Hi Everyone ~ Just wanted to say that chest pain along with teeth pain can be very serious. I know because I had a toothache (abcess) numbness in face etc..and I ended up in Cardiac ICU for Pericarditis which is a inflammation in the lining of heart.

Wow, this internet webby thing is pretty keen. :-P It sure came in handy when the same pains began to overcome me and even though I can vaguely remember the other instances of this particular stages of pain, I still couldn't help but wonder if my time was up and if a heart attack was inevitable remembering how my Dad described his. When I finally found this post with people complaining of exactly the same symptoms I was able to finally calm down and sure enough it went away. Thanks to all of you for your posts and this site, and for me personally for God. Cheers¥¥

I found an article that might explain this whole thread: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb6374/is_3_31/ai_n28737824/

At least I'm pretty sure that's what is going on with me.

Some poeple are talking about different conditions in this thread. I believe I have the textbook case of this condition. It's pain that comes suddenly and is resident in the chest, teeth, and often jaw surrounding the back teeth and even up into the bone around the ear. It's an ache that feels like its in the bones. It comes on very quickly and can last 5 minutes to about 1/2 hour at the most. A drink of water or some bland food can help. It's not a heart condition and has nothing to do with the teeth. I've suffered with this for 10 years and it occurs once ever 1 to 3 months. Now to the part that you care about!.. I'm pretty sure I know what brings it on. It seems to be be brought on by foods. There are some foods that bring it on often. For instance, raw carrots will cause it in me about 25% of the time. Apples will do it about one in 20. It is way more likely to happen when I've skipped breakfast and then eat certain foods at lunch (like Vegemite) or didn't have much lunch and then have raw veggies as an appy before supper. Passover is the worste for me because I've been super busy all day preparing and haven't eaten properly. Then, we eat very late and the first thing I have is super sweet sacramental wine (Manischevitz). That's a recipe for real pain! I'm guessing that it's akin to a kind of food allergy that manifests itself as a sort of upper GI irritation that radiates out into the chest, jaw and teeth. Deep breathing, a big drink of water and some easy on the tummy food like soda crackers seem to be the magic. Hope this helps!

I have the same problem, but I have actually already had a root canal where the pain starts. The only thing I found that makes it go away quickly, is when I drink water. It's the strangest thing. But it starts in my right lower tooth, goes to mu chest and then my back.

that is what i do too, something bland like crackers or baby cookies arrowroot something like that. i believe that are stomachs are so empty it hurts in this weird way. best of luck to all

I googled chest molar pain and stumbled on this thread.  I wish there was something more definitive in it!  When I have pain in an upper left molar (I have braces/sensitive teeth/possibly need a root canal but need the braces to come off first), it radiates down to a spot just under my left clavicle.  so annoying!  600mg of ibuprofen + 1000 mg of tylenol seems to do the trick but I wish I knew what it was and how to stop it for good.

I had this happen to me today.  I wasn't doing anything in particular just sitting when it came on, I have had a bit of nausea lately and suffer from migraines and i'm still a young woman and I haven't had any dental problems lately. So when I googled I came up with prinzmetal angina.  This is a muscle contraction which isn't cause by hardening of the arteries and happens mainly in young women, so I think I might pop to the doctors to get it checked.

Okay guys I have been having this pain for several years. Most of the time it happens on its own and last for 15 to 30 minutes. As described above is crushing chest pain with radiating pain into the left or the right lower molars.

I have had workup done enough force heart problems since I was a child and they never found any issues. Once the pain was so bad that almost fell out of bed but there was nothing to comfort me. I am a physician and I know The anatomy and physiology around these organs. Actually I do have a diagnosis on myself. I am almost sure that this is basically contractions off my esophagus or the feeding tube. This is something which is called Esophageal spasms. Sometimes using calcium channel blockers and nitroglycerin can help with these symptoms. For people who have not had been checked out should make sure that they have seen a doctor to confirm that this is not a heart problem.
If you have had that work up done and the pain is only happening once or twice a month then you could ask your doctor to prescribe you nitroglycerin which you can spray under your tongue and your symptoms may improve. For people who can tolerate othis pain may not need any medications and just reassurance and that is what I use.
I hope this will help a few of you. All the best.

I am so amazed that so many people have this. I have had several attacks over the course of a year and this is so scary. Doc did and ekg, that was normal, now schedualed for a Angeoa Gram next week where they will shoo
t dye into the the arteries to look for a blockage, scared but just have to rule this out. I will write back with info.

I have the same pain...needed a root canal on a tooth with a crown...found out the tooth can't be saved and must be pulled (right side #30 molar). Having the pain on right side of chest above the breast. Nagging and driving me crazy! I am hoping the pain will stop after the tooth is pulled, but I am going to ask for antibiotics in the meantime. (I had the root canal 2 days ago and the chest pain started the day the tooth started aching).

I've been having this go on with me for over a year now.  about twice a week.  Usually I pop a naproxin(sp) and it goes away.  My dentist and my doctor both think I'm looney.  It might also help if i mention the pain starts in a cavity in one of my back teeth.  Almost immediately after i notice the cavity pain, i start getting a tightness in my chest.  The only time my chest ever hurts is when the cavity starts hurting.  I'm 23 years old.  Gonna get my tooth pulled here soon.  I will re post if i notice the symptoms are not coming back.

I to have this problem. It starts with chest pains centered and then radiates up to the jaw area then the teeth hurt like crazy. I have had heart tests and examines, everything checks out good. so maybe you could be right, it could be a back tooth like a wisdom tooth when pulled it got screwed up inside but why would that hurt your chest area? we need more people to comment on this to see if getting teeth pulled is the anser.

I have suffered with this pain for years. It started when I was 15 and still happens today (I'm 33). I've been for multiple heart scans & oral scopes. It had gotten so bad that on a couple of occasions I’ve had to go to the Emergency Room. After fighting with the issue for years I've finally found the cause and solution to my chest pain with tooth pain problem. It is severe heartburn. Yup, severe heartburn! I usually take 2 to 4 Maalox and the pain goes away. I find it best to make a note of the foods that cause heartburn and stay clear of them as much as possible. I hope this helps

Perhaps you could look in your daughter's medical record? Was it recorded?