Queenmaddamit wrote:

I am 44 and think I am pregnant, or is it peri menopause? I have had a couple of light type periods. I know my grandmother was in her late 60's and still in pre menopause.
My gut says I am pregnant. I have 3 already. My son is 25 and I have a grandson who is 2.
I have my girls at home one just turned 17 and the other is almost 6. I have tender breasts , pee a lot and my body is definitely doing something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ohh Queen!! Well if I were you (I'm 47 now) with those symptoms I would bite the bullet grab not just one test but probably three and go for it! The reason I say 3 is if # 1 Comes up negative I would not trust that and wait a day or so and try again. The tests now are pretty early detection and sensitive. I have even myself gotten them at a dollar store for $1.00! Which beats drug store prices, the dollar store version is not quite as handy but works! I think rather than make your self crazy wondering thats where I would start. Take a deep breath and go for it and we're here too. I know exactly how your feeling!
~Sandy

Hello my name is Patty and i'm 49 years old and going nuts 'cause I too have the symptoms of a pregnancy, although my tubes were tied in 1992, the feelings are very strong, let me tell you I have had no hot flashes or menopause symptoms but my period did stop in august of 2007 then i started having sleepiness, nausea vomiting and all the symptoms of a pregnancy, I too have four kids ages 31 to 15 and three grandkids ranging from 13 to 3mo old, Im sure you knoe what a fool I' feeling as to think that I might be pregnant, but my stomach is swollen and Big and definitely somethinf moves inside, I took two test kits and one came poditive and the second negative, but i ask myself how can this be possible Am I going crazy please need your help SOOON. Thanks

I have question, hoping someone can answer. I have these symptoms, lower pain pains, I had morning sicks for about 2 weeks, my period was 1 day and not like a period, all I did was spot, my breast are more firm and was very sore for a couple of days, I have lose weight in my legs and butt, i have body cramps, and I am so tired all the time. I have take 2 home pregnancy time and a blood time and they show negative. My body just feels different. I am so calm the last couple of weeks and my mind has been wondering. I can I be pregnancy an my hormones not showing it. Can anyone get me advice.

Deborah - were you pregnant after two years of no monthly?

Deborah...not sure this went through, but were you pregnant after two years of no monthly?

If you have hot flashes means you are not pregnant? i am 48 and my period has been irregular but i dont have any in 3 months and have nausea for 2 weeks but still have hot flashes and sweting. does anybody knows if it is possible to be pregnant and still have hot flashes?

Hi there sun_lover
First of all you are pre-menopausal due to no abstainance of menstruation for 2 years, and not 1 year as someone had been told by their doctor?? You can obviously can still get pregnant. My suggestion a pregnancy test, because yes you still can get sweating and "hot flushes" if you are pregnant

I've finally found the right site for me; no one judges anyone on this site and most of you seem just as afraid as me! I am 54 years-old and my partner (whom I haven't told) will certainly not be happy if the test is postive. I don't know what to do! I've had symptoms of pregnacy for the last month but cannot even summons the courage to take the test. I know that's stupid, and will force myself to do it soon, but need some emotional support first (as I haven't been able to tell a soul). I can't imagine how a preganancy would even be possible, due to my age, and because I have a huge uterine fibroid tumor (for years) the size of a 6 month pregnancy. I mean, the odds are like winning a million dollar lotto, but in a negative sense (for me, at least). My doctor told me the tumor alone would make it hard to conceive, and she assured me (after my last menopause test well over 6 months ago) that "it's all over" (whatever that means). My doctor, who refused to give me low dose birth control, is always vague and I don't feel comfortable talking to her; but I'm stuck with her due to my insurance plan - I just can't picture myself telling her all this). Nevertheless, though the doctor seemed to assure me I cannot get pregnant, I still do get periods about every 2 or 3 months (the last one was a few months ago). Strangely, my stomach has just recently become flat (can't even feel the tumor like before), I gained about 8 pounds, my breasts really enlarged, nipples very erect, and I constantly feel nauseated with indigestion. I've also been having symptoms of menopause for about 2 years, but not like this. So what do you gals think? Menopause, hormonal changes, or pregnant? I've also been waking up every morning with very numb hands. This is weird and I'm going crazy with terror. I apologize if this sounds like a rant, but I'm a nervous wreck and can hardly think straight anymore! HELP!

Hi Daisymae

Like you i am too scared to take a pregnancy test, I am 41 & until missing one this month had really regular periods. I don't feel pregnant in my heart but have symptoms that could be due to either the menopause or pregnancy....i feel too young to be menopausal & too old to be pregnant & really don't want to be dealing with either!

I feel so exhausted & find it all quite depressing, so i apologise for not being able to give you any emotional support, but maybe it will help knowing you are not alone. I need to force myself into doing a test too, so maybe we can encourage each other with that - if you do one i will too! Good luck & let us know how you get on!

How has everyone else got on? It would be great to find out what happened with everyone who went through this last year, hope it worked out well for you all.

Loulou xxx

I am 50 years old and in peri-menopause for the last couple of years....periods come very very heavy every 4 to 6 months...the last 4 months they have been regular but this month there is nothing except a bit of cramps and nausea. I'm scared to take pregnancy test and waiting anxiously for period to show up. Breasts are not tender at all as they usually are during the onset. Is it possible to be pregnant and a mom at 51? Would it be a healthy baby? What are the odds of being being pregnant and having a healthy baby at this age?

It looks like I found the right place. I am 52 years old and I think I may be pregnant. I am not menopausal yet, but my periods are irregular. I was on the pill until last April. My gyn told me that the pill is not FDA approved after 52, so she would not prescribe it for me. My husband and I have been using condoms, but I'm pretty sure we had a failure a few weeks ago. I didn't panic then because I felt like I was no longer able to get pregnant. We dealt with infertility for years but were able to have 2 children and adopt one. I had my last child at 42 and a miscarriage at 44. My last pregnancy was difficult at 42. I can't imagine what it will be like now. I haven't done a test yet, I am going to get one today. I am really scared that it will be positive. I mean, I have snow-white hair! What will I look like pregnant! Like a really old pregnant woman, I guess! Thanks for listening.

Lolac

Wow, this is all exactly what I'm going through. I can't believe there are so many women in the same boat!

I'm 42. I have felt very pregnant for the past two weeks.

My first pregnancy I was oblivious LOL, but my second one I knew before my period was due. I kept taking tests and re-taking tests because they kept showing up negative and I knew they were wrong (neg even after 1 week late) but it turned out I was right!

Well I feel totally the same way now -- v. sore breasts, v. heavy uterus, fatigue ... the thing I remember most about both early pregnancies was that I kept feeling like my period was coming any second, and then it didn't. Every time I went to the washroom I'd expect a red spot that never came. Exactly how I feel now. I'm due today but nothing yet.

Also -- my DH had a vasectomy years ago but never did get tested after.

Over the past few months I've been thinking I might be starting perimenopause b/c my periods have gotten a little closer together. My mother didn't start till 60 but my sister is starting now at 48. I'm so confused! But with my negative test history, I won't trust a negative test even if I get one.

I am happy to report that both home pg tests, one Sat and one today are negative. The cramping has stopped, but no period yet. I am so relieved because having a baby at 52 just can't be a good thing! For makitty, I had my last baby at 42. I know how you feel because your symptoms are the same that I have been experiencing. I never had the false negatives, though, in the past. I feel confident that my negs are genuine. I wish you the best.

Lolac

I was glad I stumbled on to this site while searching. I'm hoping it's still read and answered. I'm 49 and over a week late with my period. I'm usually pretty much on time. I've had no other peri-menopausal symptoms and this is the first period I've missed. I am tender in my breasts and not really having morning sickness but occasional little waves of sick stomach feelings, kinda of burpy at times but not throwing up. In fact after I eat most meals I'm looking forward to the next. Feel like I could eat a house. After my last period I did have a little spotting that from what I read could have been implantation bleeding. We actually want to get pregnant and have been trying or lets just say not preventing....if nothing changes from now til the weekend I plan to buy and take a test. Oh and I've never had kids before so no basis for the symptoms except what I've read and not alot of female friends, no sisters to talk to and my mom is gone!

Just wondering how this sounds to those who have kinda been there done that here?
thanks, Dawn

Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem. I am 49 years old and have started menopause. I have all the syptoms of pregnancy. I had a tubal in 1991. Is it possible to still get pregnant? I have the breast tenderness, tummy is starting to swell (little ball), sick to stomache all day, vomiting occasionally for the past 4 weeks, heart burn, really tired, sleeplessness, and so on. All of which I had with my son who is now 17. I am scared to death. Afraid to take the test although I know I need to. No one knows any of this. I need emotional support to get through this situation. Any ideas? I know that it would be a Blessing and miricle if I am pregnant and true gift, but I am still really scared. Please help if you can. If I am would it be healthy at this stage of my life?
Thanks