OMG OMG OMG i just figured out what to do! ive had the same issue...this abt pea size firm lump inside one of the sides of my labia i guess is the term...its been there for 2 years and every time i go to touch it its fine at first but gets sore as i try to move it arnd or figure out what it is....i sat in front of a mirror and pushed arnd today and i saw like a reddish yellow whitish skin tone underneath the first layer of skin n super firm to touch....well i boiled a needle grabbed tissues n i popped it...ITS GONE!!! finalllly :D

I  dont know if this helps anyone.   I have found that having VERY high stress levels can bring one of these lumps on.  Also from friction excess.  I get some relief from soaking in a warm salt bath.  I only get a sore lump once in awhile.  It usually lasts a few days then the pain and itching go away.  it doesnt come to a head.  Definately i notice it is likely after a change of soap.  I change my underwear a couple of times during the day.  I take Inner Health Plus.  Try to keep my hygiene up.  Hormones I believe definately play a part in it. 

Thank god for this conversation!! Ive developed this boil over my Labia and ive been going nuts!!! Its reddish and hurts when i apply a little pressure. Hopefully it'll clear out soon!!!

mine is a bit strange, about 23 years agao i had to have an operation on my labia as they thought i had infected cysts, they turned out to be nasty insect bites  so they were lanced and left open, i ended up with toxeamia and was hospitalised for over a week.  23 years later i have now started to get a really painfull sensation again, for some reason i keep thinking it is like a varacous vein in their.  At night when i am asleep i touch that area and the excrusiating pain wakes me up and takes my breath away, it is really weird, it feels red hot!  I really need to get it checked out, has anyone else ever experianced anything like this? this has been going on for about 2 months in one side.

I have a gray-ish purple-ish lump on the inside of my labia off to the side of the clit. It's not hard but it's sensitive to the touch and when I squeeze it it hurts. It's about the size of a nickle but slightly elongated. I am sexually active but with the same person for over a year. I've never seen this bump until today. It hurts when I walk but not any other time. I haven't been wearing underware because there has been a foul odor for a month or so. I'm very prone to UTIs and I read that airing out the area can help the good bacteria grow. Ive never had any boils and it doesn't have a head. Any ideas what this is?

To answer GeeBee's question. You should go to the dr. or community clinic as soon a you can just to make sure you dont have an STI. Its crazy how different our bodies work, because everyones immune systems act and react differently in certain situations. For example your partner can be a carrier of herpes simplex II and may never know because they are asymptomatic (having no symptoms) because their immune system may be stronger than yours. And not to scare you, but you can have an sti and not have symptoms for a while until its triggered by stress. You should really go see a dr. esp if you have a discharge along with an odor. I pray that all will be well with you.

This worked for me. I did get a wash cloth really hot and placed it on the lump first

I have these boils and I have had them for a few years.  I also have a weakened immune system (at the moment) and I know my hormones aren't exactly where they should be.  Sometimes they are tiny and will come out easily, other times not so much.  There have been times where I have taken a needle so they would start to drain if they will not pop out after sticking them.  The needle is painful, yes, ,but compared sometimes to the boil it is very worth it and doesn't hurt as much as the boil does.  I've done the hot bath among other things.  I have been to the doctor a couple of times for them and they always just say it's a swollen gland.  I've been checked for STD's with blood tests twice which came up negative. 

In my experience it seems to be caused by immune system issues which I've had to work hard on for a very long time and most recently hormones.  My immune system has gone from way over active to under active and back and forth.  Even after this long with the issue it is still mentally frustrating.  I usually find them after going to the restroom or bathing.  I also have a gallbladder issue, it is bad and probably will have to come out one day as it makes my liver slightly elevated.  And, we know that the liver plays a big role in how our bodies work.  So, this could possibly have some kind of responsibility for the boils too.

If you can't afford a doctor, get to the closest Planned Parenthood or a county health clinic!

I'd noticed a similar boil on the underside of my labia majora, painful on deep palpation. However it cleared out in a few days without any discomfort... 

c over year ago you need to see a your GYN or try and find a clinic to go to.

Some of you probably have Bartholin gland cysts. I believe I've had these twice--one was confirmed and drained by a doctor. If one side of the vulva (outer lip, not inside vagina) swells to 2-3 times its size and you can feel painful fluid trapped, but it absolutely won't burst, that may be what it is. You may also find that you have difficulty sitting eventually. (For me, when I tried to squeeze, it looked like water would ooze out from pores, but none of the actual cyst).

The doctor anesthetized the area (after I insisted--I was unable to tolerate the needle otherwise) and lanced it. They can't really pack it there effectively, apparently, so the doctor may just tell you to wear a pad as it finishes draining.

There are a number of home remedies, though trying to lance or cut it yourself is not advised. I thought it was starting to come back and used onion there (in my underwear). (Thankfully I wasn't at work, so I didn't have to go around smelling like a cooking project gone wrong!). I was able to squeeze it out that time, probably within a few hours.

If you suspect this and don't wish to go to a doctor just yet, there are many home remedies online--just include "Bartholin gland cyst" in your search. As always, though, don't let it get too far out of hand if it won't resolve on its on.

Wish you the best!

I went in with a very swollen tender left labia and they checked and said it was a barthsomething gland like the previous poster described. Excuse my weirdness. Still a bit high on pain meds. Anyways the gave me antibiotics and also something for the pain. He numb the area with a sh*t and then drew out some fluid. Unfortunately it wasnt as full as it appeared. They were going to put in a drain but after he made an incision, no more was draining. So I am on 2 antibiotics for a week and following up with my gyno tomorrow.

Im 16 years old & in the past I've been sexually active, but in the past few months I haven't been. I was goingrot the restroom earlier & as I finished I was wiping & I endured a pain that almost brought tears to my eyes. I have a lump right around my vagina that just appeared. I'm freaked out and I don't know what to do. Help, PLEASE? 

hi,

today in the morning i noticed that i have lump on my inner labia(right) and its red in colour and doesnt have a head.

i tried to press it but its too hard,

so i told my mum and immediately went to see a doc.

The doc  said its a bacterial infection and it will have a head in a day or so and she also told me that it has puss but not much at this point of time.

She told me to apply luke warm water thr then gave an ointment to apply.

And also told me to wear loose bottoms when i have my periods as i had noticed the lump just after my periods.

I am relieved now as i was thinking i may have cancer and STDs even though i am not sexually active and have never indulged in unsafe sex.eh