Having read about keeping a food diary to track and plan your nutrition I thought there must be an easier way than doing it on paper and working it all out manually so I started looking and thought I'd share what I found with anyone else here who keeps or wants to keep a food diary.

I found this website called www.nutriplanIT.co.uk (well actually I found several but liked this one best) where you can log what you've eaten (or plan what you're going to eat) and it analyses it for you against RDA's (English ones which I think are based on the World Health Organisation advice) and calorie requirements. It analyses viatmins and minerals as well as the usual fats, carbs and protein. It's got a (small) subscription fee but it's really useful to see where you're going right/wrong with your diet. It even has recipes you can use built in (or enter your own) and creates shopping lists for you once you've created a menu.

You can adjust the calorie requirements and RDA's for your own needs too (which I have on the advice of my doctor since I'm 7 months pregnant) which I guess would also be very useful if you were on restricted calorie or sugar diets or if you were doing lots of exercise. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you in case I'm not the only one out there who has to keep track of my eating to keep it under control! So much easier than having pages of A4 to trawl through.
:-D