Well here we go FEB 4/10 filling in upper next to last molar. Started developing pain just below right rib cage that night, did not think anything of it.

Gradually got worse, and worse till on Feb 11/10 went to see GP in absolute agony, sent me to EMERG. immediately, 6 - xrays complete blood work 2x (both normal). Emerg says must be Diverticulitis here are anti-biotics go get prescription filled come back if it doesn't resolve in a few days, use some T3's if pain is really that bad.

Feb 14th pain still intense to the point of literally standing in my kitchen screaming at the top of my lungs, can't take take a deep breath, burp, cough without excrutiating pain, and if I tried to sneeze the pain was so intense by body actually shut down the sneeze reflex. Go back to EMERG. next Doctor does more blood work (normal). Thinks Gall Bladder does portable ultrasound but sees nothing says comeback tomorrow and have radiology do full abdominal ultrasound.

Feb 15th pain incredible - have Ultrasound of abdomen - go back to Emerg. Dept. more blood work (normal again) including tests for liver function, kidneys etc. Now they think ulcer? try to test by giving me anti-acid with lidocaine in it to swallow ..... no effect, possible blood clot, inject me with blood thinners and tell me come back tomorrow for CT Scan of Abdomen.

Feb 16th pain still there - CT Scan of Abdomen - negative - more blood work (normal again) - EMERG. says we can't figure it out, it isn't anything we think that will kill you so go back see your Family Dr.

Feb 16th - Family Dr. says he knows the pain is real - maybe nerve pain of some sort prescribes pain meds that are really good for nerve pain. OK so I tried but no reall effect go back to taking T3's like candy

Feb 23rd Still in excrutiating pain go to different Hospital Emerg ward - just in desperation that someone might know what it is.
Spend entire day in Emerg. Another CT Scan this time with contrast dye looking for Pulmonary Embolism , 2x blood work - everything normal and negative for embolism. Prescribed new pain meds that are the equivalent of taking 10 x T3's at a time, told be careful as this is powerful enough that if you take more than prescribed you may stop breathing, (just what you want a Dr. to say huh?)

Feb 25th relate story to someone at work visiting from another company. Says I had friend who had same thing ended up being related to a dead tooth putting poison into system. LIGHT bulb goes on!!!

Feb 26th - appt scheduled for tomorrow morning with Dentist 8:00 am to investigate

Absolutely amazed how many people have my symptoms... I guess I was lucky I only ended up in emergency once for 6hrs till they were happy I hadn't had a heart attack. Have been taking nerve stabilizers and pain killers for my back for a couple of years so I never noticed that my teeth were hurting until I stopped taking them for a few days, thinking that the meds might of caused my chest pains. The third day back on my meds teeth were excruciating. Got into my GP and told him about my ordeal and straight away put me on amoxil sandaz 1000mg for an ulcer on the chest caused by bad teeth, sure enough 2 days later chest pains gone :-) now I just need to get the buggers out!!

same problem myself, very worried about it, my dad had a heart attack a few years ago and ive had a history of accessive drug and alcohol use, clean now. Im 31 and I seem to get it after swimming- training for a trailalon, odd thing is, is the tooth ache - its only one tooth that aches at excactly the same time as the chest pain. Glad to know other people are getting it but still no closer to an answer!

hi there my partner also gets the same thing,he ended up in hospital with it not long ago.
but him being impatient didnt wait,so we still dont have an answer for it.
he doesnt just get it every so often though he can get it multiple times in one day. x

Oddly, I seem to be experiencing something similar. About 3 days ago, I was experiencing a slight bit of pain in my upper right teeth. It didn't seem like anything too unusual to me. I figured it would pass. The following morning, I had some pain in my upper chest, but only when I took deep breaths. On my way to work, I felt a little pain in my jaw. I worked throughout the day and felt ok, except that I still had minor discomfort breathing deep. Towards the end of my day, this increased and I also had some pain up my throat. Knowing symptoms of heart attacks, I became concerned that this is what I was experiencing, even though I am only 38. That night my wife and I monitored my condition. We felt that if this was going on for as many hours as it was, it was unlikely to be a heart attack. So I went to sleep that night. The next day I still had the deep breathing pain. I went to the ER. They did an EKG and I was completely normal, and they did a chest x-ray which also was normal. The doctor referenced a condition (it starts with a c) where your chest muscles are inflamed or possibly in spasm. He gave me motrin and I went home. I began feeling better, however I was still feeling exceptional pain in my teeth, and today, the chest pain is all gone, but I have massive pain in my upper right teeth region. This is completely odd because I saw my dentist about 1 year ago and my x-rays were totally fine and I simply had a cleaning.

I should note that in the past several months I discovered that I have a herniated disc between my c6 and c7 vertebrae. I have been taking physical therapy which has helped (I still have a numb left finger). I do wonder if there is any connection between all of these things. Ironically I feel like I am in pretty great shape and feel good aside from these ailments which are more annoying than overly problematic. So for now, I am clueless as to what's up with my teeth. I have been taking ibuprofen to help with pain, but as of now I have no idea what's causing this.

I have not felt well for almost 2 weeks...lots of chest pains and light-headedness. Kept telling my husband that it feels like I have some kind of virus. Yesterday morning was the worst...about 2 hours later, an old crown fell out of my mouth and the pain disappeared! Immediately!

The chest discomfort is still pretty much gone, just a twinge or so. My daughter thinks that I probably have an infection where the crown was...I am not having any pain with my teeth at this point. Will be calling my dentist in the morning to get the crown taken care of and talk to him about infection there!

Hello everyone, I had all these symptoms and went to many doctors. It ended up being an absest (spelling?) tooth under an old crown. Had it fixed and everything went away!!

Mine starts at my lower right molars, then my throat starts hurting, then my chest. First time it happened (I was about 40) I went to the emergency room and they ran a battery of tests and kept me overnight. Did stress tests, etc. and they found nothing wrong. It's happened maybe once every six months since. Sometimes it's a very strong clenching pain, other times it's light and goes away quickly.

I can't say for sure, but it seems to happen around the time that I have a sinus infection. But I do have a single crown on my upper molar, so maybe I'll have that checked out next time it happens.

Hi dja,
Taking into consideration that your current ekg and stress tests are fine, has there been any mention of an echo to rule out valvular anomalies? Chest pain, not cardiac in nature, may also be caused by anxiety attacks, muscle spasms in the chest, referred pain from the teeth to the chest and vice versa. If your cardiology workup is normal, and the pain doesn't present itself during periods of stress the one other suggestion I can give you is a dental exam to rule out any abnormalities as this will also cause that specific type of pain.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Same symptom. I feel in my jaw first then I know its coming. It gets worse and worse than slowly subsides. It feels like contractions in my heart radiating to my back ribs. Unbearable pain.

Ha...it's very odd that so many people have the same issue but yet there isn't anything online saying what it might be. I've had these symptoms for quite a few years now. They started after I had a root canal and crown placed on a lower right molar and only tends to occur while I am sitting down. Sometimes I can bite down on something hard and it helps the pain. I've been told that it could be either a diaphragmatic spasm or nerve damage. They did go away at one point in time while I was pregnant but came back about 6 months after having my son. I'd really like to know whats going on, as the pain is intense but goes away before any pain killers could kick in.
Thanks

I am suffering from this now. It is my left side. It started shortly after a root canal on the same side. I had a filling replaced with a crown which ended up becoming painful and requiring a root canal. I also have a dental implant on the same side next to it so I don't know which one is the problem. Two weeks ago I had crowns replaced on both of those teeth, they are the only crowns in my mouth. Anyway, the pain has been awful since then. I suspect that the root canal tooth is the problem since I have had the implant for 5 years without the discomfort. I am not sure whether to just get the root canal pulled or whether that will cause more problems. I am going to wait a little bit and see if things calm down. I really have not had good experiences with root canals. The first one I had ended up becoming re-infected and being pulled/replaced with a dental implant and now the second one I have had is causing jaw and chest discomfort that is driving me crazy. I wish I knew what to do!!! Please someone update who had this problem in a root canal tooth and then had an extraction. Did the chest pain go away???

WOW!!! i thought it was just my body being stupid but I'm having chest pains and tooth pains as well. there has to be a medical diagnoses for it.

seeing how many others are suffering the same symptons confirms that I am not going crazy.

I had a root canal done 2 weeks ago, and a few days ago, started developing chest pains. It is getting progressively worse. The chest pain also seems to correspond with the tooth pain. From time to time, i get this spasm in my teeth (the root canal has not been filled yet, it still only has temporary filling for now), a throbbing pain inside the teeth (which is weird given that the nerve has arleady been pulled out), like something is jumping inside my teeth, then the chest pain gets a little worse. It's a dull, continuos pain otherwise.

I don't believe I have a heart problem as I had it checked a few months ago, when I was getting chest pain from a cough.

LOOK UP Angina