my daughter is 19 and she is pregnant. Otherwise I do not support abortion, we are Christians and she is baptized and making an abortion would mean killing persons life. However, she is so young, and I am afraid her life would somehow end if she has this baby now. Suddenly my views on abortion have changed and I think I will support her in doing it. I hope that God will forgive me.

My daughter is pregnant too and the girl is 16 and she wants to keep a baby. So, what can I do … I keep on telling she is too young- she is a child herself- I mean child raising a child?! My views on abortion also changed- we are also Christians … and then I made me think … what kid of Christians are we, if our children are having sex at the age of 16?!! It would be better for me to taught her to use condoms and not to except from a child in a modern world not to enter the life, that all of her friends are experiencing!!! She says she is in love with this boy and he is only 18 and also claiming he is in love with her.. But they are both kids!!! I was also a very young mother – was only 18 when I had her, but then were different times and I had a place to stay, I mean, I will definitely help my daughter in anything she decides- abortion or not. I am trying to say that how quickly can someone opinion change when someone close is involved. Dear worried mother, please do not feel guilty over this Christian and abortion thing. Support your daughter- it is her life in question and not Christianity!!!

Hi,i read about your daughters and how you are feeling that their lives would be ruined. I cant understand how you feel(im 21yr female without children), but at the same time,im feel that God may make the child a blessing in your life. God will always forgive,but think of that child as well. It doesnt mean that you are not good Christian parents because your child is having sex at 16. Thats a choice someone makes on their own. I think you should pray really hard about it. I dont believe in abortions unless if you are raped. You can support your daughters, but you will need someone to support both of you. From a non-Christian point of view, i think its best to do what you feel is right. IF you do the action,be ready to face the results. Thats part of what growing up is,well, to me.

After reading the article of the women with the 19 year old pregnant daughter i am surprised and dissipointed that someone would change there religious beliefs just because someone they know, made a mistake! Just the fact that she is too young doesn't change the fact that it is wrong to kill an innocent baby! Think about it, is it really the babies falt that you went out and got pregnant before marriage or before you were ready to settle down with a baby? People make make bad decision every day but making another bad decision to cover it up only makes life that much harder!! The only advise that i can honestly give is to think clearly about something like abortion before you fallow through with it!!

well this is the problem isnt it.

You cant really know what your opinions on something is until you have had it happen to yourself. only then will you know what you think

if you feel your daughters life will be ruined, then do the loving thing. you will have doubts and second thoughts whatever your desicion is anyway, if you keep the child you will think "what if we hadnt let this happen?" and if you abort it you will think "what if we did?"

I suppose it sounds harsh, so forgive me for saying this, but if she was having pre-marital sex you arent being 100% christians in the first place.

I would encourage you to do what your heart tells you, what do you value more, your child's life or your religon? its a hard question!

If you are christians do not have the abortion because you will regret it.Guest wrote:

well this is the problem isnt it.

its up to the person carrying the child. if they are unmarried then they are already going to hell if you have Christian beliefs so really does it matter if you kill someone or something? its really there choice yes you can influence it but are you or them ready for the financial burden?

Your religous beliefs haven't changed! I assume you still believe in God right? What you did is give your daughter a chance at life. Most anti choice people seem to find it better to not only ruin a teens life but fail to realize that if that teen doesnt have a life of their own yet then they aren't able to give a life to another person! That will also ruin a childs life. We all regret decisions we make as parents and some are much harder to deal with than others. I'm glad your daughter has you to support her in when she's needed you MOST! This is a hard thing for adults to think about and to do so as a teen her feelings are even more intense. Don't get me wrong I don't think abortion should be used as birth control, but I do believe that if it's what is best for the woman/ young girl then make that choice. People that have not been there have no idea what a hard decision it is and that for most it hurts to the ends of the earth and back. But that hurt won't compare to the hurt you'll experince if you not only ruin your life but ruin someone elses. Young people haven't learned how to deal with emotions very well yet. When they all of a sudden have to make adult decisions because there is no choice but they still think like a teen not many good decisions are made. And then they are also forced to make decisons for another that depends on them too. I'm not saying that it's not possible to have a child and with the right support have things turn out well when you're young, but I am saying it doesn't happen often. I am saying that like religon it is a PERSONAL decision. You have to do what's best for you and yours! No matter what anyone else says or what there opinon is YOU will be the one to live with decisions you make. I can't stand it when others are here saying that you're not a christian since your child had sex or that she had a abortion with your support. A christian is someone who believes in God. Did sex make her not believe in God? I would guess not. Does it make you less christian to love and support your daughter when she needs you? Again no. It doesn't make you any less christian to be there for her to give her the life you promised her when you CHOSE to have her by sticking by her when she made the choice to abort BEFORE she had to make that same promise to give a life.
I will suggest you pray. God will forgive you if you feel you've sinned, now you must forgive youselves. Again I'm really glad you are there for your daughter. Make sure you're not to hard on her too and let her know you're there for her. She's learning to become independent. It's a learning process that we've all had to go through and even without all of ths it's hard enough. Continue to love and support her!! To people that are anything else to this hurting family you make me sick. Since none of you wrote the bible you have no right to say if they are chirstian or not just like an abortion being chirstian is a PERSONAL CHOICE for this family not for you!!! So their daughther had sex.... what were they supossed to do.... tie her in a chair and sprinkle holy water on her daily? Or were they to raise her the best they could while letting her know their beliefs and love her with all their hearts???

First of all, it was never your decision to begin with. Your daughter is 19, so she is an adult. Even if she weren't an adult I'm fairly sure it's still her choice. Why should you be feeling badly about this? I'm not religious at all, but I should think nothing would change. You made the right decision in supporting this. An unwanted birth would change her life forever.

In response to the mothers of the pregnant teens, Christianity is not just "believing " in God, it is asking his son to be your personal lord and savior and then having a close personal relationship with them both. So, not to sound snotty, but I think you are confusing your being a good and kind person with Christianity. If you are really having a difficult time making this decision, you probably should'nt be asking a bunch of strangers what to do, you should be asking your heavenly father what He wishes for you, your daughter, and your grandbaby. That is a very difficult thing for most everyone to do unless they realize that He loves you so much and wants the best for you. That does not always mean a big, fancy house, car, etc. It means true peace and happiness. Isn't that what everyone wants? As a christian, you surely know He will not allow you to go through anything that does not go through His hand first. These things can be very difficult things, but He knows they will make you stronger, better people in time. Would you fight for your grandchild's life if you knew that God would provide for you all? That the person inside of your daughter would be one of the most amazing and wonderful people you would ever know and want to be with? What is your daughter learning about her responsibilities in her life? If this is not important enough to follow through with, what is? What is more important than this? Her job? Her credit? Being on time for an appointment? All of those things mean nothing compared to her child. Isn't that how you feel about your children? I believe it is. I always find it difficult to understand how people, christians and non christians alike, can think life should be easy. What about all of the suffering in this world? Everyone is born, lives life according to the choices they make, and eventually die. If she still doesn't want to keep the baby, at least let the baby be born and put up for adoption. There are many people in this world who want a baby. If you couldn't at least bear this, then you need to look at yourselves and realize how much is vanity. Who cares what others think about your young daughter having sex and getting pregnant. The life of that person in her womb should not have to end just because you couldn't stand being embarrased. Anyone who judges another because of that should'nt be someone who's opinion matters to you! We are a military family and have learned what kind of people we wish to have around us. The strong, faithful people, the ones in the trenches with you that won't leave you until the very end. Be strong! You can do what you know is right! You can! I'm sorry, I know this sounds preachy, but there are worse things in this world, like killing a baby with our eyes wide open. By the way, God will forgive you and your daughter no matter what choice you make or have made, if you ask for forgiveness and really mean it. Even Christians aren't perfect. And all of our sins are the same to Him. Just sin. He loves you no matter what you choose, so you can take that fear and throw it away right now. It's your own unforgiveness that you will have to live with. %-)

Crikettgirl,

YOU SAID IT BEST !!!! I totally agree with you. My family is a military family also. I was reading the post by guest telling the person that they were "allready going to hell". It is Gods job to be the judge, not ours. I dont believe in labeling "pro-choice" or "anti-choice". If you believe in something, that is great, we are allowed to express our views. If you do not like the views, you have the option of moving forward to something else.

I am not so sure that I have read many people posting "those anti-lifers" in here. I dont think we need to label another person, I think we need to state our facts, our opinions and let others have their opinions.

I have counseled MANY young ladies whom have had their lives TORN TO SHREDS from abortion. Honestly I could say about 95 % of them. I see the heartache and depression and anxiety from people whom of which were happy go lucky women. I have seen people say in their opinion that usually the women who have depression after an abortion are "pre disposed" to depression, or that they already suffer depression. I respectfully disagree. I did not see that with these girls.

HONESTLY....IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ A GREAT BOOK. .... READ THE BOOK BY THE WOMAN WHO WAS THE JANE ROE IN THE ROE VS. WADE CASE....NORMA MCCORVEY 'WON BY LOVE'. If that doesnt open eyes, I dont know what will. If you are courageous to read this.....my hats off to you.

Though I do not believe in abortion, not only because of my convictions, but because of the destruction I have seen....I WILL NOT judge another for their choice they made. There are factually alot of women whom do not wish to share their struggles from abortion with others. A close friend of mine stated that she was afraid to be judged, treated wrongly, ashamed to tell someone else. It didnt change my opinion of her.

Put the truth and the facts out.

Lets face it....wether you claim to be "pro-life" or "pro-choice"......does not matter. There are alot of people on both ends of the spectrum whom do not care about others, who have alterior agendas for themselves, are greedy and self centered, and who will mislead ANYONE for their own sakes.

LET COMMON SENSE BE JUST THAT....COMMON.

Read the facts...use common sense.

Hizgrace