I agree with the severe heartburn theory. Had this a few times over the years and each time I have reflux shortly after which when partially brought up (like internal burp) I get the same deep burning chest pain and lower molar tooth ache. Also found same solutions as previous post whereby, drinking water and deep breathing seem to alleviate the symptoms somewhat. Time to check foods and avoid what is causing it.

I have the same thing, only upper right molar, same tooth every time. For me it's a tell tale sign that I will shortly have an aching chest that starts mid chest and radiates through to my shoulder blades. Lasts for a couple of hours. I've asked my dentist and also my doctor. Neither have heard of this before. I actually had the filling replaced on that same tooth thinking and hoping that may eleviate the problem. It has somewhat, but not gone completely. I've had an ultrasound done for gallbladder as I was suspicious of that being the culpret, but nothing showed either. I've been experiencing this off and on for approximate 15 years. It started in my early 30's. Wish I could help, but know that you're not alone in experiencing this unusual ailment.

My right side chest/shoulder/collarbone area pain and soreness started the same time that I began experiencing pain in a lower molar when eating.  The molar has a root canal done several years ago; although the latest X-ray shows it wasn't done quite right there is no sign of infection.  I have no heart problem; this seems purely related to the tooth.  The dentist did a deep cleaning thinking it might be calculus buildup but it didn't help.  I'm thinking of having the old root canal redone even though there's no infection.  Also wondering if there might be a hidden fracture as now there's a fairly constant dull, burning pain in the area around the tooth.  It's always something.

I think its Costochondritis

its gas.  try diaphram compressions - you will either belch or pass gas and it will be over.

I've had these pains also and cannot figure it out. I've had no heart problems whatsoever, Had every heart test imaginable and passed all with flying colors. I don't have any teeth problems either. Mine starts with hurting in the chest area and spreads to pain in my teeth. It doesn't happen often, sometimes in a month or two month time period. Sometimes it happens in the middle of the day while at work, other times at night when I'm in bed. No one seems to know what it is, but it is great to read these post and realize others have this too. I wish I had an answer!

It has happened to me also, and I don't think it's stress parse.  It subsides when I loosen my clothes.  It may be a restriction of blood-flow.

Acid reflux can cause those symptoms. Try Heartburn Free at any Health Food store - may make symptoms worse while you take it, but then the pains disappear for up to a year.

Acid reflux can cause those symptoms.

Look up angina and read it all. think you all will find the answer you're looking for..

me tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have just found this site. Thought I was going nuts. When someone get the cause of this pain in tooth and down to chest, please put on this site. Thanks

i have had this pain on and off for about 6 months that i can remember.. i am 23 yo and have no clue what it is. i was reading some previous comments and some were talking about a possibility of it being oral related.. i have had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled about 2 years ago so i am not sure.. maybe its my other teeth.. 

And here I was beginning to think I was going crazy! Realize this post is quite old, but still useful. I have had chest pains off and on since I was 14 (27 now). At first I thought they were growing pains and attempted to ignore them, however at time the pain was so bad that I couldn't function, I just had to lay down. When I couldn't find anything on them or how they were occurring or why (and many doctors just write them off, since they come and go without regularity), I started wondering if it was all in my head, lol, but then a friend mentioned they've felt them too. I didn't image so many people describing them as exactly what I'm experiencing though!

It wasn't until a few years ago that I started noticing the connection between the pain in my chest and the pain in my teeth. Here is what this pain feels like for me:

It begins with a sudden, radiating pain usually located in the left half of my chest, directly under my breast, or in the lower half of my sternum and radiating out through my ribs and breasts. Its a dull, aching sensation that varies in intensity. I notice it most often when I've sat for long periods of time, however deep breathing, removing restrictive clothes, moving, laying down - none of those things lessen or even dent the pain. Sometimes I have tried to take ibuprofen or another pain medication with mixed results. Sometimes it doesn't do anything and others it seems to make the episode lessen quicker. Usually these "pain attacks" last for 5 to 10 minutes before disappearing as if they never existed. The ruling hypothesis right now is that they are related to a condition where the cartilage in the chest becomes inflamed - the pain described and the area it occurs it sounds the closest. Its not a life threatening condition (the inflammation) and there is no cure for it, it occurs more regularly in some than in others. Costochondritis is the name of the condition involving the inflammation of costal cartilage.

The thing I don't understand is how its connected with my jaw and teeth! Only in later years have I noticed that the pain seems to either coincide or move from or to my lower jaw, particularly the left side and back molars. Its the same; a dull, aching, radiating pain; as one person described "as if my teeth are being pushed out". Despite that, my dentist and x-rays didn't find anything wrong with my teeth. I do have several fillings along my back teeth, but they have never given me problems. The only conclusion I could come to is I DO clench my teeth, especially when sleeping or when I am concentrating hard. Its possible this clenching either sparks or adds to an attack.

The attacks themselves vary greatly in frequency. Sometimes I have a few a week, sometime I go months without one. The times I have them are usually when I am at my calmest and relaxing, reading, etc. so I'm fairly certain that they aren't caused by stress (as well as the fact that I have a very low stress level). The things I have found to help the most - don't panic and try to relax. Take an anti-inflammatory, not just a pain medication. Stretch - it may sound weird, but this has actually helped the most for me, stretching my hands overhead and slowly lowering them down between my legs (while standing) and letting my weight "hang". When I do this I can feel the pressure lessen as my ribs expand. It doesn't get rid of it, but it does seem to help. 

Some of the statements here are very similiar to what I have been living with for a couple of years. I am a 60 year old woman with what I call the dreaded  jaw/tooth/chest/throat pain. It used to be very infrequent, but would last about 30 min. It always gives me some kind of a warning a slow chest ache or a jaw ache or a toothache. Now it seems to last sometimes up to four hours. It is horrible. The pain in the chest is profound. Scary? Understatement. The pain is so bad and all I can do sometimes is to just plead "oh God please make it stop" and it always does, eventually. Seems silly to go to the emergency room because it is always gone the next day. My doctor has scheduled me for a GI but something tells me that is not the solution. He wants me to go to the emergency room because then it will be happening when they try to figure it out. I really dont think they can. I did go to the emergency  room a couple of years ago and they did every possible heart test and they could find nothing. I know I'll end up going to the dentist, but something tells me they will be saying "oh, its this" and perform some uneeded dentistry procedure for the financial gain.

Anyone's pain radiating from lower left off the jaw around the insisor(sp?) In correlation with the chest pain, also being I the left side. 31 male smoker. 15-20 pounds over weight. 'Pain' deep in tooth almost from the gums. Then a slight tightness in chest. Almost as if it's being squeezed from the inside.