It is Costochondritis

I think yes!
I had the symptoms described in the posts here a little while ago at work and because I was scared and didn't know what else to do, I grabbed a bottle of water that was standing there on my desk and drank a little! I could feel the water go through to my stomach! as the water resided there, the pain in my chest seemed to faint, revive, faint, revive and finally fade away.
I wonder what water does! but maybe drinking does sth to the esophagus, and somehow massages the inner chest muscles or sth... Kind of like coughing does to heart attack symptoms... Just maybe

That is very true.... in 2012 at the age of 46 I suddenly got pain in my teeth and a mild pain in my chest. I had never had pain in my teeth in my life before. It didn't feel right... I went to the hospital... I ended up in ICU for a week and having an angiogram... IT WAS A HEART ATTACK..... I am female, vegetarian, never smoked, don't drink, weigh 110 lbs and am considered healthy.... I had had a full physical with my doctor five days prior and passed with flying colours!! My cholesterol levels are fantastic so it is not a cholesterol issue. Since this heart attack once in a while I get the same pain in the teeth and chest. It is worrisome but my stress tests and ECG's and a second angiogram all show everything is ok. I went to the hospital that day because my instincts were telling me something is not right.... we must always follow our instincts....

Costochondritis - I think that's the term you are looking for. It means "inflammation of the lining of the cartilage of the rib cage." I have had it twice myself - once very severe, which sent me to the ER (they can't really do anything for it), and another time, years later, when I realized it was coming on; I was just able to lay back the second time for a while and relax, and it passed within a half an hour or so. However, the first time it lasted for a couple of days. The ER doctors just diagnosed some type of pleurisy, but my regular doctor was able to definitively diagnose it by placing one of his hands on my chest and the other on my back. He told me to take a deep breath while he squeezed my chest, and his squeezing helped alleviate the pain. The fact that the pain was alleviated by his squeezing, he said, was a definitive indicator of costochondritis. It is my understanding that doctors don't really know what brings it on. I had no tooth pain with any of this as many of you have had, however. I hope it won't bother your daughter anymore, or that, if it does, she will know how to manage it.

i had this happen last night woke me up out of my sleep at 4am, I thought I was having a heart attack it is nice to see others have had same issue but sure would be great to understand what happened, any ideas?

I also have this problem and it seems to be getting more frequent. I notice it most I go for a walk after eating

The chest pains seem to be caused by wind.

If I rub the affected area of the chest I can sometimes get it to move. Other times I will try and force some wind back down my throat in an attempt to move the wind that is stuck below.

If I can get the wind up the pain in the chest and my teeth usually subsides.

Costrochondritis. That is the inflammation of the cartiledge attached to the ribcage.

I have a crack in one of my molars on the lower left side.  I was told about a year ago it would require a root canal in the future.  My tooth from that point forward was always sensitive to hot/cold/pressure sometimes more than others.  But since that time, I have had three "attacks" similar to those describe here.  I would get light headed, tunnel vision, trouble breathing, and a pain in my upper left chest midway between the sternum and my shoulder.  I have had an MRI, stress tests and blood work none of which point to heart related issues.  The doctors were leaning towards stress related anxiety attaches.  However, I never felt particularly stressed during the attacks.  I never put this together with my tooth issue until recently.  Now, I am having a more severe issue with my cracked tooth.  My tooth is now very painful and swollen.  It is accompanied by the familiar left chest pain and dizziness and to a lesser extent trouble breathing and tunnel vision.  With the tooth pain I am very aware of pain radiating into my head and into my neck.  It seems that somehow my tooth is now causing the familiar chest pains possibly related to the now visible/painful infection.  I would like to hear a doctor’s opinion on all of this.

Man am I glad to see this thread!   Had a pain in my chest so severe last night that it woke me up.  Noticed my lower left molar hurt too.  Today, both are throbbing simultaneously.  WebMD no help (LOL).  Have had chest pains before, but each time i actually seek medical help, find that my heart is as strong as an ox's..."must be stress", etc.   Guess i should check with the dentist first this time...

Absolutely delighted to hear of other people with the same symptoms, the important part is that the pain starts in the jaw and then goes to the chest, not the other way around. I have had so many cardio tests, but they always come up ok. I am convinced that the origin of the problem is in the jaw but Chest trumps Jaw so it's always referred to the cardiologist instead of the Dentist

I have had the same as above, I thought it was down to my teeth, but I have had them fixed recently, when I did see a doctor he said he was not worried because it was on the right side

I have the same symptoms too. Starts out in my bottom molar and uncomfortable pain in my chest. I have this on an d off for about 7 years. Usually I take a tum and goes away in about 10 minutes

It's my right side as well and funny I decided to Google this for the same exact reason haha..

hi i have had same chest and toothache pain for over 10 years now ,been doctors had tests nothing he could find.but what i do know if i drink juice or water when i feel it coming on it will disappear instantly . hope this helps

Has anyone eaten pistachios right before the pain