So I have just taken my period and as well as suffering horrible cramps, I also feel the extreme need to itch "down there". Its not my vagina but more where i shave my pubic hair. It only happens when im on my period.
What is this/How do I help it?!

Thanks x

Try not shaving or using a lubricated shaving gel/razor also try rubbing some cream on the areas you shave..Not Immediatly after shaving cuz that will just aggravate it more.. try an anti itch cream one thats ment for "down there" I use Zinc oxcide myself to soooth any mild itching down there its is in alot of diaper rash ointments.. they work great also

thanks :-)

uhoh44 wrote:

thanks :)

Hi there, was the advice helpful? I had other ideas as to what could be causing the itchiness, but if it works for you, that would be good to know. Thanks! :)

hey it was helpful yes, what were your other ideas?
it stopped when i stopped my period yes but its only itchy when i leave my public hair alone? i dont think i have any form of STD because ive checked and have no crabs etc so i dont know what it is
x

HI there, my guess is that you might simply have dry skin or something like that so I would recommend a gentle lotion instead of any sort of anti-itch cream. TO keep from itching, I use a lotion called Cetaphil that is very good. Have you ever tried it?