Nothing wrong with going to an AA meeting. There nice people who know they have a problem. More AA meetings that bars!

This same thing has happened to me twice. Once about a year ago and most recently it happened about two days ago. Though not massive amounts of blood but the stool had a bright red tint to it and there was a little bit of blood on the toillet around the stool itself. I had been drinking pretty heavey wednesday night, and then heavy on Thursday night. I woke up that Friday VERY Dehydrated. there was no saliva in my mouth at all. I was pretty Dehydrated the whole day and late that after noon I went to the bathroom and noticed my stool looked a bit red, then 30 minutes later went back to the bathroom again and it was even reder, then a third time the same day and thats when I saw a little blood around the stool and when I wiped it was pretty red. The toilet water didnt turn red and it asnt running out but it scared me enough to take off work the rest of the day. That night I went to the bathroom again and this time it was a lot less red. Then one last time (can you say liquire pops!) and it was almost normal color. The next day (Saturday) Everything was back to normal. and it has been so since. Never did feel any pain. 

As some hav suggested I think it has to do with irratation of the lower intestine and mass dehydration. At anyrate im cutting way back. I hope this doesnt happen again!

i have the same problem man,, im kinda scared

My nephew was a heavy drinker and started having blood in his stools . He ignored it for a week and he passed away Friday the 13 . He was 37 . Do not ignore this issue

HI ALL. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO. IT'S DEFINITELY THE ALCHOHOL. IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THE SAME PROBLEM - BLOOD IN MY STOOL. WHEN I DON'T DRINK IT STOPS, WHEN I DRINK EVEN JUST A CAN OF STELLA BEER IT APPEARS AGAIN. HMM., NOT NICE BUT GOTTO STOP N SEE THE DOCTOR. CHEERS ALL.

I am a heavy drinker age 40 I got the same problem I had piles had them operated on and I've had stroke its been going on for at least 15yrs+....
Should I be worried.....

healthrelated9783,
Thank you but I'm terrified because the EXACT same thing has been happening to me. A tiny bit up when I spit or the like for quite some time but JUST A SEA OF DEEP RED BLOOD SURGED OUT DIARRHEAL STOOL AND I AM SHAKING IN FEAR HERE.

Was esophageal surgery needed or just no more drinking? DO I NEED TO HAVE ALL THE NEEDLES AND TUBES?
In my case the heavy drinking was following by 4 days of light to no drinking so I was feeling good until all this poured. Will it keep coming if I stop drinking because there is a permanent rip?
My enzyme AST is 128 and my ALT in 118 - three times normal after 3 decades of drinking - so I already know I need to stop for my liver's sake but I CANNOT SAY TERRIFIED ENOUGH IF NEED TO GO THROUGH WHAT YOU DID

Terrified

Thanks everyone for all the good information eases my mind a bit still no insurance can't go to the doctor still nice to see unfortunately that I'm not alone

I have the same promble now been happen about a month now im scared to the dr for it

i am having similar symptoms and scheduled to see a doc soon. So they told you no more drinks whatsoever?? :(

I am also not a regular drinker, but often binge drink when I am drinking...

Thanks!!

Oddly, it only happens to me when I drink bud ice. I drank one tall can last night and it happened this morning.... I drank multiple times a week. Usually hard liquor. Only w bud ice, hmmm. May be a malt liquor situation too.

I just had a bowel movement and my stool wasn't bloody but there was blood everywhere in the toilet kinda scared me since ive already got melanoma cancer

Yup, I go hard on Bacardi every night with a beer, helps me sleep. Lately I've gone a little harder. I've experienced blood in my stool for the last 3 days. This has happened in the past after heavy drinking episodes, but this time there was a twist. I feel a burning sensation in my throat (kind of like heart burn) but I'm assuming it's my stomach acids.

I've been thinking AA, but I know I can cut back on my own. The issue is when I try to go to sleep without drinking, I get this weird sensation, like I'm going to pass out, it's sort of paralyzing, scary like I stopped breathing or my heart stopped. Similar to a panic attack. Has anyone else here experienced my crazy episodes.

I was admitted to the hospital for a week last July because of my heavy drinking which resulted in gastroenteritis so bad that they thought I'd torn my esophagus...
My pain was extreme (the worst I've ever felt), and it turns out tears like this can spill stomach acid into the thoracic cavity and cause sepsis which can lead to death... A painful one. I'm fine now and have quit drinking but yeah I'd say at even the suspicion of internal tearing and/or bleeding GO SEE A DOCTOR AND DO NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY!!

after I drank I bleed when I use the bathroom could that mean I may have hemmoriods also?