I have exactly the same prolbem, actually i'm having an episode at this right moment.
the pain is crushing dull in the center of my chest behind the breast bone, and also in my right left jaw! it started 15 mins ago and still there, when i drink water or eat something it help reduce the pain for few moments then it come back again.

looks like a heart burn, but i just can't figure out the link between the chest pain and the tooth ache occuring simultaneously!!!!
i'm 26 years old male, the last time i had a simillar episode was roughly 2 months ago, the severity of pain is exactly the same as last time(on a scale from 1 to 10 i'll grade it as 5), it's not getting better or worse and the frequency in which episodes are happening is constant. Also it's not related to any certain activity or exercise, i woked up this morning had a bannana and a glass of water, i watched TV and then checked my emails when it suddenly happened!!!!. I'm not on any medications, do not suffer from any medical condition and i'm fit and healthy.

i have friends who are doctors, they have no clue about it, and during their 5 years of medical studies they didn't come across a similar disease or syndrome. I was frustrated and thought it could be of psychological origin until i've seen this website, i'm quiet releived that i'm not the only one who has this problem, but yet worried of what could it be. if anyone know what it might be please let us know!!!

Hi there, so you said that you talked to your friends who are doctors but have you discussed it with any cardiologists or perhaps a dentist? I think that would be your best bet. What do you think?

I get a similar syndrome: the first time I was on an international flight 20 years ago and thought I might die! It happens rarely but it seems to start with pain/ache inside all my teeth, then my throat/jaw , then inside my ribs and back; it happens only once every several years but sometimes I have brief flutters of it in the couple of days before a real attack, usually strikes in the middle of the night. A strong painkiller , or maybe just 25 minutes of pain, ends it, occasionally it recurs within the next couple of days. I have also had complete tests (once I got to the doctor while having an attack - he couldn't find anything even when it was still happening) and they expored my spleen as well as a cardio workout. I am generally very healthy, but also associate it a bit with gas pain. Last night's attack was weird: I am on vacation and not feeling stressed at all. While it is absolutely awful, the fact that I can go 4 years with no incident reassures me it isn't serious, but I wish I knew what to call it!

I have the same problem for the last 3 months. I went to a cardiologist and he couldn't find anything. I'm so happy I'm not the only one with this problem. I really would like to find the cause and end this.

I suppose if you went to a cardiologist as well that should rule that out, at least as an option. Has anyone been to a dentist as well about it? I know that there's a connection but I can't tell what it is...

I also have the same pains (chest and lower jaw) ... have you read the symtoms for Angina ??

could be that the bacteria or infection in the teeth (root canal needed) such as abcesses, could be the reason
i am feeling the pain in the upper right hand side of chest deep inside. could be affecting the lymph system trying to fight off infection.

i hope this is the case, but need to visit the dentist as i dont think any doctor in the year 2009 knows anything about this , this after visiting a doctor.

For the records, I have not got my root canal checked yet, with 2 kids it's hard to find time to got to the dentist...

...still, I have had strep throat in the middle time and my doctor prescribed me penicilin, one of the strongest antibiotic if I understand right, over a 10-days period.

The side effect is ALL of the above mentined symptoms have disapeared. I did not have strep throat at the time, but it kill two of one stone!

I'll try to keep you updated as I tend to have this come and go...

I have had this for years and just found the following. It might explain the relationship to exercise. I have been sitting a lot lately and it has been really bad.

Abstract: The initial assumption that sudden acute chest pain may be of cardiac origin is justifiable, but when this proves not to be the case the patient is left with little explanation of the cause. It is suggested here that diaphragmatic cramp may be a cause of some undiagnosed noncardiac chest pains associated with mandibular referred pain. The phrenic nerve provides both motor and sensory innervation to the diaphragm, while the trigeminal nerve carries sensation from the mandibular teeth. Both nerves originate in separate nuclei close together in the lower medulla. Interconnections between these nuclei and others higher up in the brain may provide one explanation for this problem.

I have had the same symptoms for almost 10 years.

It started when I was in my first year of University. I think it had something to do with posture and stress!

These are MY symptoms in chronological order:

1. Slight DEEP pain/discomfort behind my lower right shoulder blade. Sometimes this is accompanied with inflamation and knots between my verterbrae around the thoracic region. Sometimes this is triggered by throwing my arms up in the air to yawn.

2. Dull pain radiating from right lower shoulder blade through to front. This pain seems to radiate at intervals of approx 5mins getting gradually worse each time. Sometimes this is accompanied with lower back jaw and rear molar pain.

3. Pain rapidly escalates to severve, about 6-7 out of ten. Chest feels like someone is is stabbing me with a knife whilst an elephant is sitting on it.

4. Jaw and teeth pain really kicking in now accompanied with bucketloads of sweat.

5. Full blown attack occuring approximately 10-15 mins from initial symptoms. Contemplating going to the hospital now.

6. When attack is in full swing it seems to come in waves. Releif for 5 mins then it comes back for about 5mins, and so on and sor forth for about another 20mins.

7. This whole attacke seems to last anywhere up to 45mins.

I have been to many doctors and specialists about this. Most think it may be oesophigiel spasm and not heart related. Have had ecg to confirm not my heart. Have had gall stones checked also.

PLEASE anyone else out there have these similar symptoms and can tell me what it is?

Cheers.

I'm a female in my mid 20's and have had the pain sporadically for the past couple years. It always happens at night.

Mine involves pain in the right side of my jaw and teeth, about the back 3 or 4 molars, a roaring sound in my right ear, and a dull burning pain in the center my chest, right behind my breast bone.

When I'm having this pain, I will bear down, and always I burp, and the pain lets up, but then it comes back in a few minutes. The cycle will repeat 3-5 times.

The oddest thing is that the right side of my face is warm during the episode, and the jaw line is itchy on the right, and will sometimes get small hives.

I have fillings in all my molars, left and right, and have recently had dental x-rays, so I know I don't need a root canal.

The burning, and relief by burping makes me think it's heartburn, but I don't understand the relation to my jaw.

I've been having the same pains for 7 years. My dentist said it was from clenching my teeth at night (causing sensitivy) and that nerves between the jaw and chest are all intertwined. I've been using a nightguard and sensitive toothpaste for about a year now- it seemed to help at first, but the pains have come back and are starting to become more frequent.

Usually right sided chest pain isn't from heart conditions. It's the left side of the chest you need to worry about.
The right side of the chest & shoulder blade are usually a sign of gallbladder problems. Has everyone checked their gallbladder?

If anyones smokes or used to you should have a lung scan done to rule out anything. Pain radiating to the lower teeth
front or molars is caused by inflammation, cancer or other serious conditions in the body if you haven't had any dental procedures.
Of course dental procedures and infections in teeth could be your answer.

I too have the same problem. I don't think it's my teeth or gallbladder. My starts on the right side of chest and excruiating pain in
shoulder blade, collar bone and lower front teeth & molars. I feel mine is some time of cancer that my doctors have not found yet.
My stomach also gets distented and swells up like a basketaball.

If anyone has similar symptoms please let me know.

Thanks,

Froglegs

I've got the same pain as well, it doesn't happen very often, but it usually starts in my lower front teeth, you know the first o=four? And then i get a weird sharp pain in my chest. I'm lazy, but I'm not a couch potato, and I'm only fifteen so I have gym class at chool. I lift weights two or three times a week at home. I'm not that out of shape. I don't know what it is, but i don't intend to tell my mother. She worries too easily. But, I thouhgt I'd just say it was the same for me as well