I have exactly the same symptoms. After all my research, I can only think of one thing that could cause it. Too much carbonated drinks and not enough fresh water. A large glass of fresh water usually does drive the pain away within five minutes.

I am a 39 year old male and this morning at 3am I work up with this burning chest pain just to the right for thie first time in my life.  I am finding it sore to breathe deeply.  It was slightly better when I was standing but it hasn't gone away all day.  It was not until about 4pm this afternoon it started affecting the molars in my jaw.  My molars, bone, neck and head throb - this pain wades in and out from dull to intense.

At 5pm last night I went to the gym and did an upper body work out, so I thought that it may have been related to that but I don't think that that's the case. It so happens that earlier this week I went to the dentist, had x-rays and no root canal required. 

I have been having lower jaw/tooth pains and heartburn (center upper chest) at the same time. I get light headed, and slightly nauseated. Pain level 7 out of 10.  When I drink  something it helps ALOT pain level becomes 2.  Also, I have no teeth. 

Sorry to revive an old post, but I found something that is at least a little helpful. I have the same symptoms: simultaneous aching/cramping in the lower chest (diaphragm area) and lower molars. Never had a root canal, nor any heart issues. I'm very healthy now but was 40 pounds overweight for 10+ years. The pains haven't seemed better or worse after losing weight, eating healthy, and getting active. I've had this occasional pain for at least all of my adult life. (I'm 42.)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

In layman's terms,  the nerves related to both areas originate close together and interconnect at some points. No treatment is recommended, but it helps to know that there is no direct link to cardiac issues. (Or dental issues.)

Also, like so many others have said, it's really encouraging to see that I'm not the only one who has this!

I can identify with the majority of these posts. I wish someone had an answer.

Just saw the dentist.  Turns out the pain in my neck, upper right side of chest and shoulder was caused by a lower molar with a large filling that was often trapping food between two teeth and causing irritation of the nerve.  He removed the filling, prepped the tooth for a crown and put on a temporary.  No more pain. Hopefully won't need a root canal.  The hygienist said problems with either upper or lower molars can cause pain or soreness in seemingly unrelated parts of the body.  Upper molars are more likely to cause pain or soreness in the neck, upper chest and shoulder area, but obviously lower ones can also.  (This wasn't the type of pain that starts in the chest and moves up to the jaw and teeth, which is often caused by acid reflux or heart problems.)

Had a chest pain last night that scared me...only lasted a few seconds, but so intense I broke out in a sweat and almost vomited.  I have scheduled oral surgery this next Friday and I'm on antibiotics and Advil.  The pain in the lower side of my jaw has somewhat been alleviated, but my whole left jaw is sore.  The dentist told me that there are three nerves that effect that side of your jaw; so I'm hoping that the oral surgery (and prep for an implant) for extraction of #18 will alleviate all the pain due to infection which I've had a root canal on and crown.  But that does not mean that I won't contact my doctor and have some chest tests done in case it is heart related.

I've had this problem for a few years now. I'm 37 and to bad out of shape. Every couple of weeks I get this terrible tight pain in my chest followed very shortly pain a tight pain in my bottom back teeth, usually my right lower jaw. It feels as if my chest will collapse in on its self and my teeth are being ripped out. The only way I've found of stopping this is to try and control my breathing, between deep breaths and small lighter relaxed breaths. I also try to relax my body muscle the best I can. It can last about twenty minutes and scares me to death as I feel as if im about to have a heart attack. No surprise my doctor doesn't have a clue. Keeps asking me what I think it is. Hell if I know, wish it would go away. I just try and relax myself the best I can until it passes.

I've had this same problem for over 30 years.  Was 2-3 per year.  I'm 63 now and these happen 2-3/month.  Maybe I'm just more aware.  I now keep an Excel spreadsheet and log every event to track what I was doing at onset, what the symptoms were and progression, who long it lasted, and if anything alleviated it.  For me, it almost always starts while I'm driving; starts with pain in lower jaw under a bridge where a tooth was removed 20 years ago. Radiates quickly to sharp pain in upper back which spreads to right side. Often jaw pain spreads to lower molars.  Today it also spread into double ear aches.  Duration is usually about 15 minutes.  Today was 1/2 hour.  Have never been able to get a diagnosis. I even drove to ER and had full heart checkout while pain was on.  But everything was good.  I too suspect this is tooth related

I've had this problem as well. 

It just started 2 days ago.  I went to the dentist last week for a cleaning and a chipped crown. 

I found out that my crown (which is on a tooth with a root canal) is decaying! 

WTF???  Found out that it happens more often than we all think and it was probably because the person that did the root canal did a BAD job.  I mean I floss twice a day, brush twice a day, and rinse my mouth twice a day with peroxide. 

So I have to get the tooth extracted and an implant put in, which costs $5,000 and that's WITH my insurance. 

After the dentist cleaned my teeth I noticed that every single time I bit down to chew, I could taste this nasty "metallic" like stuff in my mouth.  I also notice a smell coming from that tooth when I floss.  It's bad.

So 2 days ago I get a bad headache, which was strange because I never get them.  Then my neck starts hurting and I feel this pain traveling down to my chest, near my heart.  It's progressively got better, so today I'm feeling "ok."  But my head still hurts and the chest pain is still there. 

I pull my tooth on the 26th of this month, it's still awhile out.  I'm hoping that I can hold out that long.  I don't want to walk around toothless and need my dentist to make my partial, while I wait to do my implant.  That allegedly takes 2 weeks.

The pain is ridiculous though, and again I'm hoping after the extraction it will all go away. 

I really believe though that the decaying tooth is poisoning my body in someway.  It just makes sense. 

i have the same issue. First time was maybe 3 years ago. What fixes it for me is drinking - anything - and it goes away almost immediately. It is some serious intense pain. It usually starts in my chest, radiates to my back, radiates quickly up to my teeth and jaw. If I just sit (and don't drink anything, or I have nothing in front of me to drink) then it just gets more intense. I've never let it go long because the pain is to intense. I always wonder how long it would last if I didn't drink anything. It takes just 4 to 5 sips of a liquid and it fades as quickly as it started. It is very random too. I'll have it one day, then not again for a month, then I'll get it two days in a row, then a week later, then 6 months later. I've never had anything tested b/c it seems so random; it feels like it would be one of those doctor visits where they can't find anything b/c it's not happening at the time. I've searched google so many times; this is the first time I've ever seen anyone posting about having the same symptoms. Other than this, I'm totally healthy.

Hi, i have the same issue. It started last year, the pain would start on my lower second molar (which needed a root canal per my dentist) that feels like it is being extracted literally. Then when I can no longer bear it, the chest pain would begin too, i was cold and trembling with the pain. I can't even think clearly. It happened just a while ago and my mother had to sit me up and let me rinse the tooth with lukewarm saltwater. After 30 minutes of doing it, i got better. I just hope this is not a heart-related disease.

I am currently having this.

Bu my pain does not result from any particular tooth. 

I had a major infection on the gums about 10 days ago (upper part), resulting from untreated periodontitis. Was not in good health. I went on emergency to the dentist and he quickly fixed that (cleaned and gave me antibiotics for 3 days). Infection and swollen gums healed within a day. Pain went away. I never had any pain radiating from tooth to chest or neck. The pain was just localized to the gums.

But then, 2 days later I felt very weak and a chest pain. The weakness lasted 3 days (and heartbeat was a bit elevated then), but the chest pain has been lasting for the last 8 days, and a minor weakness (cannot do big efforts). Pain is at level at ribcage or beneath, and worsens only with physical effort. Cannot do big efforts. Anxiety was present in first days but I have been resting and doing nothing at home. Definitively this chest pain and tiredness are linked to the previous bad health of the mouth and infection, but I had no fever and now my mouth is much cleaner but chest is still suffering.

Doctors did a ECG and found nothing. Preliminary blood tests showed slighty elevated c-reactive protein (and I also have mild type 2 diabetes, controlled only by diet, BG between 5 and 8, occasionally up to 10 after heavy meals) Now I am going again to the doctor. They suggested it could be endocarditis infection following the dental work. Could be also mild inflammation of pericardium. They said pain doesn't seem deep enough to be from the heart. I think could be also angina, or some muscle spasm, or inflammed cartilage. I don't know... Whatever it was I think bacteria went to the circulation or down the throat into the chest region. Not good.

Hopefully I will remember to post here the updates.

I have the same pain. not as bad it seems. I do take serotonin re-uptake inhibitors ( anti depressants).

I have this same pain and I get it every week. Had all the test done for my heart they said all looks normal. As far as it being tooth pain well I have dentures so its not from needing a root canal...I'm thinking it could be the onset of a stroke. Im scared..have high cholestrol been on meds for years. I'm 53.