Hello, I’ve been having a rally bad psoriasis flare up since the winter started. Up to this point my main problem were spots on hands, but now my skin has started to flake on my neck, where the hairline is. This time around alongside steroid cream, my dermatologist also told me to get Vectical, that basically applies vitamin D directly to the psoriasis spot . So I was advised to first apply the steroid cream, then the layer of Vectical on top, and it’s not that I’m complaining this didn’t work, now I’m reading other experiences where derm gave them Vectical alone because it might be ineffective when mixed with steroids. I didn’t have any side effects and it did help, but I was wondering if the results would be better if I applied Vectical and steroids separately?

Hello Guest.  You should be applying the steroid first so that it can absorb more effectively.   Then you can apply the Vectical on top of it.  You could wait for the steroid to absorb first before applying the Vectical as well.  It will work just fine either way. Just be careful not to get Vectical on your healthy skin.  I hope it works out for you!

Has anyone else been on a steroid and Vectical for their psorasis?  How did it work out for you?  Was there marked improvement for your psorasis plaque?  Were there any side effects? Would you recommend Vectical?