devaluation of ur ability or intelligence was meant.

Kel

(shakes hands)